Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday’s approach was fine. If you want to wear a mask, knock yourself out. If not, that’s cool to.

the world is full of things that want to kill you, free individuals making decisions for themselves about the level of risk they are comfortable with

This morning SU changed the requirement to having to wear a mask indoors by everyone. Vaccinated or not.

masking requirements: All students, staff, faculty and visitors must wear masks when in doors at all times.

Masks not required: the following exceptions are made for students, faculty and staff only. - you may remove your mask when eating or drinking.

I see it now. Has to be a mistake. That would be a ridiculous policy.

You let a kid eat at a dining hall but tell the parent sorry no soup for you?

And you’d have to announce right now that there are no concessions for the game if we make a determination of red.

masking requirements: All students, staff, faculty and visitors must wear masks when in doors at all times.

Masks not required: the following exceptions are made for students, faculty and staff only. - you may remove your mask when eating or drinking.
There’s no way that is the policy inside the dome. Might as well close the concession stands.

I see it now. Has to be a mistake. That would be a ridiculous policy.

You let a kid eat at a dining hall but tell the parent sorry no soup for you?

And you’d have to announce right now that there are no concessions for the game if we make a determination of red.

i agree. It’s either poorly or incorrectly worded or…..

There’s no way that is the policy inside the dome. Might as well close the concession stands.

like I said to chip, poorly/incorrectly worded or you’re right, close concessions. Although I guess students and staff might want to eat. My money is on poorly constructed wording. But the one thing that is obvious with them going RED, as they said they would do if they turned RED, is that everyone has to wear a mask indoors no matter who you are and regardless of vaccination status.

One thing it does do is eliminate the need to get everyone’s vaccine status.

Or it will magically changed to a yellow mask policy on September 10

It’s amazing how things like that do happen.

1630172124768.png

the world is full of things that want to kill you, free individuals making decisions for themselves about the level of risk they are comfortable with

a mask does reduce the risk to the wearer but is more intended to help prevent spreading and provides more protection to the other person.

like I said to chip, poorly/incorrectly worded or you’re right, close concessions. Although I guess students and staff might want to eat. My money is on poorly constructed wording. But the one thing that is obvious with them going RED, as they said they would do if they turned RED, is that everyone has to wear a mask indoors no matter who you are and regardless of vaccination status.

One thing it does do is eliminate the need to get everyone’s vaccine status.

I would think if it stays red they’re still going to want vax status or negative test, but you’ll probably have to have your mask on as the last piece to entry.

I assumed it would be red by the time of the game. Looks like Onondaga county hit 124 as 7 day average cases, guessing that will go up for a few weeks before down but who knows. Also looks like the county is 61% fully vaxxed, 66% one dose. If those go up over 70, does that change anything?

If the infectious rate continues to go up, SU better make masks mandated or a lot of people will not go. Even vaccinated people can spread the virus. If they’re not careful the county and health department will close the Dome down to fans again.

I would think if it stays red they’re still going to want vax status or negative test, but you’ll probably have to have your mask on as the last piece to entry.

I assumed it would be red by the time of the game. Looks like Onondaga county hit 124 as 7 day average cases, guessing that will go up for a few weeks before down but who knows. Also looks like the county is 61% fully vaxxed, 66% one dose. If those go up over 70, does that change anything?

they would still want a negative test but vaccine status would mean nothing.

If the infectious rate continues to go up, SU better make masks mandated or a lot of people will not go. Even vaccinated people can spread the virus. If they’re not careful the county and health department will close the Dome down to fans again.

Speak for yourself

Also, if y’all haven’t paid attention, the general public policy has gone away from trying to eradicate COVID.

I know a portion of people aren’t going to like that, but I think the general consensus from government agencies is… “you’ve had the chance to get vaccinated, if you didn’t that’s unfortunate for you.”

Also, the economy can not afford to not have to place any restrictions on anything and with that Syracuse University can not afford to not have the dome with people in it buying concessions, regardless of what’s going on with Covid.

The days of any govt restrictions are likely over, if they do enact any “restriction” it would be you can only enter places with proof of vaccination.

So, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Syracuse just switch to 100% vaccinated for the home games. We shall see.

How many current active cases are there in the county?

Onondaga County health officials today confirmed 226 new cases of Covid-19 since Thursday, the largest one-day total since Jan. 24, when the county was at the tail end of a winter surge that strained local hospitals.

There have been 581 new cases this week (Monday through Friday) compared with 534 during the same period a week ago, according to County Executive Ryan McMahon.

a mask does reduce the risk to the wearer but is more intended to help prevent spreading and provides more protection to the other person.
Everyone in that building is there voluntarily. The profile of people that are at elevated risk for very negative outcomes is well known. If somebody fits that profile maybe they should sit this one out.

its been trending this way for awhile.. and next is schools starting up. still feels like vaxed and masked and no food is where its headed..

yeah that doesn’t have current active. I think they’re around 750 and 42k county population so it’s around .019%
580 cases in the past week, can extrapolate from there. 750 sounds close.
Onondaga county population was 476,516 in the 2020 census. 750/476516=0.16%

Everyone in that building is there voluntarily. The profile of people that are at elevated risk for very negative outcomes is well known. If somebody fits that profile maybe they should sit this one out.

instead of people wearing a mask like they should. Glad to see SU for now is requiring masks by all.

instead of people wearing a mask like they should. Glad to see SU for now is requiring masks by all.
like they should?

if people are worried, they can stay home or wear an n95 and roll the dice

If I felt like I was at any risk, I wouldn't feel like people wearing cheap cloth masks at the Dome, taking them off to eat and drink, was going to keep me safe. I'd stay home.

Most people were staying home before Covid.

580 cases in the past week, can extrapolate from there. 750 sounds close.
Onondaga county population was 476,516 in the 2020 census. 750/476516=0.16%

yeah I don’t know where I got 42k. Doesn’t 460,000 make it .0016% ?

like they should?

if people are worried, they can stay home or wear an n95 and roll the dice

yes. If SU requires one or if SU requires unvaxed to wear one, then they should. Whatever SUs protocols are is what people should follow. Not leave it up to those who would follow the rules to stay home if they are worried. SUs house, SUs rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.