Dome Lights | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Lights

Is there a reason they can’t keep the lights on every night? See how the Empire State Building gets lit in different colors to commemorate different occasions.
I am sure they can. While that is not one of our projects we do light the Statue of Liberty, Washington Monument, as well as some large area lighting like ports where the lights are on all the time.

Is there a reason they can’t keep the lights on every night? See how the Empire State Building gets lit in different colors to commemorate different occasions.
Aren't there some dorms right around where the Dome is located? They may not light it up every night just as a courtesy to the students that live there trying to sleep.

We can burn electricity all night long.

Just tell the mice running on the wheels that they have to work double shifts.
I am sure they can. While that is not one of our projects we do light the Statue of Liberty, Washington Monument, as well as some large area lighting like ports where the lights are on all the time.
LEDs are energy efficient so while there is an added cost to turn them on every night it is probably not a big deal. Barclay Damon lights up every night. Branding is important. This would be a fantastic addition to the night skyline and it shouldn’t be relegated to the 20-some nights out of the whole year.

Or they will start lighting it every night after the “debut” it at the Liberty game Friday night

Now if only they could FINALLY fix the sound system...
I only have a mild understanding of that stuff. My guess is that putting the speakers in a nice equidistant pattern, isn't the best idea for a highly reflective, symmetrical, room. The sound waves are more prone to bouncing at the same time, and canceling certain frequencies. While thats bad? Bouncing at different times can cause some wonky phase issues, as well.

The biggest issue should be the long low frequency waves. Its issues here that can make things a mushy hollow mess. In a studio, the solution is bass traps in the reflective corners to absorb some of those low freq waves, and less flat surfaces. In the Dome? The answer is to pack the damn place. Start filling up those corners? Yeah. The PA should sound better. In terms of crowd noise? I'll take no sound treatment, as the origin of every voice is a different location and can be loud as holy h3ll. Fill the place up, and that human sound treatment should help make the sound system a bit more clear.

Kinda looks like my teenager's bedroom. Not that I'm complaining about the Stadium lights, the one's in the bedroom though are going to illicit a seizure if stay in there for more than 20 seconds.

Those lights don’t seem so bright that they’d keep students awake. This isn’t the Kenny’s chicken Seinfeld episode.
There is also a schedule to have them turned on and off automatically from here in Iowa. So they could set them to be on from a certain time and off at another. Set up presentations with the lights automatically on a schedule as well as manually.

I only have a mild understanding of that stuff. My guess is that putting the speakers in a nice equidistant pattern, isn't the best idea for a highly reflective, symmetrical, room. The sound waves are more prone to bouncing at the same time, and canceling certain frequencies. While thats bad? Bouncing at different times can cause some wonky phase issues, as well.

The biggest issue should be the long low frequency waves. Its issues here that can make things a mushy hollow mess. In a studio, the solution is bass traps in the reflective corners to absorb some of those low freq waves, and less flat surfaces. In the Dome? The answer is to pack the damn place. Start filling up those corners? Yeah. The PA should sound better. In terms of crowd noise? I'll take no sound treatment, as the origin of every voice is a different location and can be loud as holy h3ll. Fill the place up, and that human sound treatment should help make the sound system a bit more clear.
Yup. I think that has been the problem so far. Though it was better week 2. Just not enough to absorb the sound. The upper levels, especially with the hard roof, are reverberating hard surfaces. Fill the place, and it will get better. Or we could hang some tapestries.

Very nice. Do we get something on the inside, too? I've only noticed that it will go Orange on a TD
I believe the original ones that were installed they they up when Syracuse scored could only do red and blue. So I am guessing the replacement lights can only do orange.

The shots of the dome from the outside with the orange lights on inside looked insanely orange, even through the translucent roof.

I am guessing at night, with the sun down, the orange effect is going to be 100% stronger than what we saw during the day games.

Pretty sure they can do strobe effects, light chasing and other LED features we haven't seen yet. Maybe those kinds of things will only be used for night games.

They have the ability to turn off all the lights in the dome during an event for the first time ever. Might be used for the team intro? Maybe?

Technically they could have turned the old lights off and then back on but they wouldn't get to 100% for around 15 minutes. It was not practical.

Maybe Friday night will mark the use of a new song to be used in conjunction with the entrance of the players? That would be cool. Glad SUAD is trying to keep some of this stuff a surprise. Hope it drives some people to attend that would ordinarily not attend.

I believe the original ones that were installed they they up when Syracuse scored could only do red and blue. So I am guessing the replacement lights can only do orange.

The shots of the dome from the outside with the orange lights on inside looked insanely orange, even through the translucent roof.

I am guessing at night, with the sun down, the orange effect is going to be 100% stronger than what we saw during the day games.

Pretty sure they can do strobe effects, light chasing and other LED features we haven't seen yet. Maybe those kinds of things will only be used for night games.

They have the ability to turn off all the lights in the dome during an event for the first time ever. Might be used for the team intro? Maybe?

Technically they could have turned the old lights off and then back on but they wouldn't get to 100% for around 15 minutes. It was not practical.

Maybe Friday night will mark the use of a new song to be used in conjunction with the entrance of the players? That would be cool. Glad SUAD is trying to keep some of this stuff a surprise. Hope it drives some people to attend that would ordinarily not attend.
Yeah so HID's have a metal piece that has to cool down. If you turn them off...its a least 15 minutes before you would be able to turn them back on at all. LED's are on and off in an instant being more electronic.

The issue with difference colors inside are what you are projecting that light on. The green of the field for instance, isnt great for projection. That is why you see the orange being shot up towards the roofing materials. There should be lots of options for the white light shows after scores. I will be interested in seeing what can be done for basketball.

Christmas Vacation Reaction GIF

I'm sure they will turn the lights off/down for the team intro. I'm pretty sure they've already done that in the first two games, but it's been mid-day so it's not really noticeable with the outside light coming in.

Now for future elements just need a high end large outdoor HD screen to promote games and the university that sits outside the dome and is visible from a distance like at the pro arenas. Not sure if it is within compliance but w big video screen outside saying Welcome (insert recruit name here)... would be sweet. Screw Tennessee and their painted rocks.

Aren't there some dorms right around where the Dome is located? They may not light it up every night just as a courtesy to the students that live there trying to sleep.
yeah that would suck for the upper levels of lawrinson

Fingers crossed. Even if they can just strobe? With the size of the dome, it would be nice to do something with them.

Walmart is running a sale on Halloween lights. I think we should email Wildhack and suggest he gets a pallet or two of lights and then climb up to roof and wrap the light string throughout the rollercoster beam. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom