Duke game thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duke game thread

Surprised we haven't seen Patterson more...Kaleb's been bad but JB still won't take him out..kinda shows wha the thinsk of Ron

Huge allowing those wide open 3s for duke.

No one in sight.

jdubs30 said:
Surprised we haven't seen Patterson more...Kaleb's been bad but JB still won't take him out..kinda shows wha the thinsk of Ron

Patterson is a worse offensive player than BMK.

Duke made shot the last 5 minutes the first 15 we played really elite defense. Honestly I hope puts Patterson or Johnson in for Joseph he really hurt us on defense and didn't give much on offense in the first half.

Weird half - so much good, but a lot of weird.

A lot of odd non-foul calls. At least one odd one on Xmas. We got away with a few including one that looked like an incredibly blatant arm grab. Would have liked a replay.

Xmas seems to be nervous on offense - probably thinking too much about his big match-up. Okafor should have at least one foul if that was a foul on Xmas though on his second foul! lol

When Cooney goes into those weird contested early shot-clock fadeaways...disaster usually follows. As it did here yet again. His shot selection befuddles me at times. He does it whether the offense is clicking or not.

Why were neither Roberson nor G playing opposite the SU bench side of the zone for like three possessions in a row? Weird strategy. And Joseph got yelled at after the one three. Maybe I missed something.

Duke made shot the last 5 minutes the first 15 we played really elite defense. Honestly I hope puts Patterson or Johnson in for Joseph he really hurt us on defense and didn't give much on offense in the first half.

Kaleb almost singlehandedly cost the team a double digit lead going into halftime.

Yeah can def tell kaleb needs to compose himself in these big games. He is his own worst enemy. Just play some basketball kaleb! You can do it!

G unreal - Shakey needs to help him in 2nd half after Duke makes adjustments. Need something fom Rak. Keep the faith! LGO!

Once again, no matter how bad a team some think we are, this team has proven yet again it can play with anyone in the country.
Cuse playing tough, but it's pretty common for Bubble-type squads to get up and play tough against top 5 teams at home. Plenty of our opponents over the last 6 years played us tough on their home floor. Let's see if this year's Cuse team can finish the deal tonight.

Reactions: MGP
Kaleb almost singlehandedly cost the team a double digit lead going into halftime.
Well it's difficult when both of your forwards are playing one side of the zone.

Boeheim can yell at him for getting back sooner, but not a lot Kaleb can do if Roberson and Gbinije are morons for a few possessions. Because they were.

Once again, no matter how bad a team some think we are, this team has proven yet again it can play with anyone in the country.
But not for a whole game yet.
It took an incredible individual effort from G to set the team at halftime. Despite a really bad defensive sequence before the half.
I really hope they can close one against a really good team this time.

Reactions: MGP
Should be up more than 3. Duke is feeling very good right now. Cooney gotta ball in 2h

Definitely. Thought Rak looked a touch more Rak'ish on his last few touches, made some nice decisions passing the ball though. Hopefully his offense picks up, and Cooney's as well.

And hopefully G can drop 20 or 30 more! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom