Did anyone listen to Allen Griffen on Orange Nation? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did anyone listen to Allen Griffen on Orange Nation?

I do wonder if he wants to play with his brother though
Last I knew, Justin was going to test the NBA draft process. And that might be exactly what he is doing.

Or maybe he isn't hearing what he was hoping to hear from the NBA and is shifting gears. That might account for the really late decision.

My guess is Justin Champagnie. I know he loved Syracuse growing up. He would be such a good fit for this team...
Would be amazing. We have enough shooters. This kid is like Q but better ... an inside baller, very crafty at both ends ... a walking double double that went off for 24 and 16 against us at the Pete. From Staten Island I believe. Great addition if he doesn't jump.

Last edited:
How about Tariq Ingraham? 6'9 255 from Wake. Only played in two games. But I think would help any team he moved on to. Fits the up and coming pretty well. PT early here might be a problem but boy would I love to see the kid in Orange.

But we would have to take one off the floor to put Justin on it. This guy Tariq that I mentioned, might just give us a low post threat to add to our big man group.
well if we were to go after a guy like Tariq it would seem to mean Frank A is ether leaving or JB doesn't think much of him as a ready-to-go backup

well if we were to go after a guy like Tariq it would seem to mean Frank A is ether leaving or JB doesn't think much of him as a ready-to-go backup
Maybe.

Kadray re-entering the portal lol

actually he’s still in it. A kid stays in it until they attend a class at their new school. He could still go anyplace.

I thought I heard Griff say something about a player possibly becoming available in the portal in the next week that they had not expected to be. It sounded like a player they would be interested in trying to get. Interestingly, I could have sworn he even said it was a player within conference. I could be wrong and have misheard him though. Anyone else listen and hear it?
Did he explicitly say that player is not from CUSE? What if he has knowledge about another portal entering player from cuse?

I don't know if it is tampering just based on what Allen allegedly said.

I suspect in a lot of cases, a player thinking of entering the transfer portal talks to their AAU coach, or HS coach, and tell them this. Asks if they can help gauge interest, and maybe provides a few schools.

If an AAU coach or HS coach contacts a member of the SU staff in this kind of a circumstance, I don't think this is tampering. Even if the member of the staff takes the info back to the HC and rest of the staff and they discuss interest in a potential transfer, I don't think this is tampering. And I think it is fine if after that meeting, the staff member gets back to the coach and lets them know if Syracuse would or would not be interested.

All of that seems fine to me. I would think this is what the NCAA would actually want. If you want players to have true freedom to transfer, I think it is reasonable to allow them to casually 'test the waters' and see if putting your name in the portal is going to be worthwhile. Especially given once you put your name in the portal, it appears your scholarship is no longer guaranteed.

I think when the school contacts the player, or people close to the player and expresses interest, then you have tampering.
Anyone who thinks a kid doesn't have a good read prior to entering the portal is delusional.

Players we recruited out of HS:
  • Jose Alvarado
  • Isaiah Wong
Players I wish it was:
  • Moses Wright
  • Justin Champagnie
Wong would be a great fit but I think he’d want at least 27+mpg

Players we recruited out of HS:
  • Jose Alvarado
  • Isaiah Wong
Players I wish it was:
  • Moses Wright
  • Justin Champagnie
Kentugly fans have seen saying for weeks now that they’re gonna add Jose or Marcus Z for their point guards problems lol so maybe It will be Jose

Kentugly fans have seen saying for weeks now that they’re gonna add Jose or Marcus Z for their point guards problems lol so maybe It will be Jose

Lol they really are the worst, so delusional and entitled.

Someone mentioned to me today they thought Jose was UK bound. I don't see it and not sure it makes sense but who knows. I think they add Tyty here real soon.

Someone mentioned to me today they thought Jose was UK bound. I don't see it and not sure it makes sense but who knows. I think they add Tyty here real soon.
I heard Jose wanted to go closer to home - he has 2 kids. StJohns was thought to be the early favorite; we obviously could fall into that category too

I heard Jose wanted to go closer to home - he has 2 kids. StJohns was thought to be the early favorite; we obviously could fall into that category too
Id take his defense. Not sure I can picture him coming here but if proximity to home is a factor then there's a chance.

Id take his defense. Not sure I can picture him coming here but if proximity to home is a factor then there's a chance.
Yeah no way he’d want to come here if he isn’t starting.
No I agree I don’t think he’s coming here. I just heard StJohns was the favorite granted that was a few months ago before UK had no roster left

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom