Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
What’s the rationalization? He’s a good player but is not Michael Jordan as so many here claimed . He’s been nothing special for two years at seton hall. As I said, we would have been better with him but we would not have been a 4 seed (which is beyond silly). What hasn’t aged well?
"Michael Jordan?"

Add strawman BS to your rationalization / misinformed take.

Just to be clear, I'm trying to incite anything, but how do you know what Quincy wanted? As for Kadary... this whole thing about how he's doing at Seton Hall to dismiss what he could have been at SU is lazy. Anyone, without any bias, who saw the impact that he had on games during his freshman year knew he should have gotten more minutes and a starting job his sophomore year.

We all see how these things work under Jim - just look at the last two years. My gawd, if that isn't evidence enough that some players don't get the "right" amount of minutes, then we're beyond discussion.

Quincy was sick of getting yelled at by JB and wanted to show an NBA game. Poor man's OB. FWIW I watched Dana Altman crush him in pressers too, difference is no one watches.

As far as KR goes his statline is the sweet spot where anyone here can rationalize their opinion on him:

Quincy was sick of getting yelled at by JB and wanted to show an NBA game. Poor man's OB. FWIW I watched Dana Altman crush him in pressers too, difference is no one watches.

As far as KR goes his statline is the sweet spot where anyone here can rationalize their opinion on him:

What can’t be rationalized is we spent 2 years starting a two guard at point guard.

Actually 3….but we had no choice the first year.

What can’t be rationalized is we spent 2 years starting a two guard at point guard.

Actually 3….but we had no choice the first year.

The starting thing is dumb, if he left strictly because of that he's dumb.

It doesn’t. The program stinks and everyone looks at us as a washed up program with a jerk coach.

“That goes away if you win”….but that perception also makes it harder to win. We couldn’t even fill a starting forward slot, and got stuck with the coach’s son playing more minutes than he did at Cornell.
We couldnt land Kaluma that spring. Not sure if it was from overhype of Benny or fear of Daddy ball? We lost him to Creighton, they wear blue but are not a blue blood that we used to battle for recruits with.

The starting thing is dumb, if he left strictly because of that he's dumb.
Why? Coming off the bench is hard. Especially for a PG.

Joe starts out hot from 3 and you’re not getting in until the 7 minute mark. And then yanked if you make a bad play.

JB had the roles backwards. The well rounded guy that’s actually a PG should start at PG and the gunner with no conscience who can shoot you in or out of a game but does little else if he’s not scoring, should come off the bench.

Its open season on JB now. There's a Pitt site that has the Brandon Knight article up and the photo of Boeheim has him knuckle deep. its just going to end so badly. Its like watching the train wreck coming in slow motion, but you can't do anything to stop

Look up "self-inflicted, unnecessary wound" in the dictionary...

18b5c49e-75be-46e2-8601-0b0e1ecbf73b-jpeg.83834
J-bone wearing his National Championship hat riding the bomb ala Dr. Strange love.

Joe starts out hot from 3 and you’re not getting in until the 7 minute mark. And then yanked if you make a bad play.

JB had the roles backwards. The well rounded guy that’s actually a PG should start at PG and the gunner with no conscience who can shoot you in or out of a game but does little else if he’s not scoring, should come off the bench.
right or wrong...and JB has been pretty consistent here, is that he thinks shooters need to start. Coming off the bench asking a guy to impact a game from deep...is something he thinks is much harder than coming off the bench being a hustle - playmaker. Just how he looks at it. Now I'm not sure Joe's situation fits in here...

right or wrong...and JB has been pretty consistent here, is that he thinks shooters need to start. Coming off the bench asking a guy to impact a game from deep...is something he thinks is much harder than coming off the bench being a hustle - playmaker. Just how he looks at it. Now I'm not sure Joe's situation fits in here...
I can understand that if they’re both wings.

But starting the shooter at PG….Kadary just did pretty much everything else better. Never understood that one.

The frustrating thing is JB has had a few good opportunities to retire such the story could have been a good one. Now those opportunities are gone.
Someday I would love to hear a story on this board around where Julie's thoughts were on JB and retirement. I would put money down that she wanted him to retire with his sons last season as a final option.
This is going to turn into scorched earth. Chancellor needs to be the heavy here and get the BoT to agree. All parties are past this ending clean.

The frustrating thing is JB has had a few good opportunities to retire such the story could have been a good one. Now those opportunities are gone.
Someday I would love to hear a story on this board around where Julie's thoughts were on JB and retirement. I would put money down that she wanted him to retire with his sons last season as a final option.
This is going to turn into scorched earth. Chancellor needs to be the heavy here and get the BoT to agree. All parties are past this ending clean.
Exactly. After the 2016 final four would have been a great opportunity. Even after a losing record last season, going out with his sons would have been a great way to end.

"Michael Jordan?"

Add strawman BS to your rationalization / misinformed take.

So please answer the question besides adding little. What is my rationalization that didn’t go well when I responded to someone else who made a silly statement? you decided to jump in so interested in hearing my big mistake.

Not sure if the ACC can implement sanctions but if I were Wake Forest I would be livid. It could cost them recruits thus revenues with the allegations.

Jim says it’s only because he is 78 and people are calendar watching. No jim, it’s because we are on pace to miss the tournament for the 5th time in 9 years. That is missing the tournament 55% of the time. Yes I am counting the COVID year because we were not going to make it. Two of the 4 years we did make it we were an 11 seed play in game and an 11 seed. Another year a 10 seed. That is 8 years of piss poor performance. Yes we made a final four which makes that 10 seed look much better.

But getting through one weekend of the tournament does not make those 11 seeds a success. Our best year in that 9 year run was an 8 seed!!!!!

That is why, this is a results based business!!!!

Matt Norlander, the CBS college basketball reporter, said that Thamel lives in Boston so he went and covered the game. JB probably couldn’t help himself.

The segment he did on the XM college sports station led with Boeheim and not Purdue getting upset.
Pete Thamel is a Syracuse (Newhouse) Alum '99. Surely he and J.B. know each other well from Thamel's three years on the sports staff of the Daily Orange, including serving as Sports Editor. Thamel has written for the New York Times, Sports Illustrated and Yahoo Sports before joining ESPN. He's one of the pre-eminent sports writers in the U.S.

Plenty.

so you know more than me but I imagine these “plenty” of big time programs did not guarantee him the starting PG spot? If they did and these programs were better than SH then it makes little sense

So please answer the question besides adding little. What is my rationalization that didn’t go well when I responded to someone else who made a silly statement? you decided to jump in so interested in hearing my big mistake.
Lack of commas and capitalization are your first couple.

I kid.

so you know more than me but I imagine these “plenty” of big time programs did not guarantee him the starting PG spot? If they did and these programs were better than SH then it makes little sense
Maybe he wanted to play close to home? Seton Hall has made 5 tourneys in 7 years. We’ve made 3 in 7.

Just facts. Don’t get mad at me.

Maybe he wanted to play close to home? Seton Hall has made 5 tourneys in 7 years. We’ve made 3 in 7.

I thought his momma facilitated the Seton Hall move.

Agree 100%. I like guys that play hard at both ends of the floor and contribute in varied ways. JG is a major zero on the defensive end of the floor. He can't defend a lick and is totally disinterested in rebounding, just sets up looking for the outlet pass. Sorry but guards need to rebound, too.

On offense he's feast or famine. 36% from three ain't nothing to get excited about. Not much of a handle and a minimal facilitator for others.

I think you nailed it. He should have been coming off the bench for maybe 15-18 minutes a night. The fact he had to play 35 a night is a big part of why we have the record we have over the last four years.

That is all true and you are correct. We have been mediocre for too long. It makes me sick. It’s probably not even worth the argument. I just think we would have been mediocre if we kept Kadary and if we kept Quincy. Perhaps a slightly better version of mediocre but still not great. The problems run so deep.

Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom