Diggs | Syracusefan.com

Diggs

17.5 is the record here for sacks in a season.

Last really good DL here was 2018, Robinson, Williams, Slayton, Johnathan, Black, Coleman, Ruff, Richards. 7th in sacks, 20th in TFL, 7th Opp. 3rd down. Team was 5th in ints. Legit 2 deep with not a ton of fall off.

The reason they weren’t great is they didn’t dominate the run, gave up lots of yds. Pass defense,was worse, 116th. Big play D, gave up lots of yds but great on the money down and got the ball back. Most came back the following year and production cratered and still gave up the yds. Still don’t get that.

2011 they were very good with Jones. Marinovich, Bromley, Ball, Sharpe, Goggins. Not deep and Jones was hurt much of the year.

The 2001 starting DL Freeney, Thomas, Gachelin, Ferrara might be the best first four in the last 25yrs.

Hope the group this year can be as good as those groups. Lots of pieces, should be fun.

Penalty flag for not clarifying this as a highlight reel! You can’t just drop a name in the title and expect us to think it’s not about an injury or suspension.

Curious how many plays/game he does.

Last really good DL here was 2018, Robinson, Williams, Slayton, Johnathan, Black, Coleman, Ruff, Richards. 7th in sacks, 20th in TFL, 7th Opp. 3rd down. Team was 5th in ints. Legit 2 deep with not a ton of fall off.

The reason they weren’t great is they didn’t dominate the run, gave up lots of yds. Pass defense,was worse, 116th. Big play D, gave up lots of yds but great on the money down and got the ball back. Most came back the following year and production cratered and still gave up the yds. Still don’t get that.

2011 they were very good with Jones. Marinovich, Bromley, Ball, Sharpe, Goggins. Not deep and Jones was hurt much of the year.

The 2001 starting DL Freeney, Thomas, Gachelin, Ferrara might be the best first four in the last 25yrs.

Hope the group this year can be as good as those groups. Lots of pieces, should be fun.
Diggs has four sacks last year.

I don’t think he’s Freeney-esque, but he’ll be good. Curious how many plays a game he winds up getting. Didn’t he play something like 40% of the snaps last year?

Curious how many plays/game he does.

Diggs has four sacks last year.

I don’t think he’s Freeney-esque, but he’ll be good. Curious how many plays a game he winds up getting. Didn’t he play something like 40% of the snaps last year?
They will be playing two games against SEC level OL’s size, NCSt and Miami, this year. BC is probably closest after that. Don’t know what VT did in the portal but last year their biggest OL was a 6-6 320 Fr, most of their OL were 300 +/_5.

I think you need to limit snaps on the DL in the SEC like in the nfl., sub 50% is not unusual.

I think he’ll play more here because the load won’t be as intense, but not much more. I think if he’s not dbl digit in sacks that will be a disappointment. Containment of the Qb will be huge against GT, VT, and BC, more important than sacks.

So much will depend on the other guys on our dline. If we can be stout against the run and force volume passplay, then I think Diggs has 12 to 15 sacks ability. We also need his counterpart on the other end position to be aggressive enough that the oline does not run enhanced protection Diggs side. No matter what I get the feeling things will be fun.

Diggs isn’t twitch quick where those guys put up big sack numbers, but he won’t get run over. he’ll be great at the point of attack and holding the edge

Didn't all four of those guys in 01 see some time in NFL?

Thomas played alongside Dwight

Pretty sure Big Lou and Ferrara also held on for a couple years

Didn't all four of those guys in 01 see some time in NFL?

Thomas played alongside Dwight

Pretty sure Big Lou and Ferrara also held on for a couple years
Thomas and Freeney had mult year careers, the other guys made it to camp, done within a year.

They will be playing two games against SEC level OL’s size, NCSt and Miami, this year. BC is probably closest after that. Don’t know what VT did in the portal but last year their biggest OL was a 6-6 320 Fr, most of their OL were 300 +/_5.

I think you need to limit snaps on the DL in the SEC like in the nfl., sub 50% is not unusual.

I think he’ll play more here because the load won’t be as intense, but not much more. I think if he’s not dbl digit in sacks that will be a disappointment. Containment of the Qb will be huge against GT, VT, and BC, more important than sacks.
Think you are right on PT. Sacks wise, he could stack stats before October, but he also doesn’t have SEC-caliber teammates on the line so he’ll get a fair share of doubles and chips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom