Duke has positive COVID test; done for season | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Duke has positive COVID test; done for season

Can’t wait for this to be the talking point all day even though Duke wasn’t making it anyways and there’s 56 other games.
Totally. Every remaining game of the ACC tournament. Selection Sunday and each and every game of the NCAA tournament. Probably will do a special piece on it at the Final Four. Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke. Yes I feel bad for the players, for sure. But it will be talked about a bit too much.

So i take it as Coach K planned this so he wouldn’t potentially have a losing season on his record.

Totally. Every remaining game of the ACC tournament. Selection Sunday and each and every game of the NCAA tournament. Probably will do a special piece on it at the Final Four. Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke. Yes I feel bad for the players, for sure. But it will be talked about a bit too much.

There will be a special on ESPNU tonight.

The SpiderCam view will be on ESPN News.

So NCAA committee HAS to seed them in a bracket that starts on Thursday. Wednesday is day 7. Louisville can travel to a site while still under protocol.

So NCAA committee HAS to seed them in a bracket that starts on Thursday. Wednesday is day 7. Louisville can travel to a site while still under protocol.

Unless Louisville is in the First Four, the Tournament starts on Friday this year.

Thanks. Was not aware of this.

Covid altered...

1615512914513.png

Nope. NCAA just reinvited Duke back in. They will be the replacement team No. 1 to replace any team got infected player.

So let me get this straight, Duke if selected can now play in the tournament? I am not big on conspiracies, but I can’t help but think they knew they would have a better chance of making it if they pulled out of the ACC Tournament after two wins vs getting best and that would be the last image for the committee. I swear if Duke makes it a lot of ppl should make some serious complaining!

It's amazing -- they sure worked this situation like propaganda. Everybody on ESPN practically in tears about them not getting a chance to play in the tournament. Boo, hoo, hoo.

They pretty much needed to win the ACC to earn their way in.

But I guess I'm not accounting for the Duke exemption.

the K Krew will all be gathered around the TV and slapping the floor laughing selection sunday.

Playing in the Raleigh region.

now to the raleigh region. these games will be played friday/sunday. duke gets in as the 7 seed. and we’ve just learned these games have been moved to cameron indoor stadium.

Nope. NCAA just reinvited Duke back in. They will be the replacement team No. 1 to replace any team got infected player.
Duke just issued a quarantine for all undergraduates. I think this is the end for them this year.

Duke made sure to tell the NCAA they are still good to be selected. I mean it's comical they think it's important that everyone knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom