Class of 2015 - DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DT Steven Clark (AL) Signed LOI

I continue to be very impressed with Steven and Shy's work ethic. Neither of them will ever have to wonder what they could have done if they put in more effort - I don't think it's possible for those two to put in more effort.

Anyone remember what Art Jones' weight room numbers were when he was at Cuse? Feel like Steven might get to his level and have a similar impact on the field.

Anyone remember what Art Jones' weight room numbers were when he was at Cuse? Feel like Steven might get to his level and have a similar impact on the field.
I'm sure they were great but the reason why Art got that big contract outside of size/strength is his understanding of leverage and hand violence. All those years of wrestling his brothers paid off.

Bcubs does steven have a room mate yet? Him and shy should room together so they can hit the gym!

=D

Not sure. He hasn't mentioned it; he's been obsessing about prom lately.

I continue to be very impressed with Steven and Shy's work ethic. Neither of them will ever have to wonder what they could have done if they put in more effort - I don't think it's possible for those two to put in more effort.

They both have a great work ethic. That will serve them both well, no matter what they choose to do in the future. It is a tribute to the way they were brought up. I could only wish that my son has that drive to succeed when he reaches their age.

They both have a great work ethic. That will serve them both well, no matter what they choose to do in the future. It is a tribute to the way they were brought up. I could only wish that my son has that drive to succeed when he reaches their age.

Would be a great question for both bcubs and bam. At what point did your boys decide they want to be more than good athletes/players and start putting In the tireless work to become exceptional?

Would be a great question for both bcubs and bam. At what point did your boys decide they want to be more than good athletes/players and start putting In the tireless work to become exceptional?
I would say for shy he was always an athlete he started playing hockey at 5 his mom didn't let him play football till 7 th grade when we met. Freshamn year he didn't really by into the whole this could take you somewhere thing. He just liked playing. Sophomore year was when he realized hey I'm pretty good at this. From there his workouts and preparation really took off growing more and more each year. This year has been the most intense he is really intent on starting freshman year. I've heard that a lot from parents of this class. A lot of these kids were 4 year starters and stars in high school. A lot if parents have said they worry about their kids having a hard time if they end up watching freshman year

Not sure if it was so much the desire to be an exceptional athlete as much as it was the desire to beat the living hell out of someone and get away with it. Steven used to get teased a lot for being big, and football was THE way to get even. It kind of went from there...

I would say for shy he was always an athlete he started playing hockey at 5 his mom didn't let him play football till 7 th grade when we met. Freshamn year he didn't really by into the whole this could take you somewhere thing. He just liked playing. Sophomore year was when he realized hey I'm pretty good at this. From there his workouts and preparation really took off growing more and more each year. This year has been the most intense he is really intent on starting freshman year. I've heard that a lot from parents of this class. A lot of these kids were 4 year starters and stars in high school. A lot if parents have said they worry about their kids having a hard time if they end up watching freshman year

Appreciate It as always brother. Good insight for parents of athletes waiting to see if/when a switch will flip.

Not sure if it was so much the desire to be an exceptional athlete as much as it was the desire to beat the living hell out of someone and get away with it. Steven used to get teased a lot for being big, and football was THE way to get even. It kind of went from there...

I'm going to venture a guess and say noone has been teasing Steven lately... except for perhaps co-eds on his official visits.

I'm going to venture a guess and say noone has been teasing Steven lately... except for perhaps co-eds on his official visits.

Nope, not for a while. Well, a little bit last summer, until the first full-contact practice. Some of the incoming frosh were a little froggy...

I love having good kids who play mean... To me it's the most lethal combo, they tend to be coach able, play/prepare ther a$$es off and leave nothing on the field

I second cuse legacy, it is really terrific to get all of your perspective, whether or not it's consensus. Thank you!

Nope, not for a while. Well, a little bit last summer, until the first full-contact practice. Some of the incoming frosh were a little froggy...

I truly would've loved to see that. You guys thinking they've already arrived and Steven thinking "you're gonna learn something today".

I truly would've loved to see that. You guys thinking they've already arrived and Steven thinking "you're gonna learn something today".

Here's a funny story. In the summer of Steven's sophomore year, there was a big freshman who'd just moved in from another, bigger school. Kid had been giving Steven a massive ration of crap, telling Steven he was going to take his position and make Steven his "bitch". A tradition at Brindlee Mountain is that, on the first day of full contact, it's "Oklahoma" day. So, on that first day of full contact, the kid calls out Steven, they line up, and Steven flat out slams the kid on his ass. Kid picks himself out of the dirt, hollering for a second chance. Unfortunately for the kid, he gets that chance. Steven flattens him again, and this time the kid barely staggers to his feet and is helped to the bench.

Several of us dads are watching this, and the kid's dad starts yammering about how Steven's being too rough. Then he starts giving my son a bit of crap (from the sidelines). All this time, he had no idea that I'm Steven's dad. Finally, after a few minutes of hearing the kid's dad BS, Steven, still on the field, turns around and screams at the dad that the next time he comes up against his son, he'll "put him in the !@#$ing hospital". The kid's dad turns to me and says, "Did you hear that"? I said, "Yep, and he'll do it, too."

The kid quit before the start of the season.

Here's a funny story. In the summer of Steven's sophomore year, there was a big freshman who'd just moved in from another, bigger school. Kid had been giving Steven a massive ration of crap, telling Steven he was going to take his position and make Steven his "bitch". A tradition at Brindlee Mountain is that, on the first day of full contact, it's "Oklahoma" day. So, on that first day of full contact, the kid calls out Steven, they line up, and Steven flat out slams the kid on his ass. Kid picks himself out of the dirt, hollering for a second chance. Unfortunately for the kid, he gets that chance. Steven flattens him again, and this time the kid barely staggers to his feet and is helped to the bench.

Several of us dads are watching this, and the kid's dad starts yammering about how Steven's being too rough. Then he starts giving my son a bit of crap (from the sidelines). All this time, he had no idea that I'm Steven's dad. Finally, after a few minutes of hearing the kid's dad BS, Steven, still on the field, turns around and screams at the dad that the next time he comes up against his son, he'll "put him in the !@#$ing hospital". The kid's dad turns to me and says, "Did you hear that"? I said, "Yep, and he'll do it, too."

The kid quit before the start of the season.
Amazing

Leg night again. Squats. Steven hit 555. He's 45 pounds from his goal.
Hey did steven send in his videos to the coaches yet? Its been a terrible week for shy for this request. Sunday he got some type of flu he has been feeling horrible and missed sunday and Monday at the gym. We have to combine workouts the next two days to get the videos in

Hey did steven send in his videos to the coaches yet? Its been a terrible week for shy for this request. Sunday he got some type of flu he has been feeling horrible and missed sunday and Monday at the gym. We have to combine workouts the next two days to get the videos in

Hi, John!

Yeah, I think he did. Last night's and the stuff from Saturday.