Class of 2014 - DT Isaiah "Zeek" Rodney (SC) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DT Isaiah "Zeek" Rodney (SC) Offered

Jacob Putnam ‏@jacobaputnam 9h
Three-star DT Zeek Rodney will take an official visit to Wake Forest soon (VIP)

Have I mentioned lately how much I'm starting to dislike Clawson.

Wake is the one school we have to worry about due to proximity. I was hoping he wouldn't schedule an OV

Wake is the one school we have to worry about due to proximity. I was hoping he wouldn't schedule an OV

Exactly my concern also. Close to home. Good thing is that if Wake has offered his academics should all be in order.

Dave Clawson basically won the 1AA National Championship for Mike London. Clawson did a great job of building the Richmond program and took a flyer at TN to get into a major D1 program after 2007. That didn't work out. London came to Richmond in 2008 and won the natl championship with Clawsons team. London then left Richmond after one season for the UVA job and has done nothing but lose since his arrival there.
My point is Clawson is a very good head coach and Wake made a great hire.

Dave Clawson basically won the 1AA National Championship for Mike London. Clawson did a great job of building the Richmond program and took a flyer at TN to get into a major D1 program after 2007. That didn't work out. London came to Richmond in 2008 and won the natl championship with Clawsons team. London then left Richmond after one season for the UVA job and has done nothing but lose since his arrival there.
My point is Clawson is a very good head coach and Wake made a great hire.
Grobe is a very good coach also. Just no support at Wake.

Get him up for the Carolina or Duke hoops game and he will commit while there...

Get him up for the Carolina or Duke hoops game and he will commit while there...

The Carolina game is during the Dead Period so that isn't happening. They are bringing him in for the first opportunity after it ends.. Pitt.

Rodney takes visit, schedules two more
By Eric Guimaraes
bilde

Zeek Rodney
Click for larger image
DL Zeek Rodney of South Pointe took his fist official visit to Charlotte and has two more lined up for January. His first trip was a good one. "I really liked it," Rodney said of Charlotte. "I liked the facilities and the surrounding area...stuff like that." His next scheduled visit will be to Syracuse on January 17th. He heads to Wake Forest the following week. "I don't really have any favorites," he said. "I want to see the schools first." Other schools showing interest are Boston College, Ball State and Marshall. There is a possibility he could visit one or all of these schools. "I just got back from The Shrine Bowl and I'm getting ready for a basketball game, so I haven't really thought about it," he admitted. Rodney plans to make a decision the week following his final

Just a reminder if any of you want to watch Zeek today. Most of his playing time seemed to be in the 2nd half from what I saw on espn3.

SportsTalk ‏@sportstalksc 14h
Saturday's Shrine Bowl will be broadcast on http://ESPN3.com. A replay of the game will air Dec 29th on ESPNU at 3pm. #ShrineBowl

Just checked ESPNU and this game is already on. If you check it out now should be able to catch his second half action.

I am watching - kid looks shorter than 6'1" and he has not made many plays despite one of the NC guards he is up against being fairly small. I cannot imagine him getting anywhere against college lineman without him getting a lot stronger.

Kevin Mitchell was able to be outstanding as a short stout DT so it can be done, but few have the strength and speed to make it work.

You can never have too many solid DL so I'll trust those who have given him 3 stars but there is work to do.

I actually looked at a map today and realized just how close Rock Hill is to Winston-Salem. Rock Hill is basically a suburb of Charlotte, a school which he still had in the running. Kind of makes me feel he would like to stay close to home. WF would give him that option.

Would be nice to get him, but I get the feeling that he'll stay in the Carolinas.

I am watching - kid looks shorter than 6'1" and he has not made many plays despite one of the NC guards he is up against being fairly small. I cannot imagine him getting anywhere against college lineman without him getting a lot stronger.

Kevin Mitchell was able to be outstanding as a short stout DT so it can be done, but few have the strength and speed to make it work.

You can never have too many solid DL so I'll trust those who have given him 3 stars but there is work to do.

I didn't see the game but that is suprising to me. His size is definitely a question mark but I thought on his highlight film he looked to have very good burst and be extremely strong. I was impressed with it.

Its good that we have a home basketball game the next 2 Saturdays for recruits to get a part of the Dome atmosphere and in a a good way for sure. This kid is somebody I would for us to get. I have a friend whose brother is a coach at Clover High School in SC just outside of Charlotte and he said Rodney is the real deal.

Its good that we have a home basketball game the next 2 Saturdays for recruits to get a part of the Dome atmosphere and in a a good way for sure. This kid is somebody I would for us to get. I have a friend whose brother is a coach at Clover High School in SC just outside of Charlotte and he said Rodney is the real deal.

He should have fun at the Pitt game as I see he also plays BB. Too bad the Carolina game is during the Dead Period.

I would take another Eric Crume clone although it looks like he may have a higher upside

1. Chris Beamguard ‏@ChrisBeamguard 14h
  2. Correction: Jernigan for FSU just did one of those tribal dances that fire hydrant with arms (Zeek Rodney) does when he makes a tackle.
Chris Beamguard ‏@ChrisBeamguard 14h
Jernigan for FSU just did one of those tribal dances Zeek does when he makes a tackle

This kid will be fun to watch.