DL Steve Linton transferring from Texas Tech to Baylor | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

DL Steve Linton transferring from Texas Tech to Baylor

I know our board reaction is very day by day so when things like this happen - it stings.

However there is plenty of time to replace him and while I wish he were here, almost all of us would rather have the best player possible. If the staff brings in a more productive DL in his place, I'll take that trade every time.

Hopefully we can swing an upgrade here on a unit that needs it (even more so now)

Best of luck to Steve Linton wherever he goes!

I know our board reaction is very day by day so when things like this happen - it stings.

However there is plenty of time to replace him and while I wish he were here, almost all of us would rather have the best player possible. If the staff brings in a more productive DL in his place, I'll take that trade every time.

Hopefully we can swing an upgrade here on a unit that needs it (even more so now)

Best of luck to Steve Linton wherever he goes!
I’ll be pleasantly surprise if we upgrade. I’m sure we will get some visits from some former big recruits, but end up with some bodies that fit the profile but are a downgrade . I’ll wait to be pleasantly surprised.

Weight or not he’s a menace when he’s on the field. Didn’t matter that he didn’t weigh 25lbs more he was one of the only DL players that made big plays. I’ll take Steve. Any day of the week over some random guy that weighs 25lbs more and fits the profile. This is a huge loss for an already weak unit.

That‘s a big overreaction. It’s a loss, not a huge loss, and it’s not a weak unit. It was young and thinned out the second half of the year.

I’ll be pleasantly surprise if we upgrade. I’m sure we will get some visits from some former big recruits, but end up with some bodies that fit the profile but are a downgrade . I’ll wait to be pleasantly surprised.

whether we upgrade or not is truly TBD. I would think at worse, we're going to get a heavier body... but that doesn't mean better player. After watching the DL go up against NCST, Clemson, FSU, and ND -- it's clear, no matter what my wife says, that size matters

whether we upgrade or not is truly TBD. I would think at worse, we're going to get a heavier body... but that doesn't mean better player. After watching the DL go up against NCST, Clemson, FSU, and ND -- it's clear, no matter what my wife says, that size matters
It was Darton getting blown 10 yards off the ball in the middle of the line that was costing us. Not Linton. I don’t get how it’s ok to play 1 severely undersized guy over another undersized guy that actually makes plays.

It was Darton getting blown 10 yards off the ball in the middle of the line that was costing us. Not Linton. I don’t get how it’s ok to play 1 severely undersized guy over another undersized guy that actually makes plays.
Are you saying Darton took snaps away from Linton?

S&C needs some improvement but its way too casual to point out 1 single player out of 100 and use him to represent the work of an entire program. The staff turned a mediocre FCS D lineman into a 1st team all acc player. The DL unit was already the weakest going into the season. Losing their best interior DT along with 2 others for the season had a lot to do with downside as well. Linton was pretty physical at 217. Can you imagine how good he could be if he got to 240? That's on him. He told me straight up that he couldn't keep the weight on.
Agree. I was saying I think there are people in his orbit who think it’s the program and not the individual player. In his case, it’s obviously the player.

Kids high school coach has been hating on the program and in essence, staff, for a while now.

Mom and Dad probably had him in their ears all the time, and in turn, in his.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Louisville or a school in Florida make a play

There's a decent chance Linton is also leaving with his degree. If so, congrats to him. Regardless, best of luck, and I hope he succeeds at what's next (except if he ends up on a Cuse 2023 opponent, in which case, I wish him no luck on that specific date.)

Kids high school coach has been hating on the program and in essence, staff, for a while now.

Mom and Dad probably had him in their ears all the time, and in turn, in his.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Louisville or a school in Florida make a play
What's backstory on this?

This probably isn't the place. But since he's leaving... He doesn't get any blame for the Clemson loss, but if he didn't give up on the play that Fuentes- Cundiff hits the QB out of bounds, we probably win that game.

I don't think it was ever brought up, but when I saw it live I couldn't believe it. He needed to give 2 more seconds of effort...

Agree. I was saying I think there are people in his orbit who think it’s the program and not the individual player. In his case, it’s obviously the player.
oh gotcha.

Ouch. Our biggest portal loss this season so far. Probably the Top DE playmaker on an already weak DL this past season.

Not sure I understand this one.
My only guess is they’re looking to beef up the DL cause of our rushing defensive woes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom