dont shoot the messenger | Syracusefan.com

dont shoot the messenger

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
besides corey cooper who wont make it to campus in the fall. i was told wayne williams did not finish up his juco stuff and will not be making here till january

I knew that awhile back. Didnt want to mentioned it because I know everyone is so excited about him including me.

Very disappointing news. At least DT is a position we know the team is solid at.

besides corey cooper who wont make it to campus in the fall. i was told wayne williams did not finish up his juco stuff and will not be making here till january

man that sucks - how can you not finish up your juco stuff knowing you need it to play? I really don't understand some of these kids and how they just piss away opportunities

man that sucks - how can you not finish up your juco stuff knowing you need it to play? I really don't understand some of these kids and how they just piss away opportunities

they are kids!! They don't think like you or have the life experience like you. Plus many grew up in unconventional families and don't have the support around them to keep them on the right path.

they are kids!! They don't think like you or have the life experience like you. Plus many grew up in unconventional families and don't have the support around them to keep them on the right path.
exactly right my man

Is there nothing he can do over the summer to finish up? Most JUCO's have a wide array of summer classes.

It seems we have a lot of issues with kids from NYC. He didnt play football last year and should have focused more on his studies.

exactly right my man

Or they could just be lazy? :(

I have no insight why Wayne didnt finish up so i could not speculate why in his specific situation, but didn't he have Ishaq's dad as a mentor of sorts? You would think someone has been in his ear (i d venture the staff at Syracuse as well) about making sure he got it done in the classroom.

It's a shame. Hope he finishes everything out this fall and comes ready to contribute in January. He has a great opportunity.

Not everybody gets it done.
Not everyone belongs in college. Its a shame the courts mandate a course of action that has nothing to do with the field someone wants to pursue.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I grew up like me, a very conventional family, lots of support, and still pissed away a lot of opportunities. It happens when you're 18-25. Sometimes later.

Where was the coaching staff or his parents the last year? It's one thing to blame it on his youth but I would think the coaching staff would know by now to follow up with kids.

Maybe a stupid question, but he will have three years of eligibility and be able to play three full seasons in Orange, starting in the 2014-2015 season, correct?

Maybe a stupid question, but he will have three years of eligibility and be able to play three full seasons in Orange, starting in the 2014-2015 season, correct?

His 5 year clock started in 2011.

He played at ASA in 2011, and redshirted in 2012. 2013 will be a lost year, and he'll have 2014 and 2015 remaining.

His 5 year clock started in 2011.

He played at ASA in 2011, and redshirted in 2012. 2013 will be a lost year, and he'll have 2014 and 2015 remaining.

That sucks. This will hurt his development in a big way.

Where was the coaching staff or his parents the last year? It's one thing to blame it on his youth but I would think the coaching staff would know by now to follow up with kids.
...and the staff didn't know according to whom?

Not everyone belongs in college. Its a shame the courts mandate a course of action that has nothing to do with the field someone wants to pursue.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

If he doesn't want to - or isn't capable of - get it done in college, then he should just go play professional football. Of course there is a VERY good chance he is not good enough to make it in the NFL. So that college work becomes pretty damn important.

That's not good at all. Our DL is very unproven except Bromley. Lot of players will be counted on who will have zero to little experience. When a position is unproven, having as many options as possible increases the likelihood that some will step up and make the position successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom