Class of 2015 - Donte DiVincenzo | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Donte DiVincenzo

Answer: Rutgers
Question: Which one doesn't belong?
celebrityjeopardysnl.jpg

Would be an embarrassment of riches if we get Donte, but what the hey, why not? I think he would love to pair up with his buddy Malachi...

If this visit was coordinated, then there is legitimate interest and I'd say Ennis is viewed as a two-year player. Donte would be needed to back-up sophomore Joseph.

If this visit was coordinated, then there is legitimate interest and I'd say Ennis is viewed as a two-year player. Donte would be needed to back-up sophomore Joseph.

dead on . JB loves combo guards. It's hard to recruit elite pg's to play back up for 2 or 3 years so combo guards like Donte are essential

I hope he goes to Nova, don't want him. Bryant and Jones/Diange/Silva in 2015. Tyus Battle or bust in 2016.

Someone claimed to see him last weekend looking bored. Stay off my team.

I hope he goes to Nova, don't want him. Bryant and Jones/Diange/Silva in 2015. Tyus Battle or bust in 2016.

If Ennis leaves after this season or next, we will absolutely need another ball hander. This is where Donte comes in.

Not trying to stir anything up, but I find the 1st & last sentences of this to be in poor taste. Let's remember that this is a public forum & that our posts are only a Google search away from recruits or their families/friends/coaches. This kids DOES have an offer from our staff, after all. It's okay to express opinion, just maybe word it better. I've enjoyed many of your posts, this one just irked me a bit.

(Steps off soap box)

FYI, I go to quite a few hoops games each year & always check out the visiting recruits' section. I recall once seeing a potential recruit appear to be "too cool" to show any excitement or emotion during the game while constantly on his cell phone (at least during the few times I glanced with my binoculars). His name was Carmelo Anthony.

Not trying to stir anything up, but I find the 1st & last sentences of this to be in poor taste. Let's remember that this is a public forum & that our posts are only a Google search away from recruits or their families/friends/coaches. This kids DOES have an offer from our staff, after all. It's okay to express opinion, just maybe word it better. I've enjoyed many of your posts, this one just irked me a bit.

(Steps off soap box)

FYI, I go to quite a few hoops games each year & always check out the visiting recruits' section. I recall once seeing a potential recruit appear to be "too cool" to show any excitement or emotion during the game while constantly on his cell phone (at least during the few times I glanced with my binoculars). His name was Carmelo Anthony.
EXCELLENT POST!!!!! All should read this and abide by it!!!

(Steps off soap box)

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate and respect them. I however stand by my comments. I want players to who want to play for Syracuse period, I'm sorry if that offends anyone. Had I heard that anecdote about Carmelo I would have felt the same way then - zero doubt about it. I will admit though, that I would have overlooked that in Carmelo if I were clairvoyant and knew we'd win a championship; but I'm not and would have felt the same had I heard that then. I have also heard my comments said 100 times by different people on this board, as far as ranking prospects by preference. As for the tone of my comment, I own that too. If my comments get google searched and a recruit decides not to come to Syracuse because a fan commenting on a fan message board then I would argue he didn't want to come in the first place.

I have said this before and I will say it again now. I have tremendous respect for our staff and if they feel this kid is worth a scholarship than he is worth it in my opinion as well. Doesn't mean I don't have my own wishlist.

If you or anyone else has an issue with anything I've said in this post I would be interested to hear those thoughts. Maybe I'm just not cut out for fan message boards cause I keep it too real?

Thank you for your thoughts, I appreciate and respect them. I however stand by my comments. I want players to who want to play for Syracuse period, I'm sorry if that offends anyone. Had I heard that anecdote about Carmelo I would have felt the same way then - zero doubt about it. I will admit though, that I would have overlooked that in Carmelo if I were clairvoyant and knew we'd win a championship; but I'm not and would have felt the same had I heard that then. I have also heard my comments said 100 times by different people on this board, as far as ranking prospects by preference. As for the tone of my comment, I own that too. If my comments get google searched and a recruit decides not to come to Syracuse because a fan commenting on a fan message board then I would argue he didn't want to come in the first place.

I have said this before and I will say it again now. I have tremendous respect for our staff and if they feel this kid is worth a scholarship than he is worth it in my opinion as well. Doesn't mean I don't have my own wishlist.

If you or anyone else has an issue with anything I've said in this post I would be interested to hear those thoughts. Maybe I'm just not cut out for fan message boards cause I keep it too real?
I appreciate keeping it real and having different views than others. Be true to yourself and if somebody doesn't like it or feel differently, then those views can be discussed in an adult matter like what just happened above.

Last edited:

Go set some picks and direct traffic in the zone Craig - that's what you do best. We wouldn't have the 2003 ring without you.

Since I am the one who said he was looking bored, it's not a slight against him. All the recruits do for the most part, it's just the way it is. It was nothing disrespectful or anything like that. Nerlens Noel looked absolutely miserable. I know he want to UK, all i'm saying is it just seems to be part of "the look" to have.