Doug Marrone | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being the best at SU in the last 20 years is akin to bragging about being the tallest midget ...
Not the preferred nomenclature
The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

Everything I say you are trying to rebute. You keep changing narratives and talking about stuff that I am not taking about. Its weird to me.

As far as other members here. No one is forcing you to talk about Marrone. If it bothers you so much then don't read their responses. Push the ignore button.
I'm changing narratives? Not at all. I am addressing what you said as it comes. I never said no one is forcing me to talk about Marrone its a message board to express opinion, at least last I looked it was. So me rebuting what you say as you say it is changing narratives now? Listen, you can feel however you wish, ultimately we want to look back on his time here fondly and why not he had two winning seasons. The following also applies during his tenure:

He had 4 of the 9 weakest schedules since 2000 which helps generating wins, not my statistic check sports-reference.

Marrone was cited as this mastermind planner who was great with adjustments yet he was outscored 26 times after half ... 21 times he scored more .. 3 ties.

Marrone had 4 wins in his tenure vs AP top 25 teams which is very respectable .. he had WVUs number since two of those wins were against the Mountaineers. 4-5 against the top 25 which is pretty solid, however Shafer squared off against 12 of them in only 3 seasons not 4. Marrone did have some favorable schedules during his tenure which allowed him to sustain some success. Dino has played 19 ranked opponents in 6 seasons so this favored Marrone.

He also walked into a program that while not deep had 8 players from the 2009 team that ended up in the NFL. The 2013 edition the year after he left had 5 ... by Shafers 3rd year there was only 1, there were solid players and decent depth but some of the guys on that 2009 team were supremely good and drove a few of his teams, the cupboard was bare after that ... and Shafer didn't do himself any favors not recruiting well either.

I've been watching this team for over 35 years, I live and die with every game just like every other fan. I had the honor and privilege to be a student there for 4 years while McNabb was running the team and loved every minute of it. I see that 2004-2016 period differently then some and I'm not sure why that is a terrible thing. Honestly I want every coach that comes here to succeed but I also look at things objectively. Me personally I love Dino as a man and think he is of high character but he also has his flaws, there is no way around it. I want this team to get to double digit wins, go to a bowl and return to a time like the 90s.

Nobody is implying you're angry for some reason...it's blatantly obvious.
If you say so ... I'm glad you are an expert at deriving tone from text, for some I guess its easier than others LOL.

I'm changing narratives? Not at all. I am addressing what you said as it comes. I never said no one is forcing me to talk about Marrone its a message board to express opinion, at least last I looked it was. So me rebuting what you say as you say it is changing narratives now? Listen, you can feel however you wish, ultimately we want to look back on his time here fondly and why not he had two winning seasons. The following also applies during his tenure:

He had 4 of the 9 weakest schedules since 2000 which helps generating wins, not my statistic check sports-reference.

Marrone was cited as this mastermind planner who was great with adjustments yet he was outscored 26 times after half ... 21 times he scored more .. 3 ties.

Marrone had 4 wins in his tenure vs AP top 25 teams which is very respectable .. he had WVUs number since two of those wins were against the Mountaineers. 4-5 against the top 25 which is pretty solid, however Shafer squared off against 12 of them in only 3 seasons not 4. Marrone did have some favorable schedules during his tenure which allowed him to sustain some success. Dino has played 19 ranked opponents in 6 seasons so this favored Marrone.

He also walked into a program that while not deep had 8 players from the 2009 team that ended up in the NFL. The 2013 edition the year after he left had 5 ... by Shafers 3rd year there was only 1, there were solid players and decent depth but some of the guys on that 2009 team were supremely good and drove a few of his teams, the cupboard was bare after that ... and Shafer didn't do himself any favors not recruiting well either.

I've been watching this team for over 35 years, I live and die with every game just like every other fan. I had the honor and privilege to be a student there for 4 years while McNabb was running the team and loved every minute of it. I see that 2004-2016 period differently then some and I'm not sure why that is a terrible thing. Honestly I want every coach that comes here to succeed but I also look at things objectively. Me personally I love Dino as a man and think he is of high character but he also has his flaws, there is no way around it. I want this team to get to double digit wins, go to a bowl and return to a time like the 90s.
I appreciate passionate fans but I just have a different lense that I look through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom