"Dress Blues" on Saturday... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Dress Blues" on Saturday...

eh... you want to see the numbers. And some people are different. They remember numbers more than size and look of player.
So it's like game number 10, they still need to see numbers because they can't remember? Plus I think it's BS how can you not see this bright Orange on Navy? I'm sure the numbers will stick out more since they're are wearing Navy pants as well. Either way I'm on board with the color schemes.

C'mon man it'll be fun! Just as long as they don't wear white cleats. Gotta go black on black with the black and orange nike socks!

complaints.jpg

What we've worn this year:

URI - Orange/Blue/Orange - Traditional Home Uniforms
Wake - All Orange (Alternate)
CMU - Orange/Blue/Orange - Traditional Home Uniforms
LSU - Orange/Blue/Orange - Traditional Home Uniforms
USF - All Orange (Alternate)
UVA - All White (Alternate)
Pitt - Orange/Blue/Orange - Traditional Home Uniforms
FSU - Orange/White/Orange - Traditional Road Uniforms
Louisville - All White (Alternate)
Clemson - All Blue (Alternate)
NC State (Away)
BC (Home)

Maybe we can wear all orange and they can wear all orange and then no one will be able to tell one another apart. Might actually help us :D:D:D:D:D

For the record, that's my department.

I can't believe the backlash this thread is getting. We're wearing all blue against a team that wears all orange, and we're supposed to be the orange. WHY ARE YOU STARTING ANOTHER FIRE SHAFER THREAD.

Note to the schedule makers, no more hosting Clemson on Veteran's Day weekend.

No, I'm a troops-hating monster. Everyone knows it.

I can't believe the backlash this thread is getting. We're wearing all blue against a team that wears all orange, and we're supposed to be the orange. WHY ARE YOU STARTING ANOTHER FIRE SHAFER THREAD.

\

You're upset that it's not shirts v skins.

you can be a fann all you want but if you are sitting in the upperdeck you cant tell anything other than some numbers are single digits and some are now with this color combo. i will give you that i can tell the difference between clark and morgan by size but whether its a 3 or an 8 making a play on D no way. we run 20 guys out there on D its sometimes nice to know if we are changing up who the WRs are running past

Orange_Ammo said:
I still don't get how people complain about the numbers. The crazy thing is the true fans already know who's playing what position so the numbers really don't matter. If you can't look onto the field and tell these players apart by now... that's on you.

You really know who's on the field all the time?

We've played about a half dozen secondary combinations this year.

We've played different linebackers, linemen, ends. They're in and out of the game.

We rotate guys in and out on offense.

Whatever.

They're lousy uniforms.

In all seriousness when it comes to reading the #s on TV it seems to depend on the quality of the broadcast. The orange #s on blue jersey for URI was very difficult to read when streaming ESPN3 to my TV, and many others commented on that. It's been better when the games have been on HD TV channels, but certain angles and lighting can still make it difficult at times. All they need is white trim around the numbers and the problem is solved. Ironically the white jerseys with orange numbers have white trim. If they could peel those off and stick 'em on the blue jerseys it'd be hunky-dory.

The context was really lost when a certain post was deleted.

They deliberately waited to wear them so they could use the military excuse. The uniform combos were much better this year until now.

Nothing about those uniforms says military to me. We want to honor the military, go with cammo unis. I'd be in.
I think that would be awesome, as well. Would folks still complain, though, since they're not orange? Could possibly mean selling that camo boonie hat with the orange S on the front.

I've never understood why so many orange identify with blue. We are one of the only schools in the country that has only one color. We are not orange and blue. We are orange. That color is our brand.

Professor Clark consulted Baird's manual, then the authority on college matters, to see what combinations of orange had already been taken. Orange and blue were the most popular, but orange alone apparently was not claimed by any school and was Syracuse's for the taking. It was adopted unanimously by the committee, the faculty, the Alumni Association, and finally the trustees."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom