Don't get too excited, yet | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Don't get too excited, yet

If the implication is that I was being "dismissive" of our ACC record then I guess you should re-read my post. So I guess by expressing the slightest bit of tempered enthusiasm, beware because you must be a terrible fan lol.

“Wet blanket”, “buzzkill”, “Debbie Downer”...maybe.
But terrible fan? Never! ;)

Last edited:
Can we just go back to 26 regular season games. Those 5 extra just drag things out.

This sentiment, in part, is why I'm married to my wife...balance. I watched that VPI v. State game and my thinking was... you watch, they won't miss a frigging thing when we play them. :)
exactly what my husband said when we saw the final score!

Baby listen without thinking you better obey without demands
Now don't get edgy and don't start blinking and don't start making any plans
You try to reach a vital part of me
My interest level's dropping rapidly
It's all excuses baby all a stall
We just don't get excited
Don't get excited
No, don't get excited
Don't get excited

I think a key will be winning our two home games this week. A Florida State win would be huge. I believe it would be a q1 win? That would put us at 9-2. I think and hope we’d can go 1-1 against NC state and Louisville. I think we have a chance to beat one of Duke, Virginia or UNC, but say we go 0-3 there. Then we just have to beat Wake and Clemson on the road to get to 12-6. I think that’s doable. But we’ll probably end up beating someone we shouldn’t and losing to someone we shouldn’t, so it probably won’t play out exactly this way.

It's ok for you to be excited.

Best post of the night?(week/month/year/decade/ever...not joing...simply wish to lend you an invitaton to think).

Last edited:
Best post of the night?(week/month/year/decade/ever...not joing...simply wish to lend you an invitaton to think).
I'm amazed that I was called out for being a little logical that's all. 6 of our 7 wins were against teams with now a combined record of 10-35, and the big win against Duke, although impressive, probably doesn't happen if they aren't missing two of their top 4 players. We need to enter the meat of this schedule before we start thinking we're dancing. We're still in a decent position to do that, but man the Va Tech and Fl St games are not good signs.

I’m still confident. Can win our next 3 for sure if we get ourselves together.

I’m still confident. Can win our next 3 for sure if we get ourselves together.
My hope at minimum is that we take the BC game and then split the next two after that (@NC State, Louisville). I think that jives w most all of us here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom