Did Anyone Attend the Brown Game? | Syracusefan.com

Did Anyone Attend the Brown Game?

DilemaCuse

All Conference
Just curious what the thoughts were for those who attended?

That was the least filled dome for a bball game ever. I think I have seen exhibition games be better attended.

I know there was a long list of factors. But as we get away from Christmas and move to ACC games, are fans planning on attending?

Are you not attending because of the protocols that affect fan experience or because the team is average? Just curious

Just curious what the thoughts were for those who attended?

That was the least filled dome for a bball game ever. I think I have seen exhibition games be better attended.

I know there was a long list of factors. But as we get away from Christmas and move to ACC games, are fans planning on attending?

Are you not attending because of the protocols that affect fan experience or because the team is average? Just curious

No students.

It's the Holidays.

There's a global pandemic, for what has now become an incredibly contagious virus.

An underwhelming opponent.

A last-second rescheduling for this game.

And - GASP! - no food or beer!!

I'm pretty sure it's this last one that kept fans away in droves.

Just out of curiosity, did they sell soda and coffee, or just water? The email said they were going to sell all three, but someone on the board last night said only water.

The policies were not well received last night - even though they were communicated out ahead of time. I heard from several reliable folks who work up there that the university and Dome officials got more than an earful last night and into this morning. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them reverse course after this week. At least on the concessions.

I am in Charlotte but going back today. My daughter and I will be at all the rest of the games, unless we have to miss a few . . .

Frankly, I feel irritated by any “fans” who wouldn’t go to a game because they can’t drink. It’s two damn hours. Support your team!

But I am not irritated by anyone who is worried about Covid. I am boosted and healthy, so I am willing to take the risk. But I know there are people not willing, and I get it.

I think Comstock was right on.

Wouldn't miss a game regardless of restrictions unless I was severely concerned that it wasn't safe. I will say that mask compliance was exponentially better las night with no alcohol being served. They did sell soda, not sure about water. And they had the backcourt VIP section set up. That was scheduled to open Wednesday against Georgia Tech so I took that as a sign that restrictions will be lifted soon.
From what I hear the AD is advocating for the fans that paid for premium season tickets that would include complementary food and beverage including suite holders and courtside seats that have access to the lounge under the stands. Ultimately the chancellor and BOT will approve any changes.

The policies were not well received last night - even though they were communicated out ahead of time. I heard from several reliable folks who work up there that the university and Dome officials got more than an earful last night and into this morning. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them reverse course after this week. At least on the concessions.

The beef was mainly from court side people because they pay a lot for their tix and it includes food and beverages.

The beef was mainly from court side people because they pay a lot for their tix and it includes food and beverages.

Would they prefer that fans not be allowed in at all?

Or that the game be cancelled outright?

How about the rest of the season?

Global pandemic, people.
Be thankful you had a game to attend, and kwitcherbitchin.

I went. It was a little weird. Concourse and bathrooms, etc. felt like a high school football game (had the troughs completely to myself).

I’m hopeful the booze/food restrictions get lifted by early February. I don’t see the mask mandate getting lifted this season.

Court side seats did get a free bottle of water and a coupon for a second one. Why are they complaining?

And the food, do they get more complaints when there is no food or when you have to buy what they are selling? They cannot even do a pretzel right any more.

I go for the basketball.

I went. It was good to see some basketball but also very weird.
My whole thing is how is buying a soda and water different than buying a beer and pretzel ? I don’t get some of the decisions but i will leave my opinion out of it... It was so quiet people like were afraid to talk lol. But the outcome of the game was great!

My tickets got used. My parking pass worked. And I saw my guests on tv. They looked happy to be there, but they can speak for themselves.
Can you transfer parking passes?

Can you transfer parking passes?
I don't know. I have hard-copy (plastic) tickets and parking passes, and I suspect they cannot be transferred electronically. Fortunately, the people who had my tix for the Lehigh game were able to use them for the Brown game last night so transferring them was not an issue.

I don't know. I have hard-copy (plastic) tickets and parking passes, and I suspect they cannot be transferred electronically. Fortunately, the people who had my tix for the Lehigh game were able to use them for the Brown game last night so transferring them was not an issue.

All parking passes are hard copy. No digital passes.

That was apparent during football, whenever someone walked into a suite off went the mask

And the employees weren’t wearing them either, yeah it was very apparent

I think I am going to attend the Clemson game Jan 18 that is at 9pm. $150 for a RT flight I can't make 7pm starts.

Is this likely to be the lowest attended regular season mens basketball game at the Dome in its history? Students back?

Can anyone tip me off to what store sells nips the closest to the Dome I can uber to?

Can anyone tip me off to what store sells nips the closest to the Dome I can uber to?
I know there is a liquor store at the bottom of the hill near Phoebe's called Orange Hill or something like that. I've never been in it so I can't vouch for their inventory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom