Don't be surprised ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don't be surprised ...

Syracuse beats Clemson.

Clemson beats Wake Forest.

Georgia Tech beats UVA.

3 road wins. What could go wrong?

Oh and Pitt wins out their home games.
All three things are possible. Clemson is better than Wake. UVA is playing terribly.

Is it likely? No. But it isn't as though we need Duke & UNC to lose to Boston College & Louisville.

a team with a short rotation doesnt need to play a rested top 4 acc off a hard fought game

doublebuy is ideal...unless you have an inferiority complex...

best chance to win the tourney is a double buy...and that should be the goal.
I don't buy into your buy or even your doublebuy. But I would a single bye or double bye. BYE BYE. ;)

I don't buy into your buy or even your doublebuy. But I would a single bye or double bye. BYE BYE. ;)

I'll see yours, and raise you one.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
That is why I said "could" and not "would." I guess reading comprehension is still a learned art.
Tale as old as time 'round these parts

yeah but beating a lower seed (which wont help anything)...getting tired from that game...and having to play an actual good team that is rested, meanwhile you have just played a game the day before with a short bench is recipe for a loss not a recipe for getting into the tourney

if you think this team can win 4 games in 4 days...good luck...

best bet is to play as a top seed and get a lower team that is tired and go far in the tourney

i get what youre thinking but I dont think that scenario is realistic or even as beneficial as simply being a top 4 seed and doing well from there

in other words, i think it will be actually easier to do well as a top seed than as a worse seed.
Fair enough.

I think there are two camps on this board. One, which is the one you're in which is essentially looking for the best way to win the acc tournament. Therefore, this camp wants the best seed possible.

The other camp, where I reside, does think one more win (after beating clemson of course) could be the tipping point to getting in the ncaa tourney. Therefore, this camp would like one easier game before having to match up against a team that could very likely result in a loss. I don't think that first game would be considered strongly, but I certainly believe it counts for something.

Fair enough.

I think there are two camps on this board. One, which is the one you're in which is essentially looking for the best way to win the acc tournament. Therefore, this camp wants the best seed possible.

The other camp, where I reside, does think one more win (after beating clemson of course) could be the tipping point to getting in the ncaa tourney. Therefore, this camp would like one easier game before having to match up against a team that could very likely result in a loss. I don't think that first game would be considered strongly, but I certainly believe it counts for something.
well beating lousiville saw the team lose NET ranking --- so i dont think beating them again is going to have nay benefit

i could get more on-board with you if the depth hadnt been decimated by injuries etc

this is not a deep team...its actually amazing that the depth hasnt factored into recent games much, imo

but the issue is still there. which is another reason I want to try and win the tourney with 3 wins and not try to squeeze out a 4th game win vs a worse team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom