Draymond Green NOT a Red fan | Syracusefan.com

Draymond Green NOT a Red fan

Well I agree with Draymond as I was thinking the same thing. I don’t get it either. They have to have some set plays to get him some looks. It makes no sense why he just always sits there covered on the wing. That’s fine sometimes when you just want to create space for others but why can’t we have some friggin movement, screens and pick and roll too? But very glad to get the win.

Was mentioned elsewhere, its assumed Draymond knows Chris through his dad
He is spot on. Cuse needed to run more sets in the second half to get Bell open. Standing in the corner with a defender attached to him is exactly what NCST wanted. Regardless of Cuse not doing more to get him shots, Bell’s struggles to put the ball on the ground and drive the ball and lack of off ball cutting is partly to blame. Those deficiencies make it much easier for teams to face guard him and effectively take him out of the game (like NCST did in the 2nd half).

Part 2. Antics aside, Draymond is a really smart basketball mind. And he's not wrong. The NBA has so many smart basketball minds and really focus on pace and space. Not a ton of college teams do the same, which is why a lot of NBA guys hate watching college.

Coming into the season, I was expecting Straughn to have a bigger impact on the offense. Wasn't he brought in for recruiting and X's and O's?
And I am fine with it if his main role here is to recruit but, if that is the case, I think we need someone else as an assistant or an older guy like Martelli in an "analyst" role for schematic and other in-game stuff that takes awhile to learn. Think it could really help Red.

And I am fine with it if his main role here is to recruit but, if that is the case, I think we need someone else as an assistant or an older guy like Martelli in an "analyst" role for schematic and other in-game stuff that takes awhile to learn. Think it could really help Red.
I thought people were saying he was also good at X’s and O’s and bball analytics or something. I agree, we need an offensive coordinator like what Purdue does.

Clearly Draymond hasn’t seen Bell try and set a screen and I think some folks here are missing that too. The player has to be at least average at setting a screen to run that action and Bell is not. It’s an area of his game that also needs work. If he can improve there too he can have a field day with getting good looks.

Curious to read what plays people want us to run for Bell. I said this a few weeks ago, but he’s good at pop a shot. We tried to run some action for him early in the 2nd half and he missed pretty badly. He’s not Andy Rautins. He’s not going to make a lot coming off down screens on the move.

Last edited:
Curious what plays people want us to run for Bell. I said this a few weeks ago, but he’s good at pop a shot. We tried to run some action for him early in the 3nd half and he missed pretty badly. He’s not Andy Rautins. He’s not going to make a lot coming off down screens on the move.

Two sides to this:

In 20 mins of gameplay, Red has to be able to get Chris a few looks how he likes them.

On the flip side, Chris can’t set picks, can’t dribble more than twice, can’t come off screens to shoot.

He’s not entirely wrong with his comments about Bell I was baffled he didn’t get more shots in the second half

Two sides to this:

In 20 mins of gameplay, Red has to be able to get Chris a few looks how he likes them.

On the flip side, Chris can’t set picks, can’t dribble more than twice, can’t come off screens to shoot.

Which is why it sucks we don’t have that other forward to be able to do something so we can put Judah on the bench running through Q so he is running with JJ, Bell and another forward who can do more including stretch the floor. Taylor is a great hard working kid but is an 8th or 9th man at best.

Judah not having that outside shot as a threat while on the ball but also being such a streaky player as a distributor really bogs things down at times.

Curious what plays people want us to run for Bell. I said this a few weeks ago, but he’s good at pop a shot. We tried to run some action for him early in the 3nd half and he missed pretty badly. He’s not Andy Rautins. He’s not going to make a lot coming off down screens on the move.
Bell isn't equipped nor is the team to going start running pin downs for him to come of the screen and shoot contested catch and shoot 3's. He doesn't move great off the ball, never has. NC st defense was abysmal in first half and much better in 2nd half. He had a great open looks and he made them which was great. Nobody will ever confuse Bell with JJ Reddick or Jordan Hawkins when it comes to working to get open for catch and shoot 3's

he doesn't move well off ball. Pretty cut and dry.

Curious to read what plays people want us to run for Bell. I said this a few weeks ago, but he’s good at pop a shot. We tried to run some action for him early in the 2nd half and he missed pretty badly. He’s not Andy Rautins. He’s not going to make a lot coming off down screens on the move.
Bell starts every game and according to the box score I saw played all 40 minutes. He’s elite at one thing and below average (or worse) at anything else. I’m not sure there is anything else to do with him.

First let me say that I was watching on my personal laptop while supposedly listening to class on my work computer. Felt like I saw Judah starting the action toward the basket on the side opposite of where Chris was stationed. If the hope is to get Chris’ guy to help, that’s not going to happen when he’s on the wrong side.

I notice these things because it’s how I play. Hope my guy helps so I can reposition myself to pop the open three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom