Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
Saddest thing is these weird outbursts will almost surely continue indefinitely until he’s no longer coach.

He’s not going to suddenly just class it up and start winning big again.

It’s been over, and it’s only getting worse. Someone needs to step in. Fighters keep fighting….they need their corner to throw the towel for them.

Whatever the setup was, the bigger point is that JB’s wounds were entirely self inflicted. It’s not about whether it’s Thamel or some other journalist.

If he was using Thamel to get out a shot across the bow, he instead turned the gun on himself.

Saddest thing is these weird outbursts will almost surely continue indefinitely until he’s no longer coach.

It’s been over, and it’s only getting worse. Someone needs to step in. Fighters keep fighting….they need their corner to throw the towel for them.
Basketball Fail GIF

Holy.
If that ESPN article is accurate… he‘s clueless, arrogant, stupid, and illogical.

He employs the same narcissistic rationale as any controversial celebrity. Everyone who comes up to you says don’t retire? That’s your truth? Doesn’t occur to you that there would be a massive skew in who would approach you with which side of the argument? How many people would be so rude as to approach him with a request that he retire? Not even me. Dumb.

He actually brags that the decision is his to make. So arrogant that he doesn’t bother to pretend he has any sense of grace or sense of position. The de facto AD.

95% of fans support him? The most devout are here, and I’m pretty sure the consensus here is toward retirement and ending this slide. If he’s counting on the 90% of fans who don’t care as much as we do, maybe he finds a bit more relief, but I doubt it.

We played top teams to a ”standstill?” What does that even mean? There are stalemates in wrestling. In hoops you either win or you lose. Even if we are not getting blown out, that’s just an affirmation that the entire NCAA is weak. And still we can’t crack the Top 25 in a field of weakness. That’s not an affirmation of his coaching.

Then, my god, the embarrassing inaccurate accusations of other schools‘ NIL and ‘buying teams.’ What a dick. If you’re going to call out teams for that kind of thing, you’d better have your facts straight. And not be doing the same thing yourself.

I‘ve never been so disappointed, Always used to (sorta) like JB as a person even when I didn’t like his coaching, but now I just don’t like him at all. And my immediate reaction after reading that article was to say That’s it—I’m out for next season. I’ll wait it out. I’ve never even considered not watching a single game since 1985 and this made me consider skipping a season. That’ll wear off by morning but * * * *. This sucks.
Completely agree! Great post in every point!

Exactly, this will be out of the news cycle and everyone will have moved on and (largely) forgotten this… sometimes I wonder if people actually think about their responses before spouting on their own tangent
Maybe it's just me, but my perspective on this isn't simply based on news cycles or how long folks talk about it.
In my lifetime JB and Cuse bball has set a certain standard, and not just in wins and losses. We'd laugh at IU or LVille, or any other program going through transitions, especially from a HOF'er. Why? Because we thought JB was too smart, too vested, to let such a thing happen. Big mistake, apparently.
To simply attribute all this to an " oh, well- what you gonna do" attitude, is bs, IMO.
Practically speaking, yes...we as fans cannot do much, if anything. But forgive those of us who see this in much more stark terms than yourself, O' level-headed one, and let us vent on this fan forum designed for that very purpose. Capiche'?

Last edited:

This was after a win. I mean, if we have a bad loss, I don’t even know what will happen moving forward.

Only thing is that if it’s just local media, they may let him slide in the pressers and what not.

I dunno.

See the thing is…Quincy and Kadary actually played here and we went to a sweet 16.

If they came back(and Bras), we would’ve basically had everyone back from that team except Marek - but with a real center in Jesse stepping in.

Spare me.

Spare me if you can’t read correctly. Quincy did not want to be the same player so he packed up and tried out the approach he would have done if he stayed here. Kadary has shown that you and many completely overestimated him. He’s a 25 minute a game guy because he can’t stay in shape and can’t be consistent. Your statement about being a 4 seed was ridiculous and you can hide from it or admit you exaggerated to try and make a point.

Its open season on JB now. There's a Pitt site that has the Brandon Knight article up and the photo of Boeheim has him knuckle deep. its just going to end so badly. Its like watching the train wreck coming in slow motion, but you can't do anything to stop it.

The bad thing is alot of saw this coming years ago

Spare me if you can’t read correctly. Quincy did not want to be the same player so he packed up and tried out the approach he would have done if he stayed here. Kadary has shown that you and many completely overestimated him. He’s a 25 minute a game guy because he can’t stay in shape and can’t be consistent. Your statement about being a 4 seed was ridiculous and you can hide from it or admit you exaggerated to try and make a point.
Your rationalization on Kadary hasn't aged well.

Your rationalization on Kadary hasn't aged well.

What’s the rationalization? He’s a good player but is not Michael Jordan as so many here claimed . He’s been nothing special for two years at seton hall. As I said, we would have been better with him but we would not have been a 4 seed (which is beyond silly). What hasn’t aged well?

That is a good point. Seemed incredibly random for that “story” to come out on a Saturday night after we actually won a game.
I think it’s largely because Thamel lives in Boston and he knows the commentary from the fans has been rising. Plus he’s a DO alum and I’m sure keeps an eye on the team (plus it’s his job to cover everything).

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to incite anything, but how do you know what Quincy wanted? As for Kadary... this whole thing about how he's doing at Seton Hall to dismiss what he could have been at SU is lazy. Anyone, without any bias, who saw the impact that he had on games during his freshman year knew he should have gotten more minutes and a starting job his sophomore year.

We all see how these things work under Jim - just look at the last two years. My gawd, if that isn't evidence enough that some players don't get the "right" amount of minutes, then we're beyond discussion.

Last edited:
Incorrect. I never would’ve said that. Seton Hall has often sucked and has occasionally been good. If I said anything about them, I’m sure you’re intentionally misrepresenting it.

“No one else wanted him….” Lol. Such a dumb take. I’m not saying that to be mean either. You just need to know that it’s a dumb take, and if nobody tells you…how would you know?
A 4 seed is a dumb take. I need to tell you this because you are dim and it won’t sink in unless you here it

Incorrect. I never would’ve said that. Seton Hall has often sucked and has occasionally been good. If I said anything about them, I’m sure you’re intentionally misrepresenting it.

“No one else wanted him….” Lol. Such a dumb take. I’m not saying that to be mean either. You just need to know that it’s a dumb take, and if nobody tells you…how would you know?

What big time programs wanted him? If any did and he chose SH the he might rival your intellect

A 4 seed is a dumb take. I need to tell you this because you are dim and it won’t sink in unless you here it
Sweet 16 team with everybody back the next year except Marek…who was 180 pounds and playing center and now being replaced with an actual center that can play…..that’s a realistic expectation.

I’m sorry that you’re so used to losing that a 4 seed seems unattainable.

“Here”….lol. I’ll help you out: “hear and ear”….I learned that in like 2nd grade.

You can make your points and get fired up all you want, but you’re probably the last person who should try to call others stupid.

Last edited:
We had 3 transfers last year and 2 that started? Have no idea what he is talking about.
He was trying to replace what he lost. He wasn't upgrading. It was a net negative. They are losing more talent every year than they gain, hence the continued decline due to stubbornness of how to approach the portal.

What big time programs wanted him? If any did and he chose SH the he might rival your intellect
When you can spell and use punctuation like a functioning adult, you can question “intellect”.

You’re probably the guy that got mad when posters pointed out that SH was doing as well as SU the previous 3-4 years.

Kadary’s PER is 20. That would put him with Jesse and Maliq (and Judah) as our most effective players. Numbers are numbers.

Now give me some deep thoughts. Here: “yay! Go SU! Number 1!” Copy and paste, post, and then head to tik tok.

100%, no one will care about this in a week. People want to be upset, they’re going to get upset and then we will all move on.
Depends on outcomes. Wins people will move on. Lose and the noise gets louder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom