Duke fan here- great game | Syracusefan.com

Duke fan here- great game

Duke is a great team. As JB said, there is no way they are only the 17th best team in the nation.

If someone had told me prior to the game that Duke will hit over 40% of their threes and make 15 of them, I'd of said we would probably lose.

Took everything we had to pull this game out.

Mad respect tonight.

I'll go back to hating Duke tomorrow. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

encore...

I04M

you guys are a great team and the game was one of the greatest i have ever seen. hopefully the re-match in Cameron will be just as fan as the game tonight.
i doubted you early but clearly a FF type team. hope we re not in ur bracket. cameron should be a blast!

If Cameron could hold 30,000 for the rematch we would probably fill it up with Cuse fans if you couldn't fill it. I think a lot of people would make the trip if tickets were available.

you guys are a great team and the game was one of the greatest i have ever seen. hopefully the re-match in Cameron will be just as fan as the game tonight.

I don't think any one has fully grasp how the ACC is fundamentally changed with the addition of the three latest Big East schools.

I'll guarantee the Duke fans haven't. They are still worried about UNC.

What has been created --- thanks to Swofford --- it the best basketball conference ever.

This game will start to change perceptions.

No team in Amercia could have even stayed close in this game (against either team) if they didn't bring their A+++ game. It was played at amazingly high level on both sides and will go down as one of the best regular season games/wins for us in a long time. Just because of what it took to win that. Amazing.

They should play the game in Greensboro. Wait----that game doesn't happen until the last Sunday of the ACC tournament!

Great fan and a great game. Well done for coming on here after losing, although that was one of the best losing efforts I've ever lived through. Well done!

Agreed. One of those few games where I can safely say, even if we lost, it was a great, great game. I just wouldn't say it with as much enthusiasm. ;)

I'm going to have nightmares of Duke draining threes. Good game, I hope Cameron Indoor lives up to the atmosphere that we have provided. Great game even though it almost killed me.

It will. Great game again.

This could be as defining a game of us entering the "new" ACC as Georgetown beating us at Manley defined the beginning of the Big East.

What I couldn't believe was that even when the Cuse was runnin' and jammin', stealin' and dealin', and the crowd was en fuego, Duke was still hanging in only 3 pts behind. Duke's poise and tenacity under fire is a tribute to great players and a great coach. Let the rivalry begin!-VBOF

If duke stays away from kansas or zona in their bracket they have a great shot at making the ff. Game in cameron will be epic as well. I think duke takes that one but will be fun.

Congratulations to the Orange from a Duke alum. I think the story of the game was the difficulty each team had on defense. Duke's problem was the inability to defend inside which led not just to Syracuse points but to tons of Duke fouls. Syracuse's problem was that Duke just has too many talented three point shooters to guard with a zone. I'm not sure what either team can change for the rematch. Plumlee is developing fast but I don't know that he can develop fast enough to be a factor in a game like this, this year. Syracuse's zone is what it us. Difficulty guarding the three is an inherent part of any zone, even one as good as Syracuse plays.​

Congratulations to the Orange from a Duke alum. I think the story of the game was the difficulty each team had on defense. Duke's problem was the inability to defend inside which led not just to Syracuse points but to tons of Duke fouls. Syracuse's problem was that Duke just has too many talented three point shooters to guard with a zone. I'm not sure what either team can change for the rematch. Plumlee is developing fast but I don't know that he can develop fast enough to be a factor in a game like this, this year. Syracuse's zone is what it us. Difficulty guarding the three is an inherent part of any zone, even one as good as Syracuse plays.​
Nailed it on the head - expect the return to be similar - neither can guard the other well.

chs: If you read many posts on this board tonight, you will see that most of us agree that it was one of the best games ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom