Duke board: K needs to use his bench more | Syracusefan.com

Duke board: K needs to use his bench more

"We've seen this before with K. In big games he sticks with his "big guns" regardless of how poor they are playing. There is no excuse not to play Hairston, Jones, and Dawkins more in the 2nd half to give guys breathers. Everyone sees how tired Duke was in the 2nd half except K."

"We've seen this before with K. In big games he sticks with his "big guns" regardless of how poor they are playing. There is no excuse not to play Hairston, Jones, and Dawkins more in the 2nd half to give guys breathers. Everyone sees how tired Duke was in the 2nd half except K."

Too funny.

They're complaining with Dawkins, Sulaimon, Plumlee etc. coming off the bench...

We have Gbinije and BMK. Maybe Roberson if JB is feeling nutty.

Excellent post. I think your avatar takes away from the recognition some of your posts deserve, but I love it man!

Duke doesn't have the bigs to rotate. Jefferson can guard but doesn't rebound that well, plumlee can rebound and that's about it. Hairston isn't ready yet and aside from Parker none of their other starters have much interest in getting after the boards.

blue devils played eight guys over 10 minutes. nobody more than 35. at least they had the semblance of a rotation. 11 tar heels in the box score.

Last edited:
So, let me see if I've got this. The projected consensus no. 1 NBA lottery pick is getting about 25 minutes /game, and the fans there are unhappy because they think their coach, who has more NCAA wins than anyone else in its history, is playing him too much? Do I have that right? Man, you gotta love these fan forum thingy's! :D

They're complaining with Dawkins, Sulaimon, Plumlee etc. coming off the bench...

We have Gbinije and BMK. Maybe Roberson if JB is feeling nutty.

Ha. Yeah, a couple of potent scorers, big body for fouls, and they're complaining. :crazy:

Duke won't win a NC unless their offense plays well each night. Jabari Parker can't play defense. He is a gifted offensive player, and he is a stud for the NBA game. However, Duke can't defend unless they have Plumlee on the floor and his offense is Keita like in that he can only rebound and get put backs. Jefferson is their best big guy, but he gets foul trouble a lot. Duke's weakness is their defending the 4/5 positions. We need to exploit that weakness and hope they shoot the 3 ball like they did last night and against Maryland. If they shoot like they did against us the first game it will be tough to beat them at Cameron Indoor unless we get them into foul trouble and score down low a lot.

Duke won't win a NC unless their offense plays well each night. Jabari Parker can't play defense. He is a gifted offensive player, and he is a stud for the NBA game. However, Duke can't defend unless they have Plumlee on the floor and his offense is Keita like in that he can only rebound and get put backs. Jefferson is their best big guy, but he gets foul trouble a lot. Duke's weakness is their defending the 4/5 positions. We need to exploit that weakness and hope they shoot the 3 ball like they did last night and against Maryland. If they shoot like they did against us the first game it will be tough to beat them at Cameron Indoor unless we get them into foul trouble and score down low a lot.

Does anyone know whether Maryland and UNC played M2M?

Does anyone know whether Maryland and UNC played M2M?
Carolina mixed m2m, 2-3 zone, 1-3-1 zone in the 2nd half against Duke. Duke scored 37 points in the first half against UNC m2m, but only 29 points in the 2nd half when UNC changed defenses. When Carolina made there run though they were playing more zone than m2m and Duke couldn't hit their shots.
Maryland played m2m I believe.

Duke is one of the best shooting teams in the nation though. They have 4-5 good 3 pt shooters, and unless they shoot like 5 for 16 or 9 for 24 they are going to win a lot of games.

Carolina mixed m2m, 2-3 zone, 1-3-1 zone in the 2nd half against Duke. Duke scored 37 points in the first half against UNC m2m, but only 29 points in the 2nd half when UNC changed defenses. When Carolina made there run though they were playing more zone than m2m and Duke couldn't hit their shots.
Maryland played m2m I believe.

Duke is one of the best shooting teams in the nation though. They have 4-5 good 3 pt shooters, and unless they shoot like 5 for 16 or 9 for 24 they are going to win a lot of games.

I often find myself wishing we mixed up our D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom