Dion Waiters one of the top 10 sixth men in America

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
i

Who do you like better?

Jason King...ESPN

Dion waiters one of the top ten Players in the country*

Got to proofread next time man...

Dion Waiters one of the top 10 guards in the country is more accurate.

Some great quotes from Dion in that piece.

"I was one of the top 15 players in the country coming out of high school," said Waiters, a sophomore. "I expected to start as soon as I got here."

Thought this quote was interesting. You forget what his perspective was on arrival here, makes it easier to understand how hard it might have been to accept the role given him last year....no matter who it was that was still here in front of him. Also, should help us better appreciate MCW accepting a similar role this year.

"To this day I can't understand why kids are so concerned about starting," Baylor coach Scott Drew said. "If you're still playing 30 minutes a game, why does it matter?"

Drew's comment seems kind of dumb. You can try to sell a kid that its more important to finish the game, but there is clearly some allure to hearing your name called in the pre game introductions.

This quote goes along way in telling you how he has matured.

"When I'm on the bench," Waiters said, "I'm just looking to see what kind of shots they're giving us and what kind of opportunities my teammates might not be taking advantage of. I'm a sponge when I'm on the bench. I'm soaking up everything so that when I get in there, I can find the holes and things like that."

It's not just the right thing to say. It's also a great weapon if you think about it. Being able to watch the game from the sidelines for a period of time can give you great insight into what you need to do to be successful out on the court...assuming you have the skills to exploit it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom