Dino BBQ | Syracusefan.com

Dino BBQ

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
MMMMMM.....

But its hotter than blazes in here. When did I move to Florida?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Are you in the new Newark Dino? I understand it is very popular with Rutgers fan(s). That might be the reason it bears some resemblance to that place down below.

I'm about to go to Dino in NYC tonight. Can't wait for the Stamford, CT one to open later this year since I live there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you in the new Newark Dino? I understand it is very popular with Rutgers fan(s). That might be the reason it bears some resemblance to that place down below.

Would you say that Rutgers delivers the Newark market?

To me Dino has lost its greatness and has become forgettable.. :-(. Not what I remember from when it first opened... I knew it will always be a land mark in Syracuse and I hope it will always stay that way.. I have become a fan of limp lizard.

To me Dino has lost its greatness and has become forgettable.. :-(. Not what I remember from when it first opened... I knew it will always be a land mark in Syracuse and I hope it will always stay that way.. I have become a fan of limp lizard.
Seems to me that Dino is still generally good, but has lost consistency. 3 out of 4 times it's like it always was and one time it's so so. I had a friend visit from out of town and he had heard of it and wanted to go and after waiting an hour and a half to get a seat we ended up having one of those so so meals. His analysis was he's had better and it's not worth the wait. Limp Lizard is a decent alternative. It reminds me of Dino when it first opened.

Seems to me that Dino is still generally good, but has lost consistency. 3 out of 4 times it's like it always was and one time it's so so. I had a friend visit from out of town and he had heard of it and wanted to go and after waiting an hour and a half to get a seat we ended up having one of those so so meals. His analysis was he's had better and it's not worth the wait. Limp Lizard is a decent alternative. It reminds me of Dino when it first opened.
yep theyve gotten corporate in style and quantity now. Lost it's magic and mojo. The BBQ place in Camillus is awesome.

Dino has jumped the shark. Limp Lizard is just as good without the hassle.

yep theyve gotten corporate in style and quantity now. Lost it's magic and mojo. The BBQ place in Camillus is awesome.
I waited an hour and a half for my table and the food was not even better than Dallas BBQ, so I agree, the food is no longer what it used to be. I said to myself, this was not worth the wait as I was going out.

I'm about to go to Dino in NYC tonight. Can't wait for the Stamford, CT one to open later this year since I live there.

Ditto. If they'd just move the Carrier Dome to Stamford, I'd never leave. I don't think the CNY fans would appreciate that too much though.

Went to Oklahoma Joe's in Kansas City a couple of weeks ago passing through town...dynamite and worth the wait!

When is the Stamford one supposed to open? We CT folks should have a party there.

When is the Stamford one supposed to open? We CT folks should have a party there.

September I think. I know that the Newark one had a pre-opening event for area SU alumni. I hope Stamford does something similar. We could definitely have a cool meet-and-greet.

Ditto. If they'd just move the Carrier Dome to Stamford, I'd never leave. I don't think the CNY fans would appreciate that too much though.
Why, is Stamford farther than Met Life?

IMO Limp Lizard is garbage (at least the one in Liverpool). Food has been terrible each time we have been there, and the service was close behind.

Dino may have lost it's luster, but is still miles better than LL.

IMO Limp Lizard is garbage (at least the one in Liverpool). Food has been terrible each time we have been there, and the service was close behind.

Dino may have lost it's luster, but is still miles better than LL.

Same experience here. Limp Lizard wasn't just mediocre, it was truly awful. Like, frozen reheated slop in a trough awful.

Seems to me that Dino is still generally good, but has lost consistency. 3 out of 4 times it's like it always was and one time it's so so. I had a friend visit from out of town and he had heard of it and wanted to go and after waiting an hour and a half to get a seat we ended up having one of those so so meals. His analysis was he's had better and it's not worth the wait. Limp Lizard is a decent alternative.

Agreed. I believe Limp Lizard is either as good or slightly better than Dino at this point. Not because Limp Lizard is great, but more because Dino has really declined in quality in recent years. I actually think the best BBQ in CNY can be had at a fairly new place: Hammi's on New Court Ave. That's where I've been going when I'm in Syracuse, and I actually think they're the best by a fairly wide margin. Everybody's tastes are different though!

Agreed. I believe Limp Lizard is either as good or slightly better than Dino at this point. Not because Limp Lizard is great, but more because Dino has really declined in quality in recent years. I actually think the best BBQ in CNY can be had at a fairly new place: Hammi's on New Court Ave. That's where I've been going when I'm in Syracuse, and I actually think they're the best by a fairly wide margin. Everybody's tastes are different though!

Hammi's is quite good. I don't get to Dino very often and have been fortunate not to have the bad experiences that so many have spoken of (so their ribs are still the CNY gold standard as far as I'm concerned), but Hammi's does some things really well.

I think Dinosaur is still great. It's become fashionable to bash them though. As soon as Limp Lizard gains more fans, they will be bashed too.

Went to Dino in NYC on Saturday, could not have had a better meal. The salt potatoes were perfectly cooked.

Limp Lizard has too much sauce and not enough rub. Very pedestrian, IMO.

MMMMMM.....

But its hotter than blazes in here. When did I move to Florida?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Just announced that Dino BBQ is opening a new restaurant in downtown Buffalo. Should open some time in 2013.

sorry for the redundant post. Saw zibby's after I hit the post button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom