Don't be surprised ... | Syracusefan.com

Don't be surprised ...

cto

Administrator
... but we are currently in 4th place if the ACC. If we beat Clemson, I think we could finish the regular season there (meaning a double bye in the ACCT)

... but we are currently in 4th place if the ACC. If we beat Clemson, I think we could finish the regular season there (meaning a double bye in the ACCT)
It’s not that simple.. assuming Cuse wins out, Wake needs to lose a game, or if Wake wins out, then Pitt needs to also win out. There’s a chance, but the variables make it far from a certainty.

I read here that that is a fireable offense.

Or at least would make us reconsider Red’s hire.

While I really like the prospect of finishing fourth, I'd actually rather not so we can get another win in the acc tournament on Wed against a team we should beat. Beat Clemson tomorrow and another in the acc tournament and I like our chances.

While I really like the prospect of finishing fourth, I'd actually rather not so we can get another win in the acc tournament on Wed against a team we should beat. Beat Clemson tomorrow and another in the acc tournament and I like our chances.
a team with a short rotation doesnt need to play a rested top 4 acc off a hard fought game

doublebuy is ideal...unless you have an inferiority complex...

best chance to win the tourney is a double buy...and that should be the goal.

If we win tomorrow and WF loses one of their two home games we will finish fourth. If we lose tomorrow, we can drop to seventh. We can’t finish third. We can tie Virginia, but they win the tie breaker by their win against us.

If we win tomorrow and WF loses one of their two home games we will finish fourth. If we lose tomorrow, we can drop to seventh. We can’t finish third. We can tie Virginia, but they win the tie breaker by their win against us.
Not if Pitt win out, then we win the three way tie breaker.

You are incorrect. We can still get 3rd. Not likely but still mathematically possible.
IMG_3708.jpeg
IMG_3709.jpeg

But would that win really mean much considering the opponent we'd be playing? It's not just quantity, but also quality.

That is why I said "could" and not "would." I guess reading comprehension is still a learned art.
As is grace, but I guess a holier than thou attitude is the easier and lazier path. While I can appreciate the ambiguity of your word choice, why stop there.. Syracuse could make the NCAA tourney and could win the NCAA tourney.

I merely laid out the things that would need to happen in order for your statement to hold true. While a thank you would have sufficed, instead you thought it prudent to challenge my intelligence. Bravo.

I don't know Miami seems to have packed it in. We should beat both I guess.
Yeah, I tend to agree. That said, probably the most important thing with any bottom feeder team is getting out to an early lead and not allowing them to feel into the game. We were able to do this against Louisville, although the first couple of minutes, it really looked like we were inviting them to take a lead.

My goal and most people's goal is to get into the ncaa tournament. That is priority 1.
yeah but beating a lower seed (which wont help anything)...getting tired from that game...and having to play an actual good team that is rested, meanwhile you have just played a game the day before with a short bench is recipe for a loss not a recipe for getting into the tourney

if you think this team can win 4 games in 4 days...good luck...

best bet is to play as a top seed and get a lower team that is tired and go far in the tourney

i get what youre thinking but I dont think that scenario is realistic or even as beneficial as simply being a top 4 seed and doing well from there

in other words, i think it will be actually easier to do well as a top seed than as a worse seed.

What is this sorcery?

Syracuse beats Clemson.

Clemson beats Wake Forest.

Georgia Tech beats UVA.

3 road wins. What could go wrong?

Oh and Pitt wins out their home games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics