Dino Babers is.. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers is..

I will be writing my email to John tomorrow when I can process all the blunders that he has made. This coach is not the answer to lead our football team. The COVID issues with the team hurt us as well. It’s time.

I suggest you all jump on board if we want any change to happen.

VTech
BC
Louisville
Pittsburgh
All winable

This is strange logic and it’s trumpeted here a lot. We aren’t a favorite in any of those games. At best they’re coin flips. Now I’m no mathematician but….

It doesn’t matter though. He wins just one more and he’s back for sure. 3-9 he probably survives anyway.

Babers road the flukiest season in history and a misappropriated system to financial glory. Good for him though. Many many others have made more being worse.

6-6
I’ll take my chances when we can run for 300

Milked every drop he could from those. That’s likely not the norm and every team we play here on out will have better athletes than wake did.

Like you though, I certainly admire the effort.

This is strange logic and it’s trumpeted here a lot. We aren’t a favorite in any of those games. At best they’re coin flips. Now I’m no mathematician but….

Two points - that was just the best team in the ACC this year.

Game before was against the 2nd most talented roster in the ACC.

Both went right down to the wire - with a new starting QB and a new playing style on offense.

After Clemson next week, and maybe NC State, those are all the toughest teams we have left.

We could win any of the rest. Or lose them. But I think we'll get at least a couple more wins.

The team is clearly trending better.

It doesn’t matter though. He wins just one more and he’s back for sure. 3-9 he probably survives anyway.

Babers road the flukiest season in history and a misappropriated system to financial glory. Good for him though. Many many others have made more being worse.
Me saying these are winnable is wrong because we are not going to be favored in them?
Winnable means just that
I’m not running around saying we WILL win these
It’s crazy how many people keep assuming I mean more then that…geez

Milked every drop he could from those. That’s likely not the norm and every team we play here on out will have better athletes than wake did.

Like you though, I certainly admire the effort.

Wake has a lot better talent then you give them credit for

I’m not saying I agree with this, but it’s a weird argument when you consider that without Dino we may not even be in this game. The coach owns all of it. So yeah he jacked up some things but he also helped get us there. Not defending him blindly but the argument could easily be made that he put us in the position to Jack this up which is better than getting his rolled.

And I’m a season ticket holder driving from the southern tier every weekend.

While your spirit is admirable (not really, I’m being disingenuous), unless you can round out that statement with “who also is a billionaire scrap metal mogul ready to write a super fat check”, you’re email and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee at Cumberland Farms (do they have those in the southern tier even).

Last edited:
Reactions: FAL

Not relative to those other teams. I do think they are well-coaches though and that can make up for some deficits.

Yeah, Wake returned 20 starters from last year.

Let that sink in for a minute, and then think about how many freshman and sophomores we continue to rely on. Hell, our sophomores are some of our leaders.

Me saying these are winnable is wrong because we are not going to be favored in them?
Winnable means just that
I’m not running around saying we WILL win these
It’s crazy how many people keep assuming I mean more then that…geez

You stated that in the context of winning six games. Like it is a fait accompli. Others have as well. Really, it’s just as likely we only win one more or none.

Yeah, Wake returned 20 starters from last year.

Let that sink in for a minute, and then think about how many freshman and sophomores we continue to rely on. Hell, our sophomores are some of our leaders.

What’s your point. I’m saying it’s highly unlikely we get to 6. I’m saying we have a talent deficient. You just said the same thing. Next season, of course, can be different/better.

You stated that in the context of winning six games. Like it is a fait accompli. Others have as well. Really, it’s just as likely we only win one more or none.
No it isn't "just as likely."

What’s your point. I’m saying it’s highly unlikely we get to 6. I’m saying we have a talent deficient. You just said the same thing. Next season, of course, can be different/better.

Losing to a very experienced team doesn't mean that our younger guys don't have talent.

They're just young. Players do get better.

They're 2 different things.

We beat a borderline Top 25 team, we lost to one in OT, and we just played Fla. State to within a hideously bad call of beating them in Tallahassee, which we have never done in our history.

How can you say we lack talent?

We just had 2 sophomores combine for over 300 yards rushing against the best team in the ACC this year.

Our defense is Top 10-20 in the country.

We have a terrific FG kicker, excellent coverage teams, and we haven't been turning the ball over on offense or taking unnecessary sacks.

And a team that could score only 7 points against Rutgers has been over 30 the last 2 games. Our defense is pretty good; that was a ranked team we took to overtime, and the Florida State team who people downplayed as winless beat a North Carolina team this week that was pre-season Top 25.

I can't see us beating Clemson or NC State. Virginia Tech away looks like a long shot. But we have both BC and Pitt at home. Louisville is beatable, and we have BC and Pitt at home.

If we can get just a little luckier, I could see us winning 5, maybe 6 games.
Not with Dino as coach, he seems to thrive on at least 1 or 2 bonehead plays a week.

Not with Dino as coach, he seems to thrive on at least 1 or 2 bonehead plays a week.

He made about 9 of them today, and we still nearly won.

Dino is a terrible game manager.
I hope we get to a bowl this year.
If we don’t get to a bowl if Wildhack retains Dino I won’t keep my season tickets.
Wildhack will have told me what he thinks of his customers.
so I hope we get to 6 wins so that the point becomes moot.
With that said Dino will screw up game management and hurt his kids which sucksz

huh?

We were 12th in the country in total defense coming into this game.

And Szymt, despite blowing the last couple games, is still our all-time leading maker of FGs, has a career mark of over 82% (NCAA record is a touch over 90%), and has made 141-144 extra points in his career.

SU will have two to three losses a season due directly to Dino's coaching ability. It has been that way since he was hired. We all know that he has major flaws as a head coach, but would be a pretty good assistant coach. He looks totally lost on the sideline compared to how Clawson looked. Same season, different year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom