Disgraceful | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Disgraceful

47-19 just looking at that is amazing.
It wasn’t just the offense or defense it was disgraceful as the OP said.

Poor coaching by Boeheim, yet again...

Honestly, do you think that if Jimmy was coaching these UVa kids, that he'd be 27-2? Heck no. Jimmy would never develop these kids over the years.

Yea, UVa shot lights out, but how many of their 3's were fairly wide open, or uncontested? Exactly... You don't see SU getting any easy looks from 3. Why is that!

You're telling me UVa has far superior athletes they're naturally gifted to lock-down all teams on defense every game, every year? No, it's coaching, adjustments, and repetition.

You're telling me SU couldn't play that same in-your-shorts M2M defense... at least when necessary?
No. Boeheim can't be bothered to actually make in-game, nor halftime adjustments anymore

Truly disgusting to watch this team... 13-6 at home, with practically all losses being fanny whippings of 10+ pts
Mind-boggling how this is considered a tourny team

Honestly, do you think that if Jimmy was coaching these UVa kids, that he'd be 27-2? Heck no. Jimmy would never develop these kids over the years.

Yea, UVa shot lights out, but how many of their 3's were fairly wide open, or uncontested? Exactly... You don't see SU getting any easy looks from 3. Why is that!

You're telling me UVa has far superior athletes they're naturally gifted to lock-down all teams on defense every game, every year? No, it's coaching, adjustments, and repetition.

You're telling me SU couldn't play that same in-your-shorts M2M defense... at least when necessary?
No. Boeheim can't be bothered to actually make in-game, nor halftime adjustments anymore

Truly disgusting to watch this team... 13-6 at home, with practically all losses being fanny whippings of 10+ pts
I don’t think JB has done a good job coaching our team with the lack of adjustments but here is where I disagree.
If you gave JB a team with the horses I think he is a great coach.
I have said for years if you gave JB the talent of Duke he would do better than K has done since he has gone the 1 and done route.
His offense would be led by NBA talent and he would get that talent to fit his zone.

You’re right, I could never see JB developing players to form a one-loss regular season team.

Worst half of SU basketball since the 2000 Michigan State Sweet 16 game.
What an all around beatdown.
That was a once every 5 or 10 years second half.

Last time actually was Louisville in the 2013 BE Tourney final.
A 13 point halftime lead turned into a 17 point loss in about 5 minutes...or so it seemed.

That was not a disgrace...just a half for the ages by the best coached team in the country.
Can write it off.
The real disgraces were the performances against Georgia Tech, ODU, UConn, Oregon and FSU & Va. Tech as well.

Jim has always relied on talent. Until he won it all the knock on Jim was that his teams underachieved. At this point i would say that his teams are playing at about the level they should possibly better based on our talent level.
Jim has always needed the horses and for most of his career he has had them. We simply dont have the elite talent anymore and most likely won't until he retires.

I hear ya. But should we celebrate and hang another banner if we make the Sweet 16? We’re better than that, I thought.

A Sweet 16 should be the minimum we strive for every year. Don't want to miss the tourney or get bounced in a round without a catchy label. Then, of course, we can adjust our expectations based on the regular season. Another Sweet 16 would be pretty good for this team. There were higher hopes to start the year, but it hasn't come to fruition.

This is one thing for sure I will agree with you here on. Hunter is the most athletic player on their team, neither Guy nor Jerome appear to be that much from an athletic standpoint. They're highly skilled, however, and that, along with their grit & mental toughness, are the winning ingredients for them.

That was a once every 5 or 10 years second half.

Last time actually was Louisville in the 2013 BE Tourney final.
A 13 point halftime lead turned into a 17 point loss in about 5 minutes...or so it seemed.

That was not a disgrace...just a half for the ages by the best coached team in the country.
Can write it off.
The real disgraces were the performances against Georgia Tech, ODU, UConn, Oregon and FSU & Va. Tech as well.

So true. I was at MSG for that final Big East Tournament. It was crazy, Southerland was going off from 3...until he picked up his 4th foul early in the 2nd half. After that TV T/O, it was as if literally a switch was flipped...ON for L'ville, and OFF for us. I hadn't really seen anything like it til that point. Talk about a seismic buzz kill...

Biggest issue on this team is that there is not much to develop.
Which is born out based on how well some transfers out of SU have done recently. Do we miss any of Kaleb, Moyer, Thompson? Chino even quit the sport. I think I'd like to have had BJ Johnson last season, but that's about it.

That would be an interesting exercise in swapping JB and Bennett over the past 4 seasons. How would the records change. Obviously not fair as Bennett wouldn't want half our guys nor would JB want half theirs, but it would be interesting. At this stage of their careers UVA coach and program > than SU coach and program.

I’m not trying to pick a fight but I can’t support the statement the game was disgraceful. That is an extremely ‘strong’ take and one that lacks perspective. These young men bust their asses and this is the sort of treatment they get? Why must we trash our team? Does anyone feel worse then the players or coaches? Friends...We are better than this. I love you all...but some of you need a good ole talking to from your momma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom