Does baseball have a problem with viewers? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Does baseball have a problem with viewers?

And I'm at the point that I don't watch any football anymore, except SU and if the Giants make the playoffs. Huge soccer fan now. I watch probably 3 or 4 full Premier League games each week, along with Champions League games of interest. Very little MLS, but occasional, and of course the US men's national team.

I got into watching soccer about 10 years ago. There are really two reasons i started watching- i like the fact that the games are for a finite set of time; i can easily watch and follow while doing something else (like work, playing with the kids, browsing the internet, etc.). I find that whenever something important happens, there is a crescendo of fan or announcer excitement that informs me it's time to pay attention.

I know there are a lot of folks that love the new air-it-out style of football. I like to see scoring, but some of these games become tediously long.

My two major proposed sports fixes are: 1. Mandate that pitchers face a minimum of three hitters (i believe its the revolving door pitching changes and specialization of relievers that are really dragging out baseball games); and 2. dont stop the clock on incomplete passes in college football until you are in the last 4 minutes of a half.

I still love baseball and it's my favorite sport. I have the MLB Extra Innings package too. I used to have the NFL package but dropped that as my interest in the NFL has waned. Soccer and the NBA are at the bottom of my list. As far as actual game attendance goes, both the NFL and MLB dropped by under 1% last year. For me baseball brings me to college football, which leads into college basketball before a dark month leading until spring training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom