Don’t let anyone tell you that Cuse isn’t in the tier right below the Blue Bloods | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don’t let anyone tell you that Cuse isn’t in the tier right below the Blue Bloods

Fair enough, and not to belabor the obvious, but I'm a Mets fan...and could care less about the Yankees championships.
What's there to wrap our heads around? They won when they had the opportunity- good on them.
Would I love to have their 4? Well, duh!
But...it is what it is, and the Mutts still suck. That is all.
Woo pig Sooie?

Woo pig Sooie!!

They should come up with a system similar to the World Golf Rankings where recent success is weighted more than prior success. Maybe your points lose 10% of their value every 5 years and everything after 50 years is just ancient history.

Depending on your definition we are a blue blood
#1 for fan support and attendance most overall successful Big East program when we were in it we sure are.

Kills me when I read participation trophy posts on here.

Hope Red kills it. Lville is in the gutter UNC might have similar deep issues and will lose a ton and I think Duke just won’t have as much talent next year. Ditto UVA.

If he has Judah and JJ we need to be good. At the very least play our first ranked game as an ACC team in a decade. If that means recruiting over every wing with someone from the portal I’m all for it.

They should come up with a system similar to the World Golf Rankings where recent success is weighted more than prior success. Maybe your points lose 10% of their value every 5 years and everything after 50 years is just ancient history.
Makes sense and that's sort of how I look at the whole tier thing and how programs stack up against each other. I don't care about what a team did before I was born (I'm 52 by the way). Now if you're comparing programs historically, then fine, count championships back to Naismith. However, I'm not sure what that really tells you. I'm more interested in something like a 20 year window. Anything more than that and the kids actually playing the game weren't even born and isn't much relevant today.

Not sure how we’re a tier above Michigan, Arizona, UConn or Nova
UConn, Michigan and Nova have an argument to be above us, but not Arizona.

Woo pig Sooie?

Woo pig Sooie!!
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors