Dino Babers thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

It does sound like it'll be a 5 year deal so this definitely is going to be an impact hire, good or bad that we will have to live with.
The only guy that makes sense is Babers. He is 54 and a 5-year deal gets him to 59 enhancing our ability to keep him until he retires. He might trade for $2 - $2.5 million with solid terms.

With Maryland and Mizzouz in the game, they would probably have to go with someone else for us to be able to get him.

Any way we get this guy and Floyd in the same room? Might hit it off. If he's s big Barry Sanders fan he's a history guy.

Have we interviewed this lad Dino Babers? Maybe announcement comes after his game on Friday?
If you believe what he has said, he was not interviewing until after the MAC Championship game. I have to believe we have gauged interest with his agent. Perhaps, Tuesday would be the day we would know.

babers works just fine if SU is really willing to commit to that offense. this is what we're going to do and we'll have people on his staff ready to take over, or we'll hire someone from baylor that does the same thing.

if it's hard for us to find coaches, we should run the offense that tons of teams runs successfully so that we'll have lots of assistants to choose from whose coaches aren't going anywhere.

a lot of guys know briles offense and no one not named briles is taking that over anytime soon.

more upside to that offense, the megafactories will continue to want to be prostyle defense all around meathead so those jobs won't be open to this crowd.

Any way we get this guy and Floyd in the same room? Might hit it off. If he's s big Barry Sanders fan he's a history guy.

How about with this guy?
upload_2015-12-2_9-36-38.jpeg

Jim Brown: Nobody leaves this room until you sign on the dotted line
Dino: Yes, sir

babers works just fine if SU is really willing to commit to that offense. this is what we're going to do and we'll have people on his staff ready to take over, or we'll hire someone from baylor that does the same thing.

if it's hard for us to find coaches, we should run the offense that tons of teams runs successfully so that we'll have lots of assistants to choose from whose coaches aren't going anywhere.

a lot of guys know briles offense and no one not named briles is taking that over anytime soon.

more upside to that offense, the megafactories will continue to want to be prostyle defense all around meathead so those jobs won't be open to this crowd.

Have you broke down his offensive playcalls 1st, 2nd, 3rd down wise and score of the game during those? I find your stats fascinating and is Babers really a Briles clone or just from his tree? I enjoy watching Baylor play offense but I'm not so sure Babers is as close to what Briles does as many think. I may be wrong of course which I often am but just thought facts instead of assumptions might help parse this down a little more.

Have you broke down his offensive playcalls 1st, 2nd, 3rd down wise and score of the game during those? I find your stats fascinating and is Babers really a Briles clone or just from his tree? I enjoy watching Baylor play offense but I'm not so sure Babers is as close to what Briles does as many think. I may be wrong of course which I often am but just thought facts instead of assumptions might help parse this down a little more.
i watched bowling green once and made fun of their fat qb the whole time.

babers throws a lot more, which works for me considering we have the dome.

i'm curious what he did at eastern illinois. his final year there they scored a ton with a balanced offense. so he's done it at two places. he did have an nfl qb in FCS though (garrapolo)

http://www.eiupanthers.com/custompages/football/2013/TEAMCUME.HTM

if there are still stupid schools that don't want to hire a black coach, we might benefit from that.

i watched bowling green once and made fun of their fat qb the whole time.

babers throws a lot more, which works for me considering we have the dome.

i'm curious what he did at eastern illinois. his final year there they scored a ton with a balanced offense. so he's done it at two places. he did have an nfl qb in FCS though (garrapolo)

http://www.eiupanthers.com/custompages/football/2013/TEAMCUME.HTM

if there are still stupid schools that don't want to hire a black coach, we might benefit from that.

I think I read that the people at Eastern Illinois said he'd have to find a QB when he got there - and he watched Garrapolo throw once and said "nope, we have our guy"...

I do love an offense that can run and pass. Did he bring his OC from Eastern Illinois to BG and does Babers call his own plays? I want a guy that can set up everything to the way he wants it and knows how to execute that.

Crusty said:
If the past is any guide we will get a bargain basement staff. If they are bad, they will stick around 4 years and if they are good they will get hired away. We are simply going to spend an extra million or so from our Big East level budget while the league median goes up as much, leaving us in the same pathetic bottom dwelling position, hoping for results. If I am wrong great, but until I am, I won't believe Lucy won't pull the football away again. Arrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!.

There isn't a single data point from the Syverud/Coyle leadership team that allows for any opinion on coach/staff salaries. The closest data point we have is the rumored $1.8-$2.0m to Frost. If true, keep in mind our last 3 HC hires were first time HCs too and they got $1.2m, $1.2m and $1.1m. Frost, was 50% to 67% higher. So I say what ever evidence we have is the opposite of your take.

I do love an offense that can run and pass. Did he bring his OC from Eastern Illinois to BG and does Babers call his own plays? I want a guy that can set up everything to the way he wants it and knows how to execute that.
he brought sterlin gilbert and matt maddox with him but they both left after a year to go work for montgomery at tulsa. (money?)

babers didn't miss a beat. another feather in his cap

In the south it can be more complicated than that and it's affected other potential coaching hires recently.

dino-Susan-Babers1-450x4502.jpg

he brought sterlin gilbert and matt maddox with him but they both left after a year to go work for montgomery at tulsa. (money?)

babers didn't miss a beat. another feather in his cap

Very good. Could be money, go back home or possibly personalities clashed...who knows and a combo of XYZ as well. Still, it's good to see he kept it going.

This guy excites me a lot more than Ash does. Garoppolo threw for over 5000 yards and over 50 touchdowns his last year with him. Who else is interested? Maryland and Mizzu?

We need to chill on Babers. I like him too, but so does Maryland, Virginia and Mizzou. Assuming Richt goes to Miami, we are going to be in a bidding war with those other three schools. Syracuse is going to bring a knife to that gun fight. No sense getting overly optimistic.

Prediction: Maryland - $2.75M per - 5 years guaranteed.

This guy excites me a lot more than Ash does. Garoppolo threw for over 5000 yards and over 50 touchdowns his last year with him. Who else is interested? Maryland and Mizzu?

I think Maryland will go after a bigger name. I would be concerned with Mizzu but I thought they would hire within and would be announced today. I thought I read that some place.

Not sure how anyone can watch the vidoes of Baldwin and not get more excited, guy is an absolute leader.

I'm guessing most people still just have blown off doing any research on him because Babs is the bigger name.

We need to chill on Babers. I like him too, but so does Maryland, Virginia and Mizzou. Assuming Richt goes to Miami, we are going to be in a bidding war with those other three schools. Syracuse is going to bring a knife to that gun fight. No sense getting overly optimistic.

Prediction: Maryland - $2.75M per - 5 years guaranteed.
I'm not getting too wound up over Babers or any specific candidate at this point. I'm going to trust that Coyle and Syverud have SU's best interests in mind and will make decisions accordingly. I also believe that they want to succeed in football, so this does not mean getting the cheapest option. The trick is finding the best option for near term success and subsequently sustaining that success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom