Class of 2015 - Donte DiVincenzo | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Donte DiVincenzo

Always thought this kid was going to be a very good one. Really wanted him for Syracuse.

The reason Nova has done what they've done -- along with being very well coached -- is they've gotten the kids that Syracuse used to get.

Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson, Andy Rautins, Brandon Triche. Guys who could play right away and develop into very good college players, but didn't have the NBA upside like we have with Battle/Brissett/Grant/Ennis.

Nova has a couple of those guys, too -- Bridges is a projected lottery pick, but he's in his fourth year of college.

Here's hoping we can get back to getting similar guys that stick around and can contribute for a lengthy period of time.
I'm not so sure that we missed out on Donte as much as we chose someone else. I think when we got Malachi way back then, Donte decided not to come for a visit that was possibly in the works? So we didn't get Donte, but Malachi did get us to the Final 4. That counts for something

I'm not so sure that we missed out on Donte as much as we chose someone else. I think when we got Malachi way back then, Donte decided not to come for a visit that was possibly in the works? So we didn't get Donte, but Malachi did get us to the Final 4. That counts for something

Not really my point. Whether we got him or not, he’s the type of guy we had been getting prior to the sanctions & prior to whiffing on about 5-6 recruits.

Need to get more like him to fill 6-7-8-9 out on the roster.

Not really my point. Whether we got him or not, he’s the type of guy we had been getting prior to the sanctions & prior to whiffing on about 5-6 recruits.

Need to get more like him to fill 6-7-8-9 out on the roster.

Let's hop in the TARDIS and go back and offer this dude, stat!! :rolleyes:

Always thought this kid was going to be a very good one. Really wanted him for Syracuse.

The reason Nova has done what they've done -- along with being very well coached -- is they've gotten the kids that Syracuse used to get.

Scoop Jardine, Rick Jackson, Andy Rautins, Brandon Triche. Guys who could play right away and develop into very good college players, but didn't have the NBA upside like we have with Battle/Brissett/Grant/Ennis.

Nova has a couple of those guys, too -- Bridges is a projected lottery pick, but he's in his fourth year of college.

Here's hoping we can get back to getting similar guys that stick around and can contribute for a lengthy period of time.

But, but how can this be? His age trumps his talent, so how can the NBA types even consider him being such a lofty pic in his elder state, let alone the lottery? ;)

But, but how can this be? His age trumps his talent, so how can the NBA types even consider him being such a lofty pic in his elder state, let alone the lottery? ;)

QTNA. If you're good, the NBA will find you. Buddy Hield was a senior and went lottery. No one is patient anymore.

QTNA. If you're good, the NBA will find you. Buddy Hield was a senior and went lottery. No one is patient anymore.

He was the Wooden Award and the Naismith Award winner, a first team all American, and Big 12 POY. And he was still drafted ony sixth and behind three freshmen.

Kid is a monster. Makes the right play, makes the right shot. Rautins-esque. No fear.

Kid is a monster. Makes the right play, makes the right shot. Rautins-esque. No fear.

With much greater athleticism, explosion, and better handle. But yeah he does eveything Andy did. VERY impressive.

T
Lol.
Ok nostradamus im sure you’ve had your slip ups too

Frank’s an all ACC defensive player and a double digit scorer. I dont feel that bad.

T
Ok nostradamus im sure you’ve had your slip ups too

Frank’s an all ACC defensive player and a double digit scorer. I dont feel that bad.

No harm. I would have done the same regardless who the poster is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom