Dino creates doubt | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino creates doubt

Dino spent the Bye Week recruiting.

He was back in Syracuse the week before the Louisville game.
Dino would've impressed me more if he was recruiting in Georgia or Florida. Not in Arizona and California. Which is exactly where his family lives; what a remarkable coincidence.

Dino would've impressed me more if he was recruiting in Georgia or Florida. Not in Arizona and California. Which is exactly where his family lives; what a remarkable coincidence.
Mailing it in. Im actually surprised he wasn't in Hawaii looking at a punter

Mailing it in. Im actually surprised he wasn't in Hawaii looking at a punter

We are recruiting a couple QBs in California. Daniels and Tucker, although we offered Tucker as an athlete. If you’re going to go all the way to Cali to visit a recruit you might as well do it during a bye week. Not everything is a conspiracy.

We are recruiting a couple QBs in California. Daniels and Tucker, although we offered Tucker as an athlete. If you’re going to go all the way to Cali to visit a recruit you might as well do it during a bye week. Not everything is a conspiracy.
I give you that. And visiting a legacy DT, even if he doesn't have a current offer, was a nice touch. But, in hindsight, maybe spending more time on actually winning an upcoming game against Louisville may have been the more prudent use of time. Than visiting qb recruits that would, at best, slot in behind Shrader, Morgan, and Lamson for next year.

Bees. What is your take on Dino? Do you want him retained if he goes 5-7?

Bees. What is your take on Dino? Do you want him retained if he goes 5-7?
Bird Popcorn GIF

The past is often a great look into the future. Dino most likely isnt going to magically become a great coach or program builder.
He made his bones continually changing teams, winning with other coaches players and an offensive scheme that worked for a year or two because it was new.
Once opposing teams had a chance to play against and scheme against his O didn't work anymore. Its like a decent pitcher. First few times a batter faces a new guy the pitcher usually wins. Next time they face each other not so much.
Dino has had to change both his core D and O schemes because he couldn't recruit for them and because opposing teams had him figured out.
He is a good guy, and a lousy coach. His ceiling is very low. Hes not the answer regardless of how much time he is provided.
That is a totally different post than the one I responded to. I wasn't debating whether Dino is a good coach. Just that at this time, I don't see anyone else giving him a job even after a couple of good years. Good years that he hasn't had yet.

I give you that. And visiting a legacy DT, even if he doesn't have a current offer, was a nice touch. But, in hindsight, maybe spending more time on actually winning an upcoming game against Louisville may have been the more prudent use of time. Than visiting qb recruits that would, at best, slot in behind Shrader, Morgan, and Lamson for next year.

There is limited time to travel and recruit in season. You have to do both. All coaches hit the road when they can. Im sure we were giving kids a few days off anyways except for probably lifting.

That is a totally different post than the one I responded to. I wasn't debating whether Dino is a good coach. Just that at this time, I don't see anyone else giving him a job even after a couple of good years. Good years that he hasn't had yet.
Understood. I dont either. Im not even sure who would hire him as an assistant.
I do think hed be great on ESPN

Yes
Take the reality of the buyout out of the equation. Would you still want him retained?

I think most reasonable people realize SU is highly unlikely to pony up to buy him out.

Take the reality of the buyout out of the equation. Would you still want him retained?

I think most reasonable people realize SU is highly unlikely to pony up to buy him out.

Yes I’d give him next year.

I didn’t say I knew anything. I said highly unlikely, which it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom