Do we even realize what Coach K has on his bench? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Do we even realize what Coach K has on his bench?

I dont even know what I am arguing here haha. I just saw a poster here trying to compare Coach K and JB. I dont think Coach K is an Xs and Os mastermind, but his emotional intelligence and his psychology with players is as good as ever. Boeheim isn't like that at all. Players like that and look up to that. As a result, that's how Coach K gets great players every year. Boeheim and Coach K's successes are not close. Coach K is far superior.

It's amazing how Coach K is so far superior and gets far better players because he's so much better, but the head to head is 4-4. Amazing. God bless America.

It's amazing how Coach K is so far superior and gets far better players because he's so much better, but the head to head is 4-4. Amazing. God bless America.
Come on man, you sound absurd. If you cant see the difference in accomplishments then IDK. 12 FFs 5 NCs. 5 FFs 1 NC...Not close.

Better coaches than JB:

Travis Ford
Greg Gard
Jamie Dixon
Lol. According to OrangeDW, you base coaches success by comparing them head to head. I feel like I am taking crazy pills talking to some of these posters sometimes.

Come on man, you sound absurd. If you cant see the difference in accomplishments then IDK. 12 FFs 5 NCs. 5 FFs 1 NC...Not close.

Then Boeheim must have coached an amazing game to beat Duke the other night.

Or do you only comment on his coaching when we lose?

Lol. According to OrangeDW, you base coaches success by comparing them head to head. I feel like I am taking crazy pills talking to some of these posters sometimes.

According to you, you're in position to judge the coaching of hall of fame coaches.

According to me, I don't think you or many others here know the first thing about coaching college basketball.

Then Boeheim must have coached an amazing game to beat Duke the other night.

Or do you only comment on his coaching when we lose?

Someone call Debbie Yow then. Terrible mistake canning Gottfried.

Seriously where are you going with this DW? I can recall like one guy bitxhing about the lack of a bench. A bench that consists of Cyclops Chukwu, a guy with no knees, and Frank Howard. No one rational is crying about not going to the bench more.

Someone call Debbie Yow then. Terrible mistake canning Gottfried.

Seriously where are you going with this DW? I can recall like one guy bitxhing about the lack of a bench. A bench that consists of Cyclops Chukwu, a guy with no knees, and Frank Howard. No one rational is crying about not going to the bench more.

No bench, won't change defenses even when the other team is scoring a lot, bad offensive sets, botched in crunch time...Those are the standard complaints. Oh yeah, he's mean too.

According to you, you're in position to judge the coaching of hall of fame coaches.

According to me, I don't think you or many others here know the first thing about coaching college basketball.
There we go. He can't be judged. He's infallible. 1 national championship in 45 years

No bench, won't change defenses even when the other team is scoring a lot, bad offensive sets, botched in crunch time...Those are the standard complaints. Oh yeah, he's mean too.

Are you trying to say no one has a right to complain about the way the season has gone?

There we go. He can't be judged. He's infallible. 1 national championship in 45 years

Only 1 championship. How horrible.

He can be judged...by people that know what they're talking about. Not by people who played hoops when they were a kid and watch a lot of bball on TV. The qualifications of most of the experts in their own minds out there.

Only 1 championship. How horrible.

He can be judged...by people that know what they're talking about. Not by people who played hoops when they were a kid and watch a lot of bball on TV. The qualifications of most of the experts in their own minds out there.
pretty sure all those "experts" you're referring to would laugh if you tried to compare Coach Ks and JBs accomplishments

He's not impeccable. I have some criticisms myself. But you NEVER have anything good to say about him.
I don't think he is a good coach and I have not been a fan at all of how he has treated some players recently. Add in I think he's done a horrible job this year so I have been on him hard this year.

I don't think he is a good coach and I have not been a fan at all of how he has treated some players recently. Add in I think he's done a horrible job this year so I have been on him hard this year.

LOL.

Take a look where each program was when they each took over. Duke was a national player even then. They got national recruits. We didn't. We were an excellent regional program. I would never say that Jb has accomplished what K has. He hasn't. But what jb has accomplished in his own right is amazing. I was at Syracuse before JB and watched Syracuse games before he was head coach.

You really don't think he is a good coach. LOL For many reasons, we aren't that great a team this year. But we have won some wonderful games. If you really don't think he is a good coach, we have nothing to talk about and I don't believe you know much about basketball.

Just trying to apply some consistency. If we're going to criticize Boeheim for not playing scrubs, we've got to criticize Coach K for not playing lottery picks.

If we're going to criticize Boeheim for playing zone when the other team scores a lot, we should criticize K for playing man when the other team scores a lot.

If we're going to blame Boeheim when his players spaz late in a game we should criticize Coach K when his players do the same. Syracuse badly out-executed lottery pick ladden Duke in the last minute of the game. When that one goes the other way, its a big thing around here. So I'm talking about it!

Oh yeah, some kid who went to Arkansas Little Rock and Colorado State just took a dump on Duke's lottery picks. Must be the coaching staff that put him in position to do so.

If your going to compare K versus JB than you need only look at final fours and national championships. Game Over. Enough said, your IP is dopey.

You really don't think he is a good coach. LOL For many reasons, we aren't that great a team this year. But we have won some wonderful games. If you really don't think he is a good coach, we have nothing to talk about and I don't believe you know much about basketball.

I think JB is a great coach but K is best of all time other than Wooden.

I also don't think K should be excluded from criticism nor do I think should anyone be comparing his body of work to JB either, it's exceptional and discrediting it weakens any argument. JB body of work damn good too but it's not Coach K

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom