Diamond Stone | Syracusefan.com

Diamond Stone

He was gone before the season even started.

If Skal Labasieere is gone. Diamond Stone gone too.

Speaking of Maryland. What's up with Melo Trimble. He gone? Not gone?

College ball is a joke, marginal players staying one season is now commonplace... Minimum two year stay should be mandatory... Otherwise go overseas...

Melo Trimble has entered the NBA draft but has NOT signed with an agent

College ball is a joke, marginal players staying one season is now commonplace... Minimum two year stay should be mandatory... Otherwise go overseas...

Its really sad what college basketball has become, someone who is a 2nd round pick leaves.

Its really sad what college basketball has become, someone who is a 2nd round pick leaves.
Exactly, let these kids wait out the NBA time table in Europe or China. College basketball will be fine without them...

Exactly, let these kids wait out the NBA time table in Europe or China.
That's the exact opposite of what will happen as the D-League matures.

I don't think it will go quite this far, but you know how nobody bats an eye that nobody goes straight from highschool or college to MLB? Basketball is going to move in that direction.

Seems only Nova and UVa players don't leave.

I don't think people understand but the one and done rule is not a NCAA rule it is a NBA rule

Could you imagine if we were all treated this way in our endeavors. "You must do two years or else" - pretty sure I wouldn't like that.

I don't think it will go quite this far, but you know how nobody bats an eye that nobody goes straight from highschool or college to MLB? Basketball is going to move in that direction.
No one seems to care when it's tennis, hockey and even golf.

Besides a two year minimum, the single most important thing for CBB in my opinion is referees getting charge-block calls more consistent. Holy moly, it's not a game if you have no rules! CBB becomes championship wrestling when the referees muck it up.

IMG_1054b.jpg

How is this a block and not a charge? If the referees cannot get this call correct they should be kicked out of CBB period.

Last edited:

Only one player in MLB has made the high school to the Show jump in the last 15 years and it was the inconsequential Mike Leake. I get your point, but other sports, maybe soccer or tennis might be better examples.

Besides a two year minimum, the single most important thing for CBB in my opinion is referees getting charge-block calls more consistent. Holy moly, it's not a game if you have no rules! CBB becomes championship wrestling when the referees muck it up.

View attachment 60497

How is this a block and not a charge? If the referees cannot get this call correct they should be kicked out of CBB period.

What do you propose? Refs don't have the luxury of gifs, jpegs, and YouTube.

What do you propose? Refs don't have the luxury of gifs, jpegs, and YouTube.

There is a point where subjective judgment comes into play. But there are some plays where to say it was too close to call just does NOT apply. I don't know what to do. I think the NCAA should review 100 hours of videos and make a tape of good charge-block calls and bad charge-block calls so everyone understands the rules. And then they need to educate referees not to get emotionally involved in a game. I've seen too many referees jump around all animated making a big call that the home crowd will go nuts over as if the referee is part of the game. I'm sorry, referees should have absolutely no emotion during a game. There's a right way to be a referee and wrong way. I've coached CYO and my town's rec league for four years now. We have some CYO referees that are just terrific. I'm mean they are really good. And then, we go to some towns and the local referees are sooooooo bad. Being a referee requires a huge amount of skill. If the NCAA was actually doing its job instead counting all the millions they get from the TV deals then they would actually would be making sure referees are properly paid and trained. It's a big pet peeve of mine. I'm sorry, but when you see it done right you just can't accept it when it is done so poorly!

Only one player in MLB has made the high school to the Show jump in the last 15 years and it was the inconsequential Mike Leake. I get your point, but other sports, maybe soccer or tennis might be better examples.

Not sure which Mike Leake you are talking about. I'm an ASU baseball fan and the Mike Leake that I know pitched 3 seasons for ASU and was very successful at the college ranks. He was named PAC-10 pitcher of the year his Sophomore and Junior seasons and was named 1st team academic all-american his Junior year. Because of this success in college, he went from being drafted in the 7th round out of high school to being drafted 9th overall by the Reds after his Junior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom