Dino Babers is.. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers is..

Oh no it really wasn’t. Just yikes with that nonsense.
What a short memory you must have.
Dino gets us to 6.
He made the hard choices this season to move the offense to where we needed to be.
Start of the season if someone said we where 3-3 at this point I would have been totally fine with it.
I agree. Short of a total O-fer collapse for the rest of the season, he comes back. We are better…but his in-game decision making still sucks.

is it really knee jerk though? Its not like we give him 2-3 years then pulled the plug
I think it is
We had a fullback playing guard last year
He’s made some very hard choices the last couple of years and honestly that 10 win season at a school like ours buys you some time
Clearly I want the best for SU and I want to see how the season plays out but I think Dino earns 2022

Why accept such incompetence? In year SIX?! To get to 6? I'll take no bowl (already the case, most likely) if it means putting the program under competent leadership. In all likelihood, he would have been terminated long ago if not for one special player.

Most of this was clear in 2019, unfortunately. I think Dino's a great guy, but he doesn't have the chops for P5 football. Neither did Shafer. It happens.
To me it comes down to if we're trending up from 2019. I throw 2020 out. Don't feel great about it, but if I do, at least I can ask myself if we're better than we were in 2019.

The easiest way to say we're better is to improve the record. Getting to 6 wins does that, and conveniently also puts us in a bowl. Need to go .500 the rest of the way.

If we don't get there, it gets dicey. Then we need to find some other way to measure if we're improved. Eye test wise... I think we are better. But if Dino is going to continue shooting himself in the foot, I don't know if it matters.

I think it is
We had a fullback playing guard last year
He’s made some very hard choices the last couple of years and honestly that 10 win season at a school like ours buys you some time
Clearly I want the best for SU and I want to see how the season plays out but I think Dino earns 2022
So if we go 4-8 or 5-7 do you keep him next year?

If we go 5-7 I will be stunned.
Dino is an empty headset and we either cut the cord quickly or die in the vine with him
Dude can’t recruit, can’t call plays (or hire people who can), can’t manage the clock. All he can to is give good motivational speeches and apparently gaslight people into believing he isn’t absolutely awful at coaching

he lost me today. I have no problem saying that. He absolutely is not only not the answer but a big part of the problem

If we play like this the rest of the way and hit 5-7 yea he stays
4-8 I’m going to really think on it and see what his plan is to get us over the hump to constantly good

I think this video breaks down my feelings on cuse football … dino is the mother and we all are the child lol… now I will go and cry :vomit:

i will say people (fans at least) weren't walking out of the stadium 4th quarter.

How exactly do we get to 6 wins now.
I really thought we would win today, and Friday. But the bonehead play of the year gave them 4 extra points and cost us the game.
We were up 21-10, and stopped them, set up a 4th and 13. Let them kick a 48 yard field goal. Instead a holding call on Wake which should have been declined. Dino accepts which led to a touchdown. 21-17 at half. If he made them kick the field goal, we would have had time to score a field goal or touchdown, and gotten the ball the second half.
What scares me is in the post game interview, he said he would do it again.
That is bad percentage, and shows he isn't the coach for us.

...guilty of coaching malpractice.

Does he put his team in the best position to win? Do his decisions put him team in the best position to win?

Is he good at any of the following:
Game management?
Time/clock management?
Xs and Os?
In-game adjustments?

Seems like a really good guy, but not a good HC. These kids, and Syracuse fans, deserve better.

lotta folks here want to extend him before the contract is up. i say throw us a friggin' bone dino. something ?

...guilty of coaching malpractice.

Does he put his team in the best position to win? Do his decisions put him team in the best position to win?

Is he good at any of the following:
Game management?
Time/clock management?
Xs and Os?
In-game adjustments?

Seems like a really good guy, but not a good HC. These kids, and Syracuse fans, deserve better.
Changed QB'S. 67 points in the last 8 quarters. Maybe it's the defense?

VTech
BC
Louisville
Pittsburgh
All winable
Doubtful...all very loseable games too. None are very good matchups IMO. Likely 0-3 after Clemson. Winless ACC team vs these teams? 2-2 at best. Likely not 2-2 either. Team is improved with QB and Tucker, but I see a long season in ACC

Chestnut is very aggressive and gets burned sometimes. I’m okay with it because he’s going to be very special.
Very good CB. NFL caliber. I thought Perry vs Chestnut was great matchup. Two guys who play on Sunday.

Dino doesnt even get to this point without Shafer recruiting the core of his team. Hell if dungey didnt get hurt frosh year Shafer may not have been fired.
Maybe but he was still awful

Special teams is the biggest problem.
I can’t wait for the meltdowns when Dino is not fired this year, it’s delicious.

Coverage teams have been great, Returns have been pretty decent, too.

Punter kicks like he has no business being on the team. Couldn't they find a scholarship kid? Did they give the job to a walk on? And what about the rugby guy who kicked that awful kick a few weeks ago - or is that they we're using now?

Andre is no longer a giant, either. But really, the punter is a huge problem. Running teams have to be able to win the field position battle, but you can't do that with a punter who was averaging 26 yards on his first 3 kicks, and had a 10 yarder last week, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom