disappointed in marrone's thoughts in rahme's article today | Syracusefan.com

disappointed in marrone's thoughts in rahme's article today

Millhouse

Living Legend
Jumping out to an early lead is not a plan.

Has there ever been a game where the plan is to *not* get out to an early lead?

And if there was ever a game where balance wasn't important, this was it.

Groan.

Please note, this isn't a quarrel with Rahme. Not going for a 200 response thread here.

Have to agree. This and the "stuff" in his post-game interview about "we didn't make plays" blah, blah, blah, was just throw-away b.s.

the man is clearly a football genius. now I see what what OrangePA is talking about re: marrone's plan - "jump out to an early lead."

shhhhhh - not sure we want this nugget of brilliance getting out on the internet.

Marrone = the stephen hawking of college football.

Groan.

Please note, this isn't a quarrel with Rahme. Not going for a 200 response thread here.

Seriously, you're going to pick out that one line as the "reason of the day" to hate on Marrone? You're freaking unbelievable.

It was almost a throwaway line (although getting a lead does impact the game more when you play a running team like UConn as opposed to a passing team), but congrats on finding your reason to bash on Marrone today.

Pathetic.

Seriously, you're going to pick out that one line as the "reason of the day" to hate on Marrone? You're freaking unbelievable.

It was almost a throwaway line (although getting a lead does impact the game more when you play a running team like UConn as opposed to a passing team), but congrats on finding your reason to bash on Marrone today.

Pathetic.
I didn't just pick that one line. I also said that going for balance was a bad idea against UConn.

If that's a throwaway line, there's not much left in his plan for that game. Balance and rollouts to Provo?

and even if jumping out to an early lead matters more against a running team, that still doesn't make it a plan. either way you still want to score early just as much

Groan.

Where did it say getting a lead early was the be all/end all of "The Plan". There is even an "if" later on in the article about the two scenarios. Not a whole lot controversial about recognizing that Uconn had major problems playing catch up and it would limit their use of the ground game.

if your plan dont work you change it durring the game-thats what coach's get paid for

You take what the other team gives you. Going in, teams were passing for big yardage against them and they couldn't pass a lick. I'm exaggerating, but you get my point.

Where did it say getting a lead early was the be all/end all of "The Plan". There is even an "if" later on in the article about the two scenarios. Not a whole lot controversial about recognizing that Uconn had major problems playing catch up and it would limit their use of the ground game.
Again, if i thought it was the be all/end all of the plan, i wouldn't have mentioned their emphasis on balance.

Re-read the first post. You're smarter than this but you get too emotional.

What do you expect Marrone to say?
good thing about these monday columns is that he's pointing out qb play. that didn't used to happen. maybe there's hope for next year on offense

He wants him to give the opposition our play book and a scouting report and then beat them. like maybe we tried A,B,and C, and were unsuccessful! We can't do this and that so we will continue to do this.

Again, if i thought it was the be all/end all of the plan, i wouldn't have mentioned their emphasis on balance.

Re-read the first post. You're smarter than this but you get too emotional.

You do realize the reason why they wanted to run the ball early, right? It's right there.

You do realize the reason why they wanted to run the ball early, right? It's right there.
I understand the what they wanted to do. I'm not sure we had the ball enough in the first half to really establish any kind of flow on offense. Seems to me we had a lot of 3 and outs, primarily because we were setting up 3rd and longs and then over throwing wide open receivers.

Marrone knows his team isn't good right now. I'm sure he'd like to come out and drop explatives and go on a rant. He can't. He has to be a politician. And he can't talk badly about the players because it would make him look like a DBag. He might think that their coaching is lousy too. He won't say any of that. Will stay with coachspeak.

I understand the what they wanted to do. I'm not sure we had the ball enough in the first half to really establish any kind of flow on offense. Seems to me we had a lot of 3 and outs, primarily because we were setting up 3rd and longs and then over throwing wide open receivers.

Ding Ding Ding - someone watched the game. We are talking about a problem with execution in the 1st half not playcalling.

You must not have gotten the memo that it's sacrilegious to doubt Marrone.

Marrone knows his team isn't good right now .

Why aren't we good right now? We were pretty good just 2 weeks ago. Beat WVU, 5-2, ranked 28th. Now all of a sudden we aren't any good, have no talent, blah, blah, blah.

Why aren't we good right now? We were pretty good just 2 weeks ago. Beat WVU, 5-2, ranked 28th. Now all of a sudden we aren't any good, have no talent, blah, blah, blah.
That WVU win is beginning to look more like one of GRob's hero wins against Louisville. We aren't good. We are average.

From Rahme's article:

"He said the best way to keep the Wildcat out of the equation would be to jump ahead of UConn early, taking the run-based package out of the equation and forcing Johnny McEntee to the air."

What about that statement is untrue?

And regardless, it doesn't make "jumping out to an early lead" part of his plan.

Come on, Millhouse. You're better than straw man arguments, aren't you?

That WVU win is beginning to look more like one of GRob's hero wins against Louisville. We aren't good. We are average.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!! IF WERE AVERAGE NO ONE WOULD COMPLAIN. WE ARE NOT AVERAGE. He is 9-17 against BCS schools. that is failing. F.A.I.L.I.N.G. If marrone were in school he would have flunked out with an "F". He'd be going to summer school.

YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY!!!!! IF WERE AVERAGE NO ONE WOULD COMPLAIN. WE ARE NOT AVERAGE. He is 9-17 against BCS schools. that is failing. F.A.I.L.I.N.G. If marrone were in school he would have flunked out with an "F". He'd be going to summer school.

But we have good table manners and can tie a nice double windsor knot, that has to be good for at least a couple of wins

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom