Doug Marrone | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

I thought Nassib should have started.
Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m not going to lie though, you sound a bit like a petulant child arguing out of a corner. Paulus did fine and Nassib benefited from the year on the sidelines.

Good coaches make those calls.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’m not going to lie though, you sound a bit like a petulant child arguing out of a corner. Paulus did fine and Nassib benefited from the year on the sidelines.
I'm not going to lie, I couldn't care less what it sounds like to you. Paulus really had no arm. He wouldn't help us this year. And maybe you didn't read where I said that everyone is free to want Doug back. I don't care. I hope he isn't the next coach but you are free to think anything you want. Sounds like you are a petulant child.

I'm not going to lie, I couldn't care less what it sounds like to you. Paulus really had no arm. he wouldn't help us this year.

Yeah, I didn’t say he would. Youre losing the thread here man. Paulus was a means to the end in 2009. He did fine in a bad situation and gave Nassib time to grow. What are you arguing about?

Greg Paulus
Ryan Nassib
Charlie Loeb
Terrel Hunt

I would take any of them over Devito

7on7 isnt real football
I don't believe he brought Nassib in. I'm almost positive he didn't. Loeb? Really? Hunt? No. Paulus is close but he wouldn't help either.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn’t say he would. Youre losing the thread here man. Paulus was a means to the end in 2009. He did fine in a bad situation, and gave Nassib tome to grow. What are you arguing about?
I'm not arguing. I don't want Marrone back. Period. You can want him back. I was not overly impressed with Paulus. Weak arm. Tough kid. You responded to me for some reason.

I'm not arguing. I don't want Marrone back. Period. You can want him back. I was not overly impressed with Paulus. Weak arm. Tough kid. You responded to me for some reason.

I said Paulus wasn’t a bad quarterback. He was also recruited by Marrone. We weren’t talking about which Marrone QB would help us this year.

Yeah, I didn’t say he would. Youre losing the thread here man. Paulus was a means to the end in 2009. He did fine in a bad situation and gave Nassib time to grow. What are you arguing about?

I said Paulus wasn’t a bad quarterback. He was also recruited by Marrone. We weren’t talking about which Marrone QB would help us this year.
Well, you keep responding so I will add that we went 1-6 in the old Big East that year. He wasn't a good QB. My opinion. You are entitled to think whatever you want. Seems you are digging yourself in a corner. and if he wouldn't help us THIS year, how good could he have been? It isn't a high bar we have right now.

Doug’s not coming back to the college game for all of king midas’s gold.

i’d give anything though
See that's why the narrative is bunk. People just say it now without even knowing. He's at Alabama as OL coach. You better believe he is out recruiting

100% Nassib would help us this year but I think any of the qbs above coached by marrone > devito coached by Babers

marrone could make chicken salad out of chicken zhit. Babers needed Dungey to hero ball for 2/3 a season to have a winning record once in 5 years.

It’s worth repeating Marrone got to the AFC championship with Blake Bortles. Beat McDermott’s Bills, boat raced the Steelers and was a drive from beating the Pats.

100% Nassib would help us this year but I think any of the qbs above coached by marrone > devito coached by Babers

marrone could make chicken salad out of chicken . Babers needed Dungey to hero ball for 2/3 a season to have a winning record once in 5 years.

It’s worth repeating Marrone got to the AFC championship with Blake Bortles. Beat McDermott’s Bills, boat raced the Steelers and was a drive from beating the Pats.
That was a fantastic defense. How about the other three years?

You are wrong and just being stubborn.
That is your opinion. I am happy to let that go at that. You want to argue with me. To answer my question since you won't, he had three straight losing seasons. You think he is a really good coach. Do you believe he will get another Head Coaching job in the NFL? Granted, neither of us know if he would want one. But would he get offered one?

See that's why the narrative is bunk. People just say it now without even knowing. He's at Alabama as OL coach. You better believe he is out recruiting
Point being its not happening for us.

That is your opinion. I am happy to let that go at that. You want to argue with me. To answer my question since you won't, he had three straight losing seasons. You think he is a really good coach. Do you believe he will get another Head Coaching job in the NFL? Granted, neither of us know if he would want one. But would he get offered one?

Yes I do. If he wanted it.

A lot of people here said he never would again after the way he left the Bills. But he did. And given the right situation I think he would again.

That was a fantastic defense. How about the other three years?
Do your families have an ancient grudge against one another? Marrone has some great accomplishments. He did well coaching poor QB recruits. Ryan Nassib—a GRob Recruit—was a 2 star recruit for Christ’s sake. Think he gets drafted with GRob at the helm? Shafer? No. Marrone got that done.

Doug is my first choice. I doubt he gets another NFL chance it comes down to his ego and whether he wants something bigger college wise or a very high paying coordinator gig in the NFL.

Do your families have an ancient grudge against one another? Marrone has some great accomplishments. He did well coaching poor QB recruits. Ryan Nassib—a GRob Recruit—was a 2 star recruit for Christ’s sake. Think he gets drafted with GRob at the helm? Shafer? No. Marrone got that done.

We’re both just stubborn af. Why do you think we’re still SU fans?

You are making this personal. LOL It isn't for me. I don't know Doug. I don't dislike Doug. Truth be told, I was proud that a SU guy was coaching in the NFL. I root for every Syracuse guy. I don't put him on the Mount Rushmore of anything. I think he is a okay coach. Nothing special. His record says as much. You think he is better than that and that is okay with me. For some reason, you want me to think higher of him than I do. I don't. I don't see it as a big deal. I'm not arguing about anything. Ozcuse, who I like as a poster, insults me right from the jump. It is strange.

Sign me up for Doug Marrone any day. Loved him. And he was successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom