Doug Marrone | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone

Status
Not open for further replies.

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Does anyone know for sure what his situation is, what he aspires to do next, how much he truly loved or hating at SU.
Was it facilities, admin, money for his staff etc?

I feel like people hint that he was a problem to deal with but does anyone really know?

My point is JW needs to flesh this out if we are moving on from Dino. Back date his contract so he’s paid more in years 3-4 after Dino is gone. Figure out innovative ways to make it work. I refuse to believe Schiano can go back to Rutgers and we can’t welcome back Marrone

Program needs a guy who can get results if Dino is gonzo

Does anyone know for sure what his situation is, what he aspires to do next, how much he truly loved or hating at SU.
Was it facilities, admin, money for his staff etc?

I feel like people hint that he was a problem to deal with but does anyone really know?

My point is JW needs to flesh this out if we are moving on from Dino. Back date his contract so he’s paid more in years 3-4 after Dino is gone. Figure out innovative ways to make it work. I refuse to believe Schiano can go back to Rutgers and we can’t welcome back Marrone

Program needs a guy who can get results if Dino is gonzo
The last 3 coaches at Syracuse were managed the way they were because of their personality, not their actual coaching ability. Syracuse is not going to due whatever it takes to win.

There seems to be an expectation that he will not be back as OL coach in Tuscaloosa next year. Maybe he becomes O’Brien’s OC if he gets a head job or he decides to go back to the nfl? I’d love if he came back here.

I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes but his OL has been arguably the worst one of the Saban era besides maybe Saban’s first year. Doesn’t make sense because I do think he’s a really good coach and it isn’t like the cupboard’s bare of talent down there.

Everyone keeps bringing up marrone but keep in mind in his 4th season the team was 3-4 and down big at the half against USF. I remember watching that game and thinking marrone was done. The team makes a comeback to even up their record then lost the next week cinci before winning the last 4.

My point is I don’t see Doug as a savior. Is he a good game week/day coach? Absolutely. I was always confident in that team coming off of a bye. I just can’t get too excited about a retread who left the program for greener pastures. I think there are candidates out there who would do an aml as good if not better job.

We need someone who can develop some type of innovative offensive identity. When the program has been successful on offense it’s because we did something no one else was doing at the time w a mobile QB. I think something like the 3-3-5 is the defensive version of that.

Hard pass. Coaching rehires fail more often than not. I liked Marrone and thought he was a solid head coach for us, but that was a different time. We’re not in the Big East anymore, the ACC is a different animal. If we’re going to rebuild again, we better bring in some new blood, and most importantly, we need an above average recruiter who has strong ties to the NE.

Doug was let go?
He left and left guns blazing. Coyle hated Shafer.
Doug wasn't supported because he was telling people the facts of the matter of what Syracuse had to do ASAP if they hoped to compete at the P5 level. He was probably too frank about the situation and it chaffed some people's butts. Should they have listened to him, absolutely.

Dino's teams have not performed up to the level we would have liked but they compete hard, especially on the defensive side of the ball. The offense has been hard to watch at times but with an off season of preparation I remain hopeful. Game in and game out the defense has been good and they are playing a lot of young players. A change in coaching would lead to the inevitable loss of some of our valued players which I don't look forward. Immediate help in the portal is every teams hope and could lead to a quick infusion of much needed talent. I recall that Dino has a handsome buyout clause which SU might not want to trigger until he completes his contract.

Doug wasn't supported because he was telling people the facts of the matter of what Syracuse had to do ASAP if they hoped to compete at the P5 level. He was probably too frank about the situation and it chaffed some people's butts. Should they have listened to him, absolutely.

In fairness to Doug he worked for idiots. I’ll leave it at that.

Hard pass. Coaching rehires fail more often than not. I liked Marrone and thought he was a solid head coach for us, but that was a different time. We’re not in the Big East anymore, the ACC is a different animal. If we’re going to rebuild again, we better bring in some new blood, and most importantly, we need an above average recruiter who has strong ties to the NE.
He coached at the highest level in the NFL and is now coaching for Nick Saban in the SEC but he wouldn't be able to crack the ACC, okay.

Marrone wasn’t let go and you said he was. You also have no idea what you’re talking about.

Marrone wasn’t let go and you said he was. You also have no idea what you’re talking about.
He asked for raises for his assistant coaches so they wouldn't be the most underpaid staff in the P5. He was told no.

Marrone bolted out of Syracuse.

He was not let go.

It’s popular to twist made-up scenarios to generate a truth, but my man, Marrone left on his own.
If you worked a high level position and were really producing strong results, and everytime you asked your managers for the tools you need to succeed and they said no, what would you do?

If you worked a high level position and were really producing strong results, and everytime you asked your managers for the tools you need to succeed and they said no, what would you do?
Marrone literally got a promotion.
He got an NFL HC job almost any college coach not at a factory would take a NFL HC job.

My god stop making stuff up.

Marrone was frustrated with the athletic department but the AD was aware he could leave when we did.
The fanbase at-large didn’t realize it but Dr. Gross knee.

Marrone left for a promotion and Gross went cheap to replace because his spending was being audited and he wanted to keep his job so he went cheap.
That screwed us.

Marrone was not let go. He quit.

Love the hill you are dying on, but…
He was allowed or even encouraged to quit. When your managing somebody who is doing a good job for you, you tell them that you are going to do everything you can to get what they are asking for.

You said he was let go. Wrong. And you have no clue about the inner workings of Marrone and SU.
So what is the story w Marrone?

You tell us what it isn’t what is the situation and why is he nuclear option for the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom