Dino’s H0t Seat Rankings | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino’s H0t Seat Rankings

And if Shrader has to sit the play out because he's injured?

Do you trust the Freshman QB who's never seen a minute of action this season?
You mean the “freshman” QB that started 2 games last year and played in another for most of jt

Goal posts moving all over
Good coaches win with other peoples recruits. They also win with their own - and this team is his guys and playing well.

I don’t know why you think I have an infatuation with the guy - I just want to see him succeed. Which he has had mixed results. He’s not proven to be a bad HC. That’s whatever folks who wear the opposite of orange colored glasses wear lol
Lets just say your view of success and my view of success are complete opposite.

Lets just say your view of success and my view of success are complete opposite.
You don’t think this year has been better than the last two? Signs of improvement? Like near any data point you can imagine?

See you in two years when they prove they are better and have made a couple of bowls lol

Sigh

You are right, it doesn't happen often, but i will give you one. James Franklin, with no previous HC experience, taking over a Vanderbilt program that had gone 2-10, 2-10, and in his first year went 6-6, went to bowl, then 9-4 and 9-4 with two bowl wins, before departing for Penn St
Since the poster I responded to said it happened every year, I asked for an example from this year. Franklin did an excellent job, but the example is from 10 years ago, so I think it's a great example of its rarity. It's also well noted that he is a scumbag. I hope we never sell our souls to get someone like him.

You don’t think this year has been better than the last two? Signs of improvement? Like near any data point you can imagine?

See you in two years when they prove they are better and have made a couple of bowls lol

Sigh
Sure they look better now but improving on a 1 win season is not that hard. Just like when they beat Clemson and then lost the next five games to close out the season. I just don't have faith in DB at this point. Hopefully DB can continue to win but we will see.

I'd like to see him get a couple more years on an extension. Yeah, he has made some poor in game decisions and the play calling on offense could be better, but those things can be learned.

I'm most impressed by how he changed the entire identity of this team and has been able to bring in some real difference makers, despite the recruiting rankings. Continually changing coaches sucks and Dino has had some great seasons in the part, here and at his other jobs.

I'd be happy with Dino as our long term coach, even if we have some down seasons here and there.

I'd like to see him get a couple more years on an extension. Yeah, he has made some poor in game decisions and the play calling on offense could be better, but those things can be learned.

I'm most impressed by how he changed the entire identity of this team and has been able to bring in some real difference makers, despite the recruiting rankings. Continually changing coaches sucks and Dino has had some great seasons in the part, here and at his other jobs.

I'd be happy with Dino as our long term coach, even if we have some down seasons here and there.
If he makes bowls this year and next year then I say do it

Recruiting failures? The whole roster is upgraded compared to when he arrived. Has he missed in some guys? Yeah. Guess what, every team does, and it's been a long time since SU was viewed as a prime destination. It takes time to build that.

Hiring his son in law's father was a big blunder. I wonder if it costed us some QBs. That's fixed now.

In game decisions are sometimes a problem. They have frustrated me. I'm willing to live with them, if he can continue to build the overall program. Nick Saban or some other proven coach is not coming to replace him. He's doing enough to rectify his mistakes and strengthen the program that I'd rather not continue the revolving door of coaches that don't guarantee an upgrade.
People forget the greats had to struggle before they became the greats. "Clemsoning" was a real thing, losing a WT*** game, then Dabo Swinney broke through. Saban had to build his teams. Urban Meyer, likewise. As long as HCDB keeps improving the team, I will support him. He is easily a great ambassador for SU and a guy who takes education seriously. He is building depth on the team and we should go bowling this year.

People forget the greats had to struggle before they became the greats. "Clemsoning" was a real thing, losing a WT*** game, then Dabo Swinney broke through. Saban had to build his teams. Urban Meyer, likewise. As long as HCDB keeps improving the team, I will support him. He is easily a great ambassador for SU and a guy who takes education seriously. He is building depth on the team and we should go bowling this year.
I'm not sure Saban and Meyer are examples of guys struggling. They seemed to march their way up the ranks until they were at the top. I don't think they should be viewed as the rule, however. They're the exception. Most coaches aren't going to be as consistently great as them.

It is interesting that Saban only had one season at Michigan state where he won more than 7 games. He wasn't bad there but was very average. Today he wouldn't sniff the LSU job with that record.

This team likes their coach and each other. Have to give Dino huge credit for that.
Always was the thing in the back of my mind

he’s back next year. Need to win one more for me to be happy w this season because a bowl should be the goal.

w Tucker and Shred we will be a magazine cover darling come next August. I think w the way ACC is going it’s there for the taking in our division. Dino will need to bang the portal and install some intelligence on the management

8-4 or bust for 22

Dino isn’t going anywhere. Scott Frost? That dude may not make it another 2 weeks.
Something like 5-18 in one score games including 0-6 this year

Our five game stretch where we won 2 of the 3 was stressful enough. I couldn't imagine what Husker land is like.

99C64939-D555-47BF-8B52-1B316D67D0CA.jpeg

At #26 he should survive for another season.

Sure they look better now but improving on a 1 win season is not that hard. Just like when they beat Clemson and then lost the next five games to close out the season. I just don't have faith in DB at this point. Hopefully DB can continue to win but we will see.
Right. This was my original point. If it’s going to take consistency to get you to have faith, and you say that is a two year process - I guess we get your negative takes for two more years.

I don’t think he’s out of the woods - we lose the last 3 and it’s going to be tough. But, I know we will be competitive in all 3. And that’s fun and positive. See?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom