Class of 2015 - Donte DiVincenzo | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Donte DiVincenzo

Since I am the one who said he was looking bored, it's not a slight against him. All the recruits do for the most part, it's just the way it is. It was nothing disrespectful or anything like that. Nerlens Noel looked absolutely miserable. I know he want to UK, all i'm saying is it just seems to be part of "the look" to have.
UK fans said he looked miserable as well for that trip. So Nerlens was bored everywhere except for the parties after I would guess lol.

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate and respect them. I however stand by my comments. I want players to who want to play for Syracuse period, I'm sorry if that offends anyone. Had I heard that anecdote about Carmelo I would have felt the same way then - zero doubt about it. I will admit though, that I would have overlooked that in Carmelo if I were clairvoyant and knew we'd win a championship; but I'm not and would have felt the same had I heard that then. I have also heard my comments said 100 times by different people on this board, as far as ranking prospects by preference. As for the tone of my comment, I own that too. If my comments get google searched and a recruit decides not to come to Syracuse because a fan commenting on a fan message board then I would argue he didn't want to come in the first place.

I have said this before and I will say it again now. I have tremendous respect for our staff and if they feel this kid is worth a scholarship than he is worth it in my opinion as well. Doesn't mean I don't have my own wishlist.

If you or anyone else has an issue with anything I've said in this post I would be interested to hear those thoughts. Maybe I'm just not cut out for fan message boards cause I keep it too real?
Always keep it real

For a state of only 700K, we Delawareans have been pretty good to Syracuse. Derrell and Jerome Smith, now Cooney. Let's not be hating on the First State!
Let's not forget Isaiah Johnson.

Lets not forget these are 16-18 yr. old kids trying to make the biggest decision of their life to this point, with people pulling at them from all corners. I would also tend to read " bored " more as " poker faced" in these circumstances.

@PaulBiancardi Who are the next Syracuse targets for Class of 2015?#AskCoachB

— David Hart (@DHartGiants) December 30, 2013

The Orangemen have done an excellent job at targeting underclassmen. The recently landed ESPN No. 12 Malachi Richardson (Hamilton, N.J./Trenton Catholic Academy) is an outstanding shooter with excellent size and incredible overall polish for a young prospect. Also committed is power forward Tyler Lydon (Pine Plains, N.Y. /New Hampton School).

ESPN No. 19 small forward Derrick Jones (Philadelphia/Archbishop Carroll High School) is a dynamic athlete and finisher who plays at the rim. They are also heavily involved and in the final six schools for Donte DiVincenzo (Wilmington, Del./Salesianum School) He is an AAU teammate of Richardson and they both play for Team Final.

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop1m
BREAKING: 2015 Salesianum (DE) guard Donte Divincenzo has committed to Villanova.

We got our #1 option at SG in Richardson. Donte probably made a good decision to go somewhere else, where playing time will be easier to get. Nova got a good one. I hope he does well there.

Franklin Howard would be much better for the orange. I was never really too high on Donte.
As long as he can really mold into a true combo guard. Howard is the better player but seems like we were still in on Donte because he's already able to play pg instead of just working on it.

Not to toot my own horn but I called this one a couple months ago. Funny thing, though, is that my gut feeling was based on his name sounding like a Nova guy.

Not gonna lie, wanted to see him in Orange... on to the next one

As long as he can really mold into a true combo guard. Howard is the better player but seems like we were still in on Donte because he's already able to play pg instead of just working on it.

That's true but seeing how far gbinije came with the staff in just a year pg wise is very encouraging.

This kid has this year, next, and then little pressure his freshman year if he (Howard) decides to commit.

SU will still have Cooney, Joseph, possibly Ennis (doubtful), Richardson, Patterson, Johnson and Gbinije.

Last edited:
Always thought this kid was going to be a very good one. Really wanted him for Syracuse.

The reason Nova has done what they've done -- along with being very well coached -- is they've gotten the kids that Syracuse used to get.

Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson, Andy Rautins, Brandon Triche. Guys who could play right away and develop into very good college players, but didn't have the NBA upside like we have with Battle/Brissett/Grant/Ennis.

Nova has a couple of those guys, too -- Bridges is a projected lottery pick, but he's in his fourth year of college.

Here's hoping we can get back to getting similar guys that stick around and can contribute for a lengthy period of time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom