Dome Renovation | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

I love the Cornell idea. I'd fly cross country with my son for that. (He's smarter than daddy - need him thinking ivy.)
I think so too...Ivy season starts late...no conflict for Colgate.

I think so too...Ivy season starts late...no conflict for Colgate.
Does Ithaca have lights if TV wanted a night game? I agree Ithaca makes the most sense and ACC/Ivy could work together if we can get on the same page.

Does Ithaca have lights if TV wanted a night game? I agree Ithaca makes the most sense and ACC/Ivy could work together if we can get on the same page.
The pic a few pages back does show lights. Not many but some, maybe the LED lighting company in Syracuse can improve them.

The worst thing about Cornell is two lane highways leading in...folks will have to allow extra time...no one take the high road...so I can get there quickly

is there any scenario where they can add Army and Cornell to the schedule next year and push off games to the future? I assume if the Dome is under construction convention wisdom will be thrown aside but can the Ivy League allow for one of their teams to play Syracuse. I'd love to see it being marketed on College Gameday.

In all this turmoil we may get a Gameday game anyway b/c it'll be a unique experience for Corso et al to head to Ithaca for a big time guy.

How many seats does the grandstand at the Fairgrounds have? Seriously.

I want hope for SU FB. SS as the HC of SU give me no hope. I can be patient for someone I believe. I have absolutely zero confidence in SS being an effective HC in a P5 conference. He is a good man and loyal to the area but he is not a HC and keeping for another year makes me feel like I am literally wasting my money giving it to SU.
You can be patient for someone else...but only give Shafer 2 years...hmm makes sense.

Agreed.

The ideal setup for the university is to play all the home games at the same venue, and offer STH the chance to buy season tickets for the venue for all home games. That gives them more cash flow and a degree of continuity that will help retain STH during a difficult time. Cornell would be easier and the size would be adequate but as others have noted, they also play on Saturdays and they also have a football team and they have their games on a college campus...finding 6 or 7 open Saturdays there is very unlikely and it probably isn't worth it to only play one or two games there.

Last time, using three venues for 5 games made this impossible. I was a student then, don't think they even offered us the equivalent of a season ticket that year.

Anyway, if we lose a year of home games at the Dome, I support moving all the games to Ralph Wilson. It is a relatively easy drive, the tailgating would be excellent, it would be easy for out of towners to fly into and I think we would be able to play all the home games there.
cornell does not have a football team.. we have a bunch of guys who run around on a nice turf field though.. cornell plays 5 home games often since they only play 10 games and having 1-2 on a friday is not a big deal for them. they also start later and end earlier than SU so there is a chance you could get 3 weeks there with no conflict at all

You know, it's 156 miles from the Dome to Ralph Wilson Stadium... and 256 miles to Rentschler Field. If you're already driving 2 1/2 hours why not make it 4 and have a real home field advantage?

Or... the SUNY Cortland Stadium is only 35 miles away and by the looks of it we could truck in 10K worth of portable bleachers.

179285.jpg

Wonder if it's possible to build a temporary field at the fair grounds. Put in 25,000-30,000 temporary bleachers.

I don't really be care where we play during a Dome Reno I just hope they announce something soon because this program is desperate for ANY good news about anything to distract us and recruits from the free-fall football is currently in.

Scooch said:
Or... the SUNY Cortland Stadium is only 35 miles away and by the looks of it we could truck in 10K worth of portable bleachers.

Won't happen but cortland is soooo much easier than Cornell or Ithaca to get to.

Won't happen but cortland is soooo much easier than Cornell or Ithaca to get to.

For sure, I was just kidding. If they really end up playing a season away from Syracuse there aren't any good options. Given the trajectory of the program right now playing at the Ralph means playing in front of 15K. Maybe. I wouldn't blame anyone in CNY or beyond for completely punting on that season. Driving 2 1/2 hours to Buffalo?

They could play night games at the Fairgrounds and we could all bring our cars and surround the field with lights. Come on we've all done it.

Does anyone have a visual of what 81 is going to become?

You can be patient for someone else...but only give Shafer 2 years...hmm makes sense.
First off this is SS third year not his second year. Second I would have confidence we would actually do a real search for a HC this time instead of a 48 hour hiring from within. Third if you give another year 6-6 won't be enough and with no home games it gives the new staff a complete honeymoon year. Keeping SS next year is not smart unless we show improvement and win some of these last 4 games.

First off this is SS third year not his second year. Second I would have confidence we would actually do a real search for a HC this time instead of a 48 hour hiring from within. Third if you give another year 6-6 won't be enough and with no home games it gives the new staff a complete honeymoon year. Keeping SS next year is not smart unless we show improvement and win some of these last 4 games.
Some logical candidates might hesitate at the thought of playing the whole first year on the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom