Did the WVU AD get discussed today? | Syracusefan.com

Did the WVU AD get discussed today?

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
Luck, the WVU AD said today that he would gladly take Air Force and Navy over SU. Must be he knows they have a B12 invite now and he can talk sheet.

If Luck said that, and he probably did, then he is a complete idiot and a very bitter man. No disrespect to the troops in the Air Force and Navy but that is just beyond a stupid comment to make for an AD.

And then he gets his knee pads out and goes to beg the SEC, Big 12 or ACC to let him join.

I'd think the same, except that Luck is a loudmouthed arrogant fool that shoots himself in the foot pretty often...

What do folks expect him to say? Or any school that is stuck in the mess that is the BE. Of course they are bitter. We would be too.

It was during halftime of an ESPN game today. Here are the nuggets about Pitt and SU.

WVU AD Luck: "we'll still play Pitt...every year in football and probably in basketball."
WVU AD Luck: "no discussions yet with Pitt folks."
WVU AD Luck: "we bring 25,000 to Pitt every year." Pitt "is not filling up Heinz Field on their own. They need us there."

WVU AD Luck: "I would trade Air Force & Navy for Syracuse football any day of the week."
WVU AD Luck: "nobody comes to watch Syracuse..." says losing that game won't hurt.

Isn't he an AD? No matter how bitter he is, isn't that a bit unprofessional? I was hoping WVU found a home real soon. Now I hope they suffer and maybe get left out.

It was during halftime of an ESPN game today. Here are the nuggets about Pitt and SU.

WVU AD Luck: "we'll still play Pitt...every year in football and probably in basketball."
WVU AD Luck: "we bring 25,000 to Pitt every year." Pitt "is not filling up Heinz Field on their own. They need us there."

WVU AD Luck: "I would trade Air Force & Navy for Syracuse football any day of the week."
WVU AD Luck: "nobody comes to watch Syracuse..." says losing that game won't hurt.

Isn't he an AD? No matter how bitter he is, isn't that a bit unprofessional? I was hoping WVU found a home real soon. Now I hope they suffer and maybe get left out.

We better win the damn Schwartzwalder Trophy game this season so we can keep it forever in it's rightful place. F him. He's probably still mad about how they made the Neers look in The Express.

Schools are looking at their destruction of their athletic programs should they get left out and are trying to spin things positively for their fan bases. They are allowed to be pissed off.

If he's talking football, he's right. If basketball, obviously not close. But haven't we all learned that football calls the shots? And Navy and Air Force are simply better football programs.

Given what Luck said, I doubt we play them after we go to the ACC then. Too bad to end it after all of these years like this but if that's how Luck wants to end it so be it. I to was rooting for WVU more than any other school to find a home. I guess I maybe shouldn't have. Glad to get out of this mess of a conference.

If he's talking football, he's right. If basketball, obviously not close. But haven't we all learned that football calls the shots? And Navy and Air Force are simply better football programs.

Recent football win-loss records do not make a program when it is looked at by a conference.

WV wanted out and it's kind of funny that it was turned around on them and now Luck is pouting, I'm glad we are leaving the BE as well.

I just listened to this dbag's interview it seemed to me he was taking shots at SU and Pitt like a political attack dog. Like during the last presidential election Obama picked Biden for his attack dog ability it seemed like Luck was asked to be a attack dog and speak his beliefs. The shots at Pitt aren't going to entice them to keep playing them and he is taking it for granted Pitt needs them. Whether he likes it or not the perception of WVU's academics have hurt them. I don't know how good or bad they are, but instead of actually saying Air Force and Navy are more relevant than Syracuse he should be working on selling his university. It is laughable when the ACC invited SU into the conference that he would claim we are irrelevant. Ollie when SU and Pitt leave enjoy the second rate TV contract you and WVU are going to receive and continuing to play Providence College in basketball. I wonder TGD will come out and say something like SU will now only play conference football games against 1st tier academic universities and longer any schools with 75% acceptance rates. Luck knows WVU is SOL as it pertains to the SEC and will be forced to play conference games in Greenville, NC, Philadelphia, PA, and Orlando, FL.

Maybe after reading those comments, Swofford and the ACC will reconsider and invite West Virginia instead.

Maybe after reading those comments, Swofford and the ACC will reconsider and invite West Virginia instead.

No, I imagine Swofford is kicking himself now for not inviting Air Force and Navy instead...

That is the epitome of unprofessionalism. That makes him look so bad regardless of what has transpired over the last few weeks. I understand he's pissed at us, but you don't say those things when you are the face of an athletic program.

Oliver Luck, go pound salt. Keep pounding...

There's some Grade A bulletin board material for WVU week.

So now they are going to burn bridges instead of couches ? Not a good move. You never know in college athletics. What if SU had done the same thing after the first go around with the ACC ?

SUOrange44

So now they are going to burn bridges instead of couches ? Not a good move. You never know in college athletics. What if SU had done the same thing after the first go around with the ACC ?

SUOrange44

Yeah, really. As UConn may find out re BC.

He may want to play Pitt each year and he may think Pitt will want to play them, but I think it is extremely unlikely that is going to happen, for the same reasons Penn State will not play Pittsburgh each year anymore. The main one is that Pitt now has a huge recruiting advantage over WVU and can only marginalize it by playing the Mountaineers and possibly losing to them.

The schools that could do the most to help get WVU into the ACC are SU and Pitt. You don't attack people that can help you, at least not in public. If UConn or Rutgers gets into the ACC someday instead of WVU, these comments may have played a role in it. Though I have to say, I don't think WVU gets into the ACC unless the SEC takes 3 ACC schools first.

Luck, the WVU AD said today that he would gladly take Air Force and Navy over SU. Must be he knows they have a B12 invite now and he can talk sheet.

Of course he would. In a conference that needs warm bodies, anyone would trade two for one.

Luck is not only out of luck but his mind as well.

This from the man who screw the pooch with his lame duck head coaching fiasco. No surprise, he is a tool.

Don't think you're going to be playing Pitt in FB every year as well and you just burned the bridge with SU. Dumb.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom