Class of 2014 - DT Isaiah "Zeek" Rodney (SC) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DT Isaiah "Zeek" Rodney (SC) Offered

BbjrawkCEAAYX1j.jpg:large

RyanBartow 14h
Rock Hill DT Zeek Rodney arrives at Shrine Bowl. He rolled up 45 sacks past 2 years. #Syracuse #Charlotte pic.twitter.com/7cYwcRDYx6

This is the 2013 Shrine Bowl NC-SC

http://shrine-bowl.com/2013-roster/

When did they move the shrine bowl? I thought it was always in Charlotte in memorial stadium.

I think it's been over a decade since they played it at Memorial Stadium.

I was impressed with the kids they have playing on the NC team...Moesley, Register, Street, Hood, etc. But seeing Austin Proehl on there made me think about Wakes' lack of recruiting ability as Ricky Proehl is a Wake alum but his kid committed to UNC.

From 24/7 on first day of Shrine Bowl practice. Zeek made top 5 players.

3- Zeek Rodney, DT, Rock Hill (S.C.) South Pointe- Rodney is a BCS-level prospect, but academics have caused his recruitment to be stale for the most part (Syracuse, we hear, may be showing attention). There’s no doubt, though, that the 6-foot-1, 290-pounder has elite quickness, a high motor and outstanding strength. There’s no doubt he’s a player and during the practice session Monday morning, he was a load to handle. One college staff who recruits South Carolina heavily has maintained for two years that Rodney was the best defensive linemen in the entire state on the high school level.

Hopefully he is getting his academics in order. I saw from his twitter that he was supposed to be taking his ACT this past Saturday. If it comes to it the staff knows a good Prep school in NC that should be able to get him straight.;)

Hopefully he is getting his academics in order. I saw from his twitter that he was supposed to be taking his ACT this past Saturday. If it comes to it the staff knows a good Prep school in NC that should be able to get him straight.;)
Who would that be?

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/12/20/5524320/no-longer-hamstrung-rodney-eager.html

"Rodney was late getting up to Spartanburg last weekend because he had to take the ACT Saturday.
“My grades are coming along good,” he said. “I should be fine.”
He said he hasn’t heard from Boston College’s coaching staff in a while, but coaches from Syracuse, Marshall, Ball State and Charlotte have been constant presences at South Pointe, while Wake Forest is also slated to stop by soon. Coaches from the Football Bowl Subdivision are prohibited from visiting Shrine Bowl activities, an NCAA decree, but many of them will see Saturday’s game via the Internet or a DVD copy. "

CL did you watch the game? How did Rodney perform? He is going to be a priority that we have to have

CL did you watch the game? How did Rodney perform? He is going to be a priority that we have to have

I didn't see it all just caught parts of it. I didn't see him play much in the first half but caught some of the 3rd Quarter. He made some good tackles and caused the NC QB to have to hurry his throws. Then of course there was the blocked PAT. After watching that game I hope the staff tries to recruit some more SC players.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/12/21/5525572/rock-hill-stars-make-decisive.html

"Park’s second quarter was offensively fruitless but South Carolina took its 14-0 lead into the break unscathed, thanks to a stout and stingy Sandlapper defensive unit, led by Hartsville’s DeQuan Reddick, who had two first half sacks, and cousins K.J and Poona Ford, who had a sack each. Rodney was also a factor with three tackles and a slick tackle-for-loss on Hood."

This guy is a must get IMO. A position of need (DT) and he's from the South where many great DL are made.

Jacob Putnam ‏@jacobaputnam 9h
Three-star DT Zeek Rodney will take an official visit to Wake Forest soon (VIP)

Have I mentioned lately how much I'm starting to dislike Clawson.

clawson couldnt win at tennessee with all that talent, he's not going to win at wake either.

clawson couldnt win at tennessee with all that talent, he's not going to win at wake either.

He's been a winner at Fordham and Richmond, two places much more like Wake Forest than Tennessee. Plus, he was the OC to Fulmer's sinking ship, not the HC.