Dome Lights | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Lights

Walmart is running a sale on Halloween lights. I think we should email Wildhack and suggest he gets a pallet or two of lights and then climb up to roof and wrap the light string throughout the rollercoster beam. Thoughts?
??? Not sure of the point of post. SU has put LEDS on the new beams.

Yup. I think that has been the problem so far. Though it was better week 2. Just not enough to absorb the sound. The upper levels, especially with the hard roof, are reverberating hard surfaces. Fill the place, and it will get better. Or we could hang some tapestries.
Tapestries might be effective with the very short higher frequency waves, but issues increase as you go lower in freq. Phase issues can suck all the mids and lows, and make things a tinny, hollow, mushy, mess.

Absorption is usually the solution for the very problematic lower frequency waves. A low freq wave at 100hz, has FAR more opportunity to have issues than a wave that is repeating 10 times as fast.

Every room has issues. If you want the dome loud? A lack of sound treatment isn't the worse thing. Sound treatment, or better yet, fans, will help the PA. I'll take a LOUD house, over a kind of loud house, where the PA sounds better with less fans, ALL day, Every Day.

(I prolly would have installed the speakers in a more random pattern. ALTHOUGH, they may have at slightly different distances, AND curved them all(they did) to address reflection issues)

Tapestries might be effective with the very short higher frequency waves, but issues increase as you go lower in freq. Phase issues can suck all the mids and lows, and make things a tinny, hollow, mushy, mess.

Absorption is usually the solution for the very problematic lower frequency waves. A low freq wave at 100hz, has FAR more opportunity to have issues than a wave that is repeating 10 times as fast.

Every room has issues. If you want the dome loud? A lack of sound treatment isn't the worse thing. Sound treatment, or better yet, fans, will help the PA. I'll take a LOUD house, over a kind of loud house, where the PA sounds better with less fans, ALL day, Every Day.

(I prolly would have installed the speakers in a more random pattern. ALTHOUGH, they may have at slightly different distances, AND curved them all(they did) to address reflection issues)
That’s the thing I love about this board. No matter what random uninformed opinion I have, I know there’s always someone who actually knows what he or she is talking about to straighten me out.

??? Not sure of the point of post. SU has put LEDS on the new beams.
I think what he's saying is - the truss is not actually lit up but reflecting light being projected upward. Think of the spokes on an LED ferris wheel at night and all the interesting themes that can be programmed... because the LED components are embedded throughout the structure. What they have right now is a HUGE leap forward ... but as with anything... there can always be room to improve the setup at some point in the future.

That’s the thing I love about this board. No matter what random uninformed opinion I have, I know there’s always someone who actually knows what he or she is talking about to straighten me out.

I can change light bulbs.

Most of the time by myself.

Real question...maybe it's been answered but I couldn't keep up with all the Crane posts. Is it still technically a Dome or not? I know it's not an air filled bubble but Dome indicates shape of the roof and I feel we still fall into 'dome' category.

I know I can do a lot with LED / color changing light bulbs for both inside and outside my house these days...makes decorating for halloween fun. Five to ten years ago...wasn't possible without spending a ton of money. Very easy to do now. I can only imagine what you can do with professional stuff vs. what I do with my amazon purchases!

Spectacular. I sincerely hope the team intro has something cool this Friday night. Probably tough to do for a day game.

What about something like this for the Dome. GoCuse14 Any thoughts?

Yes that is bad a$$...and we do not have those capabilities at this time. Thats one of the first times I have seen that it isnt on ice.

the game lights seem to be extremely bright---is that level of light the norm??not complaining just asking.

1632244919270.png

the game lights seem to be extremely bright---is that level of light the norm??not complaining just asking.
When commissioning lighting systems all fields are gridded out and light level are taken for foot candle levels and uniformity. There are certain levels that need to be made from Safe Play (generally your little league type fields) all the way up to broadcast television. So there are for sure levels that need to be met before signing off on a field.

Is there a reason they can’t keep the lights on every night? See how the Empire State Building gets lit in different colors to commemorate different occasions.
This AM on my drive in to work from 690 going east coming from the west, I noticed the lights on. They were a white color so to speak. Looked great. Looks like a big time programs stadium. The look has really grown on me.

Pretty sure Liberty game will have something special.

You might want to arrive early...just saying
How early? I was going to try to enter around 6:30 to be all settled by 7:00- or am I overestimating the time spent getting in? (first game in Covid times)

How early? I was going to try to enter around 6:30 to be all settled by 7:00- or am I overestimating the time spent getting in? (first game in Covid times)

What are you going to do in there for an hour before kick? I'd blow all my money on beer before kickoff if I spent an hour plus in there with nothing to do.

Getting in for the Albany game was very easy. Short line at the Covid screening tent on the Quad and then no line to get in the door. Rutgers game was a little bit longer but still, between the screening tent and the gate, it was no more than 20 mins.

What are you going to do in there for an hour before kick? I'd blow all my money on beer before kickoff if I spent an hour plus in there with nothing to do.

Getting in for the Albany game was very easy. Short line at the Covid screening tent on the Quad and then no line to get in the door. Rutgers game was a little bit longer but still, between the screening tent and the gate, it was no more than 20 mins.
Ha! I like to watch the warm ups but I was more nervous of getting stuck in a backlog at the gates. Thanks for the intel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom