Drew Allen | Syracusefan.com

Drew Allen

Kid is BIG! 6'5 226! Don't know a thing about him... Can he run? He'll have one year left...

Must have seen what SU did for Nassib. Hope he doesn't figure out the offensive staff is gone.

What does this mean for the coach's opinion of Loeb, Hunt and Kinder?

Must have seen what SU did for Nassib. Hope he doesn't figure out the offensive staff is gone.

What does this mean for the coach's opinion of Loeb, Hunt and Kinder?

I was thinking the same thing... It be one thing if the kid had a few years of eligibility left, but he's only got one... Must be worried! Saw that Indiana will be tough to beat for him as their coach is his former OC!

If he signs here he isn't coming to hold the clipboard.

He has all the physical attributes; will he be able to come in soon enough to learn the playbook and get to know his teammates and coaches prior to the fist game on next season?

I'm not thinking we have too much faith in Loeb or the younger guys yet. If they aren't comfortable, I'm all for bringing in another QB to extend their development before the young guys are ready. Or McDonald just wants a transition QB until he can get one of his boys up there to man the position.

There's no reason for Ryan not to be the benchmark from now on. It should be expected every year from here on out.

I'm not thinking we have too much faith in Loeb or the younger guys yet. If they aren't comfortable, I'm all for bringing in another QB to extend their development before the young guys are ready. Or McDonald just wants a transition QB until he can get one of his boys up there to man the position.
Charlie is only good for this coming season and then its a contest for the position. Clearly the incumbents with eligibility aside from Kimble and maybe Wilson aren't enough for the staff at this point. I think their thinking is good. Keep bringing in the best we can and let them sort themselves out on the field I would like very much to attract a big time RB with game changing ability after their QB recruiting settles down.A fly boy WR wouldn't hurt either.Quality O-linemen searching is a given every year.

Former Oklahoma QB will visit Syracuse.
Maryland seems like a far more likely landing spot as they had multiple QBs hurt last year including a WR they used as a QB before finishing the year with a LB playing QB.

Maryland seems like a far more likely landing spot as they had multiple QBs hurt last year including a WR they used as a QB before finishing the year with a LB playing QB.

Per an avid Maryland fan "no - we are not considering him - we already have a transfer from New Mexico that was a Locksley guy and a 4-star freshman and all 3 of the injured guys should be good by fall so they decided not to bring another in"

He'll hold a clip board here if he's not good enough to win the job. He'll be behind the others from an XO standpoint and this isn't like the Paulus / Nassib year when Nassib was a redshirt freshman.

The kid is identical to Charlie Loeb as far as a 5th year senior who could never crack the lineup. From a coaches standpoint they sure don't need to play him just because he may transfer here. They have open scholies and adding another QB to the competition seems pretty ideal.

He'll hold a clip board here if he's not good enough to win the job. He'll be behind the others from an XO standpoint and this isn't like the Paulus / Nassib year when Nassib was a redshirt freshman.

The kid is identical to Charlie Loeb as far as a 5th year senior who could never crack the lineup. From a coaches standpoint they sure don't need to play him just because he may transfer here. They have open scholies and adding another QB to the competition seems pretty ideal.

I like the idea of having a backup QB on the team that has some on field experience.
What type of offense does OK play?
And if nothing else if Loeb wins the starting job someone has to hold the ball for Ross. ;)

Former Oklahoma QB will visit Syracuse.
Oklahoma is my second favorite college team. Out west here, I get to see almost all of their games. This kid got stuck behind Landry Jones and Blake Bell & never really had much of a chance. He literally only had a few cameos in the course of his three years there. He looked very solid in those brief appearances and I believe he has not thrown an INT (or a TD) pass in his career. I am not impressed with Blake Bell. If Bell is the heir apparant the Sooners will be in big trouble; however, I do not know if they have a frosh or a redshirt frosh waiting in the wings. If not, I believe Allen would have had a great chance to beat out the Belldozer.

As to Allen coming here, I doubt a kid that has sat for three years would come to a school unless the staff and he both thought he had a great opportunity to start. If the staff views Kimble or somebody else who need a year to develop as the 2014 starter then letting a kid like Allen come in for a year (ala Paulus) could be great for both the program and the kid. If the staff views that Loeb or somebody else on the roster has enough of the QB "it" factor to be a multi-year starter then I would wonder why we would bring in a one year guy.

I will say that, if this kid decides to come here:

1) He is the starter. A kid looking to transfer and can play right away is going nowhere to be a backup.

2) The year after's QB will be a battle between Long, Kimble, Wilson and any other QB recruits from this class

So you guys think he'd just be penciled in as the starter without having to earn it?

As a competitor he wouldn’t transfer here to be a backup but the kids on the field will decide that. I’m sure he’s viewed the depth chart and sees the situation as ideal because we just graduated a 4 year starter. But nobody is guaranteeing this kid a starting spot – nobody.

2) The year after's QB will be a battle between Long, Kimble, Wilson and any other QB recruits from this class

Really ? The QB battle is between some kid not on the roster and two true freshman? Ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom