Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

bcubs9497

Not sure if you heard about our DT Marcus Coleman potentially having to end his career due to injury but if not please reiterate to Steven that there will be PT to be earned from day 1.

He heard about it. What happened to him?

Close to a foot. That's a pant-load of snow for down here. Set some sort of record for the month of February.

Also, please call me Steve. "Mr Clark" is a bit too formal for an old schmoe like me =D.
I heard it's been crazy up that way, just don't let it come down in southern parts of Bama.

lol...okay Steve.

Glad to see that you are still with us. ;)

Yeah lot of snow for us "southerners" but my biggest thrill was the drunk ringing our doorbell at 4am looking for a chainsaw because he hit some trees.
Did he look like this?
images

He heard about it. What happened to him?

Apperently has had injuries to both feet over his career. I was never aware of it until the recent article about him having to potentially hang it up for good.

Shame to because he was a model student/citizen by all accounts and was also starting to show promise last year. I was excited to see him on the field this year. He was undersized coming out of HS @ ~260 but was up to 280 and looking the part.

Issues Steven won't have coming in @ 290 and being able to bench press a Volkswagen. Coleman was a wrestler in High School, did Steven wrestle as well?

Apperently has had injuries to both feet over his career. I was never aware of it until the recent article about him having to potentially hang it up for good.

Shame to because he was a model student/citizen by all accounts and was also starting to show promise last year. I was excited to see him on the field this year. He was undersized coming out of HS @ ~260 but was up to 280 and looking the part.

Issues Steven won't have coming in @ 290 and being able to bench press a Volkswagen. Coleman was a wrestler in High School, did Steven wrestle as well?

Too bad about his feet. Wonder if his issues are ankle related? A big man's ankles take quite a beating. Wonder if he'll be kept on scholarship? If I know Coach Daoust at all, Coleman will be taken care of.

Never had a wrestling program. There's been talk of starting one but, from what I was told, we can't seem to find a coach.

Also, Steven's not quite up to benching a VW yet. Last time he maxed, back in December, it was 360. He's got some work to do. On the plus side, during our first session together on Monday, he was repping 245 (4x10). I believe he'll break the 400 barrier by the end of April when the powerlifting championship is held. A 400+ bench, 600 squat, and a 300+ clean should get him first place in his weight class again. If they had the deadlift as an event in the competition, he'd be in the 1500 club for sure.

Too bad about his feet. Wonder if his issues are ankle related? A big man's ankles take quite a beating. Wonder if he'll be kept on scholarship? If I know Coach Daoust at all, Coleman will be taken care of.

Never had a wrestling program. There's been talk of starting one but, from what I was told, we can't seem to find a coach.

Also, Steven's not quite up to benching a VW yet. Last time he maxed, back in December, it was 360. He's got some work to do. On the plus side, during our first session together on Monday, he was repping 245 (4x10). I believe he'll break the 400 barrier by the end of April when the powerlifting championship is held. A 400+ bench, 600 squat, and a 300+ clean should get him first place in his weight class again. If they had the deadlift as an event in the competition, he'd be in the 1500 club for sure.
Looks like they are keeping him on as a undergradute assistant so he can stay on scholarship and finish degree

Syracuse, where FAMILY isn't just a motto we put on jerseys.
View attachment 37387

That is by far the dumbest Motto in college football. Second only to "Chop", their other beauty (What does that even mean anyway?). Everytime I see someone refer to the "Forget about me I love you" thing I want to vomit. :vomit:

The sucky thing about this snow is that Steven and I may not make it to the gym today. It's deadlift day, and I want to see if we can go 4x10 at 335.
hit 5x8 at 315lbs yesterday. The hardest part is being able to hold onto something that heavy for that long

Close to a foot. That's a pant-load of snow for down here. Set some sort of record for the month of February.

Also, please call me Steve. "Mr Clark" is a bit too formal for an old schmoe like me =D.
"Please, 'Mr. Clark' should be reserved for someone who regularly wears pants!"

hit 5x8 at 315lbs yesterday. The hardest part is being able to hold onto something that heavy for that long

Chalk. Lots of it! I'm okay till I hit 365. After that, I gotta chalk up, otherwise the damn barbell slips out of my hands. After I hit 435, I've got to use straps. Hate straps, though.

We have always, for as long as I can remember, taken care of our guys who became medically ineligible.

More so since the 80's. Shafer is great when it comes to protecting his players. That's one of the biggest things about him that I respect.

Steven Clark ‏@SLClark7250 13m13 minutes ago
Got the Cuse strength and conditioning packet starting it today gave it to my strength coach today and he gave me this crazy look #D1bound
1f60f.png
1f4aa.png

Crazy good or crazy bad? As in whoa thats a lot of work, or whoa thats not enough work? I know Steven, like Shy, likes to workout pretty hard. Bam was saying the strength training wasn't enough.

bcubs9497

Not sure if you heard about our DT Marcus Coleman potentially having to end his career due to injury but if not please reiterate to Steven that there will be PT to be earned from day 1.
Wanted to give this a bump and ask Bcubs how he feels about Steven's opportunity to compete right away for playing time. Could be a good thing but might be good if he had more time to prepare as well. What's your thought?

Wanted to give this a bump and ask Bcubs how he feels about Steven's opportunity to compete right away for playing time. Could be a good thing but might be good if he had more time to prepare as well. What's your thought?
Especially since Sloan is out as well. Looks like we have Raymon, Williams, Slayton, Samuels, and the frosh Clark/Cross. Raymon and Williams are listed at NT. Is Clark a DT or NT in our scheme? Could be a grouping of 1T Raymon/Slayton 2T Williams/Clark.

Especially since Sloan is out as well. Looks like we have Raymon, Williams, Slayton, Samuels, and the frosh Clark/Cross. Raymon and Williams are listed at NT. Is Clark a DT or NT in our scheme? Could be a grouping of 1T Raymon/Slayton 2T Williams/Clark.
Nicely put...

I think that if Coach Daoust says that Steven's ready, then I'm good with it. Steven's certainly preparing himself to be ready for the fall; he's working the S&C plan mailed to him last week, and he's already made good gains.

I believe Coach Daoust sees him as a 3-tech or NT.