Dion being dealt | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dion being dealt

Shark58 said:
Breaking News: Oklahoma City is sending a protected future first-round pick to the New York Knicks, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Knicks would have about $27m in cap space next year.

Knicks would have about $27m in cap space next year.

and Phil will somehow screw it up trying to get players to shoehorn into his system

i_love_being_crappy_sticker-r1c7b6d3fcd534975840ee85ece3162db_v9w05_8byvr_324.jpg

Great deal for Dion, going to one of the best organizations in the league. Gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

Knicks get rid of JR, a veritable cancer with a $7mil player option next season. Shump is pretty awful and easily replaced. Lots of cap room cleared for NYK.

If NYK had gotten Jackson, this would've been a fleecing. As is, still a good deal.

If Jackson is staying, I don't see how this is a definitely good move for Dion. He's not guaranteed to be starting and he'll also have to worry about Morrow, who is a much better catch and shoot guy. He still needs to commit to be a better defender.

If Jackson is staying, I don't see how this is a definitely good move for Dion. He's not guaranteed to be starting and he'll also have to worry about Morrow, who is a much better catch and shoot guy. He still needs to commit to be a better defender.
Jackson will eventually be moved. OKC has no plans on giving him an extension and are probably holding out for a better deal eventually. Don't worry, the Russy and Dion show will be in full effect soon and I can't wait to see it.
ashley_schaeffer_square.jpg

Thank God, Goodbye, Good Riddance JR Smith.

Not the happiest about getting rid of Iman Shumpert, wanted to keep with young future core of Tim Hardaway, Shane Larkin, Cleanthony Early, and Cole Adlrich.

But do like getting Reggie Jackson though.
3 out of 4 isn't bad, but Cole Aldrich blows.

Wow, Thunder really buying low on Dion. Nice move.

Preseason, if the Cavs tell Lebron his team is Irving, Shumpert, Love, Thompson, Matrix and JR Smith, you think he wants that crew?

Works for Dion. With Kyrie, LeBron and Love there are no shots to be had in Cleveland for Dion. Glad to see him get out. Terrible trade for Cavs. JR Smith is a total knucklehead and is not a winning player. Shumpert is a classic tweener and has no position. He can't shoot well enough to play 2G and he's under-sized as a 3.

Preseason, if the Cavs tell Lebron his team is Irving, Shumpert, Love, Thompson, Matrix and JR Smith, you think he wants that crew?
Nfw

Iman Shumpert is going to the Cavs, too. They needed defense and they just got it.
And the Knicks just really needed the shelf cleaned off and wiped down.

No, but I'd bet LeBron signed off on this, which would mean he fell outta love with his boy Dion after working with him for only 2 months.

I think Cleveland is a train wreck and that team won't win until they get rid of Irving. I've never been a fan of teams with shoot first point guards and now that Dion is gone I hope they tank.
This is the nail in the Cavs coffin for this year. Not that Dion was the guy going to get it done, but adding JR to this toxic brew is not good for the Cavs.

DOES EVERYBODY REALIZE JOHNNY FOOTBALL AND JR SHUMPERT ARE NOW GOING TO BE LIVING IN THE SAME CITY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This is the nail in the Cavs coffin for this year. Not that Dion was the guy going to get it done, but adding JR to this toxic brew is not good for the Cavs.
I'm going to laugh if the Cavs shut down Lebron.

Look, it's in play. Let's not pretend it's not.

What if the Cavs did that and top 3 picks in the draft went Cleveland-NY-Philly? Bill Simmons would have to be physically removed from the Draft after trying to strangle Silver.

What if the Cavs did that and top 3 picks in the draft went Cleveland-NY-Philly? Bill Simmons would have to be physically removed from the Draft after trying to strangle Silver.
That would be awesome. What I think is more likely though, because we are talking about Cleveland, is that the Cavs shut James down only to have him and Love opt of their contracts, leaving them with Irving, an injured Sideshow Bob, and JR Smith DEFINITELY picking up his player option.

No, but I'd bet LeBron signed off on this, which would mean he fell outta love with his boy Dion after working with him for only 2 months.

But he signed on for JR? Scary for Dion when a team would rather have JR Smith. The Thunder's locker room should be very interesting. :rolleyes: