Dino Babers is.. | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers is..

Coverage teams have been great, Returns have been pretty decent, too.

Punter kicks like he has no business being on the team. Couldn't they find a scholarship kid? Did they give the job to a walk on? And what about the rugby guy who kicked that awful kick a few weeks ago - or is that they we're using now?

Andre is no longer a giant, either. But really, the punter is a huge problem. Running teams have to be able to win the field position battle, but you can't do that with a punter who was averaging 26 yards on his first 3 kicks, and had a 10 yarder last week, too.
Agreed coverage has been spot on.
Pena has been an adventure with returning kick offs.

All losable, especially when we spot the other team free points and advantages.
Yeah, I don't see the confidence vs any of these teams. Yes, it is possible to win. However, all four will be favored over Syracuse...no question.

If BC beats Syracuse next month it will be 3rd BC win vs Cuse in a row...all at Dome. Twice with backup QB...Grosel...and once with BC's currently injured starter who played 2020 game with separated throwing shoulder.

IMO, if that happens, that does not show much "improvement" in this FB program. How can this be viewed as progress?

That’s the rumor.
Also this team is playing fairly well minus special teams
Dino is not perfect.
We don’t need to go down the path of FSU, USC, Tennessee with knee jerk coaching changes.
He gets us to a bowl he earns the year IMO.
And if he doesn’t go to a bowl?! Regardless if it’s 3 wins, 4 wins, 5 wins. He should be gone right?

i will say people (fans at least) weren't walking out of the stadium 4th quarter.
Those kinds of fans aren’t going in the first place, these days.

Diehards only.

Special teams is the biggest problem.
I can’t wait for the meltdowns when Dino is not fired this year, it’s delicious.

Coverage teams have been great, Returns have been pretty decent, too.

Punter kicks like he has no business being on the team. Couldn't they find a scholarship kid? Did they give the job to a walk on? And what about the rugby guy who kicked that awful kick a few weeks ago - or is that they we're using now?

Andre is no longer a giant, either. But really, the punter is a huge problem. Running teams have to be able to win the field position battle, but you can't do that with a punter who was averaging 26 yards on his first 3 kicks, and had a 10 yarder last week, too.
That’s the rumor.
Also this team is playing fairly well minus special teams
Dino is not perfect.
We don’t need to go down the path of FSU, USC, Tennessee with knee jerk coaching changes.
He gets us to a bowl he earns the year IMO.

As I said preseason, to some criticism, if we return to competitive this year, Dino keeps his job for 1 more year.

It's an awfully long climb from a 1 win season to a bowl game. And while that was always the goal, that was not the standard to keep his job, given the finances.

And if he doesn’t go to a bowl?! Regardless if it’s 3 wins, 4 wins, 5 wins. He should be gone right?
I think of $10 millions reason why they might not
5 wins with multiple close victors I think I can live with him staying
3 wins I believe gets him fired

Maybe but he was still awful
He had the same record seasons as Dino with a lesser bowl win. he just got unlucky that his bowl was his first season

Dino will not be our coach at the end of 2021 IF wildhack is a good AD.

Is the team not getting better since we benched Tommy and went to a running game?

I think of $10 millions reason why they might not
5 wins with multiple close victors I think I can live with him staying
3 wins I believe gets him fired

My over/under was 4.

He had the same record seasons as Dino with a lesser bowl win. he just got unlucky that his bowl was his first season
Shafers last two season felt different then Dinos first two with basically the same players
Dino is a much better coach

Im only interested if he brings his OL coach. Dirk Malone or whatever his name is.

We were down 2 starters just today, and lost another one already this season, Davis.

Shafers last two season felt different then Dinos first two with basically the same players
Ill agree to disagree. I felt like we had a chance going into the second half of every game more back then with him then i do with DB

Ill agree to disagree. I felt like we had a chance going into the second half of every game more back then with him then i do with DB
I might have blanked out his seasons already and you might be right, really don’t want to rewatch or look it up lol.

Well Shafer out coached him when he brought MTSU to the dome.

Is the team not getting better since we benched Tommy and went to a running game?
This team is 0 and 2 after the QB switch and will finish 3-9 or 4-8. It’s over. Time to cut the cord. And I’m a season ticket holder driving from the southern tier every weekend.

This team is 0 and 2 after the QB switch and will finish 3-9 or 4-8. It’s over. Time to cut the cord. And I’m a season ticket holder driving from the southern tier every weekend.

And a team that could score only 7 points against Rutgers has been over 30 the last 2 games. Our defense is pretty good; that was a ranked team we took to overtime, and the Florida State team who people downplayed as winless beat a North Carolina team this week that was pre-season Top 25.

I can't see us beating Clemson or NC State. Virginia Tech away looks like a long shot. But we have both BC and Pitt at home. Louisville is beatable, and we have BC and Pitt at home.

If we can get just a little luckier, I could see us winning 5, maybe 6 games.

And a team that could score only 7 points against Rutgers has been over 30 the last 2 games. Our defense is pretty good; that was a ranked team we took to overtime, and the Florida State team who people downplayed as winless beat a North Carolina team this week that was pre-season Top 25.

I can't see us beating Clemson or NC State. Virginia Tech away looks like a long shot. Louisville is beatable, and we have BC and Pitt at home.

If we can get just a little luckier, I could see us winning 5, maybe 6 games.

It’s at least nice to see the fall foliage.

Babers is good at motivating his players and getting them to play hard.
He's a disaster at game management. Consistently disorganized on the sideline. Frequent confusion timeouts because they don't know what play to run or which personnel are in/out. Never changes.
Ridiculous decision to go for 2 pt conversion in 3rd Q when leading. You can't play the immediate situation that early because the scoring will change. If he just kicked the extra point in Q3, the TD with 23 seconds left wins the game. Confusion if he should go for 2 at end resulting in delay of game is inexcusable. So many coaching blunders. That cost this game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom