Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

Steve Wiltfong 12m
Chicago Simeon OT Denzel Ward tells me #Nebraska offered. He may visit in January:

Replacing the OK visit? I just don't see this kid going out to NE or OK.

Steve Wiltfong 12m
Chicago Simeon OT Denzel Ward tells me #Nebraska offered. He may visit in January:

Replacing the OK visit? I just don't see this kid going out to NE or OK.
@DWard75_: I won't be taking my Oklahoma visit. Appreciate their recruitment of me.

Pretty interesting that he just 'bumped' into Harbaugh and those guys. They were the away team. How come he didn't have his pic taken with Shady?

And Busch Gardens?

The USF HC (Taggart) coached under Harbaugh at Stanford. I'm sure that's how it was arranged. The funny thing is Shafer also did (as was a DC, as opposed to a RB coach like Taggart)

I'm also living in Chicago and there is a lot of Cuse hype out there amongst HS football coaches.

Tim Lester and DeAndre Smith have done a great job so far and getting Ward would be HUGE for the Cuse.

I really believe with Florida St back, and Miami getting back, a great deal of players from all over, want the opportunity to play against them in the ACC. Now its up to ACC teams to beat their opponents in the Bowl Games. With Louisville, Notre Dame, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Boston College now in the ACC, there are many games their family, and friends can easily get to.

Lets also not underestimate the aaron roberts / kendal moore connection helping us

Sounded like he wasn't satisfied with just Cuse and USF. Here you go.

I don't mind it. Let him puff up his offer list. If he has the right people guiding him they will know that Pelini situation is highly toxic and can blow at any time. Plus if he told OU no thanks because he was worried about the 2 deep I can't see how it will be better at Nebraska. Pelini is at win now at all costs mode. He is going JUCO heavy and can't risk playing a true Freshman early. Then again it's Pelini so i'm sure he will blow a few lines and tell the kid whatever he wants to hear.

Interesting-Wonder if the other Chicago guys change their date as well

That weekend right now is:
Ward - ot
Ishmael - wr
Edouard- Qb
Derrick Tindale - db
Zeek Rodney - dt
Mike Johnson - db

Following weekend is:
Dawson - db
Williams- db
Enoicy- wr/TE
JThomas- lb
DLawrence- db

Plus all of our other commits still need to visit

That weekend right now is:
Ward - ot
Ishmael - wr
Edouard- Qb
Derrick Tindale - db
Zeek Rodney - dt
Mike Johnson - db

Following weekend is:
Dawson - db
Williams- db
Enoicy- wr/TE
JThomas- lb
DLawrence- db

Plus all of our other commits still need to visit
This is such an exciting list. I can't wait to see which of these guys end up in Orange. Needless to say, we're not scraping the bottom of the barrel for late commits anymore.

Kid just didn't seem to like his offers. Gotta beat out UCLA and Nebraska. Gonna be hard

Kid just didn't seem to like his offers. Gotta beat out UCLA and Nebraska. Gonna be hard

Especially since there are only two open weekends in January after the Dead Period.

Especially since there are only two open weekends in January after the Dead Period.
So it would have to be that he canceled his visit to SU. This is what happens when you take the chance of bringing these kids in so late in the recruiting cycle. Why wasn't he brought in during December?

Also how is UCLa getting involved in what is suppose to be the dead period?

So it would have to be that he canceled his visit to SU. This is what happens when you take the chance of bringing these kids in so late in the recruiting cycle. Why wasn't he brought in during December?

Also how is UCLa getting involved in what is suppose to be the dead period?

They can still make phone calls once a week and contact kids on Facebook, letters.

"During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period."

And with Ward I don't think it would have made any difference if they had brought him in early... he has already been committed/decommitted from two schools. He has something else in mind.

Last edited:
They can still make phone calls once a week and contact kids on Facebook, letters.

"During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period."

And with Ward I don't think it would have made any difference if they had brought him in early... he has already been committed/decommitted from two schools. He has something else in mind.
Bottom line is they need to close on these players. They need to get the job done.

He's visiting cuse on 1/17. The last visit weekend is technically 1/31

The NCAA really screwed everyone by extending the dead and eliminating that first weekend