Dome Renovation | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

Let's not get carried away. Ny isn't going to dump two stadiums worth of money into Syracuse plus the theater we got this year plus the fair.
Why not? Buffalo got all this, plus another 1 Billion on top of it, just for being Buffalo.

First off this is SS third year not his second year. Second I would have confidence we would actually do a real search for a HC this time instead of a 48 hour hiring from within. Third if you give another year 6-6 won't be enough and with no home games it gives the new staff a complete honeymoon year. Keeping SS next year is not smart unless we show improvement and win some of these last 4 games.
My point is that his third year still has 4 games left, so its not over.

Lacrosse can play at the soccer stadium. Or on the quad.
I say have the lax games on The Nation, and play it the original way. Rocks for balls and endless games.

I'm just waiting to hear if it will be next year. I'm planning to make my long awaited, eagerly anticipated (by everyone I'm sure) return to Syracuse for a game next year. But I'm only going if I can see a game in the Dome. That's the whole point of the trip

Sounds wonderful but I'd really rather build a new facility, preferably near Destiny, (where the parking is), so we could keep using the Dome while the new place is built.
To me, that is the only advantage to building on another site. I could live with travelling to "home" games on the road as I did when the dome was being built.

To be fair, they had a location in/near Armory square for the baseball stadium and didn't take it. that is a mistake. Oh and if the baseball stadium wasn't separated from the destiny area by 81 it would have been fine.
It's actually separated by Park St, not 81.

Is the 81 Bridge above Park Street? Located Directly between the mall and the stadium?
There is not a real safe way to walk from the Baseball Park to Destiny...u can do it but not an easy walk

All I am saying. thanks Mark. I mean if ya wanna dodge traffic and sketchy heroin addicts its a fine walk.
traffic is really bad there. I'm waiting for the day when someone crossing the street to get to the regional market gets hit by a car. I've never seen the heroin addicts but there is one homeless guy that camps on the corner of Park and Harborside Pl.

traffic is really bad there. I'm waiting for the day when someone crossing the street to get to the regional market gets hit by a car. I've never seen the heroin addicts but there is one homeless guy that camps on the corner of Park and Harborside Pl.
If you look in the large bushes on the corner there is what appears to be a gypsie community with beds and chairs and the like inside. I drove by one day and saw one of them walk into it and disappear. It was like the field of dreams cornfield..dude just vanished. Fantastic.

If you look in the large bushes on the corner there is what appears to be a gypsie community with beds and chairs and the like inside. I drove by one day and saw one of them walk into it and disappear. It was like the field of dreams cornfield..dude just vanished. Fantastic.
no kidding! on the Destiny side of Park St. near the railroad tracks?

I hate where the baseball stadium is. I thought it have been fantastic where that ugly ass u-haul building is and positioned with downtown and the SU hill in the OF.

Cornell wouldn't be too bad. Holds 25.5k

aerial.jpg
Went to the SU/BC game at Cortland when they were building the dome. Only problem was getting back to Syracuse after. The roads were not made to handle the amount of traffic and cars were backed up for miles.
I think it took us something like 8 hours, mostly because of a long stop in a roadside tavern - no other recourse. Made some great new friends though

Went to the SU/BC game at Cortland when they were building the dome. Only problem was getting back to Syracuse after. The roads were not made to handle the amount of traffic and cars were backed up for miles.
I think it took us something like 8 hours, mostly because of a long stop in a roadside tavern - no other recourse. Made some great new friends though

I think you just have to make the most of a season on the road, of course I am hoping for 2 games at Cornell...

Won't happen but cortland is soooo much easier than Cornell or Ithaca to get to.
yeah 6500 ex capacity is the concern on cortland as an option

Last edited:

You meant to write either "Cornell" or "Ithaca" rather than Cortland I trust. I was also at that game, although I didn't remember the crowd being in excess of 20K as it was reported to be. Not all paying customers it seems from this quote from the BC student newspaper, The Heights, "Boston College would defeat Syracuse University by 17 points in front of 20,245 fans, 6200 of whom received free tickets as part of SU's plan to show bowl scouts that they could draw the big crowd."

I hate where the baseball stadium is. I thought it have been fantastic where that ugly ass u-haul building is and positioned with downtown and the SU hill in the OF.
That would've been a good spot..right by Chancy Nancy's multi-million dollar connective corridor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom