Dino Babers thread... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers thread...

Which means he won't be here. His compatriot, Matt Campbell, who was making $500K at Toledo, received $2M/yr to start from Iowa St. You can bet Babers will expect something similar.
Campbell made a comment that fan support was one of the big reasons he took that job. Could just be trying to make a good first impression with the fan base but they do have a great following for a middling Big12 program. A local radio guy said they averaged around 65k for football this year and average around 10k for mens and women's basketball games. Don't know how much that influences pay for a head coach but it's got to account for some of it.

I have a feeling Maryland will go hard after him. They saw firsthand how good he is (48-27 thrashing).

I don't know if that system will play as well in the B1G so maybe he will take that into consideration.

I have a feeling Maryland will go hard after him. They saw firsthand how good he is (48-27 thrashing).

I don't know if that system will play as well in the B1G so maybe he will take that into consideration.
I agree that Maryland is the key.

mountaincuse said:
Offer him 2.25 and call it a day.

In the meantime ask him in the down low if any of our assistants (ahem acosta) fit someone he would keep on staff and name him interim so we can keep recruiting this week.

Yes

Crusty said:
Our administration is too cheap to win a bidding contest. They will only hire someone nobody else is after.

Man it sounds like it But Babers is worth chasing I think.

Our administration is too cheap to win a bidding contest. They will only hire someone nobody else is after.

Come off the ledge my friend, SU will get a good HC and staff.

Oswego93 said:
I neither want to feel Dino's breath on my cheek, nor his body close to me. :oops:

(but I would like him to come here to coach).

But if that's what it took to get your guy what then O93 what then ;-D

I want Dino so bad, look at this video... This is the type of guy I want leading our young men.
Meh... Ok at the presser, but, I'd rather have a Belichik than a Rex. Winner on the field and not in the press room. FWIW, I'm more than fine with Babers.

And, if I had to listen to those Thayer Auto Ads everyday, I'd smash my tv.

Ok, I'm all in with Babers. He would be great with some of the SU journos.

Crusty...did you make this post based on the original rumor that we offered Frost $1.2? After the correct $1.8-2.0 offer was leaked (remember this offer was for an OC with zero HC experience) I think we have the capacity to make a very competitive offer to Babers.

Babers did say establish the run and win the turnover battle so to be honest that sounds very familiar. If Shafer says that people get a tad bit angry.

You and the Mrs. need a vacation... somewhere without Internet access. :)

Come off the ledge my friend, SU will get a good HC and staff.

If the past is any guide we will get a bargain basement staff. If they are bad, they will stick around 4 years and if they are good they will get hired away. We are simply going to spend an extra million or so from our Big East level budget while the league median goes up as much, leaving us in the same pathetic bottom dwelling position, hoping for results.

If I am wrong great, but until I am, I won't believe Lucy won't pull the football away again.
Arrrggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!.

It does sound like it'll be a 5 year deal so this definitely is going to be an impact hire, good or bad that we will have to live with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom